ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball RHJ declares for the 2022 NBA Draft

It's funny you say that, I was looking through the NBA of who to comp Harper's body to and he comps pretty well to Grant Williams.

Grant was a pretty good college player and has had a nice start to his NBA career

Looking at their college careers, they were very similar in terms of production, Grant did a little more but he was also playing with much more talent around him. RHJ is the better shooter from 3 though
It's pretty amusing as a Celtics fan how much my two basketball teams took nearly parallel paths early on between injuries, inconsistency, and then a massive turnaround halfway through the season driven by defense. Celtics obviously have taken it and ran with it and have been the best team in the league for the past three months as opposed to Rutgers finishing still inconsistent. Harper I see as a bit of Smart and a bit of Williams and would fit in very nicely as a backup wing especially alongside shooters Pritchard/Nesmith when they are rotating out one of the stars. The grit and effort he plays with would mesh very well. Same goes with McConnell.

Reactions: Mbash93
So, did RHJ sign with an agent or only declare?
I believe his reference to being “all-in” indicates this isn’t like last time when he was exploring his options. If he hasn’t hired one yet, he will soon. Many birds now have him in late 2nd round. He’s gone.

Literally **** off. Kid poured his heart out for this team and was the only reason we made the tourney this year. Dropped 20+ with ridiculous clutch shooting against ND — he should be the last player anyone points their finger at for that loss
Lighten up Francis. Always been 110% RHJ fan. Every game thread I have been with him and wanted the ball in his hands at crunch time. Many fans have been of the same opinion about his conditioning. It's a testament to his value at RU--he was our best all around player on the court-- not an insult. And I would apologize to him if he might take it that way.

It's funny you say that, I was looking through the NBA of who to comp Harper's body to and he comps pretty well to Grant Williams.

Grant was a pretty good college player and has had a nice start to his NBA career

Looking at their college careers, they were very similar in terms of production, Grant did a little more but he was also playing with much more talent around him. RHJ is the better shooter from 3 though
I was thinking the same exact thing. Grant came in a little doughy as a rookie as well.
Grant put in a lot of work to move up the pecking order for the C’s.
(Another Celtics fan here).

I'm sure if Ron has a choice to get drafted by or goes undrafted, he will try to get signed by his favorite team, NY Knicks.

I'm sure if Ron has a choice to get drafted by or goes undrafted, he will try to get signed by his favorite team, NY Knicks.
He was projected for latter in the 2nd round, but there are more than han a round full of players that project in that span every year.
He has the pedigree, but I wonder if he will hear his name called.

Reactions: Scarlet Blind
if you are a pro team and your choice came down to Ron or Trevion Williams, who would you take?

If RU had a chance to go far in the tournament next year would Ron have been more likely to stay put one more year ?

Highly doubt it. I don't think another year would really bolster his draft profile much further, unless maybe if he did a full physique transformation and moved fully out of the PF spot to the SF spot.

Reactions: Zimm80
He'll have his degree and a chance to play professionally next season over coming back to a rebuilding team. With many of his friends graduating and leaving (outside of the basketball team), it's a tough sell for any kid to come back after the career he's had on the court, the draft feedback he got last year already, plus the piece of paper that says graduate.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Luv the guy but what if he kept his body in the best shape possible his last couple years here? Sweet 16 last year and probably this year too...😕
Yeah not impressed, he will look back and wonder to himself why he didn’t do it in college
Wish him the best, and will always wonder what could have been had he done what he is proposing to do, over the last few years

Yeah not impressed, he will look back and wonder to himself why he didn’t do it in college
Wish him the best, and will always wonder what could have been had he done what he is proposing to do, over the last few years

I really think it's due in no small part to our having no other option at the 4. He wasn't going to be able to bang defensively against B1G PFs at 6-6/225, so he kept in the 240 range. There's no place for that style in the NBA, so he'll cut down to a true SF size.

Reactions: socaldave
If RU had a chance to go far in the tournament next year would Ron have been more likely to stay put one more year ?
Every high-level program has players leave early most years, and the answer is always the same. The players can improve their own abilities more as professionals, and its time to get paid...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT