ADVERTISEMENT

Rock fight

I told someone before the game that to beat this high scoring Iowa team, RU would have to turn this game into a rock fight. We couldn't put the ball in the ocean tonight but we completely took Iowa out of their game.
Absolutely stifling defense in every way. Made Iowa our bitches.

Reactions: knight82
I told someone before the game that to beat this high scoring Iowa team, RU would have to turn this game into a rock fight. We couldn't put the ball in the ocean tonight but we completely took Iowa out of their game.
Good call. We spent all of our energy on D. Great that RHJ still had gas in the tank down the stretch. Nobody else on either team had any energy but him.

This expression gets thrown around way too much and to me its a weak one. Close games or tenacious man to man situations are now just one term. Sseems like users think theyre tough talking and hip. Really would like to see this way too often used phrase recede.

Reactions: Unionst
Maybe all the effort put forth on defense affected the offense. But we had to
This!! Our players are human. They only have so much energy and effort to give. They gave so much on the defensive side.

When is the last time you saw TWO players from the same team go down hard with late game cramps?

This expression gets thrown around way too much and to me its a weak one. Close games or tenacious man to man situations are now just one term. Sseems like users think theyre tough talking and hip. Really would like to see this way too often used phrase recede.

Is the term not politically correct because it offends rocks?
I watched/listened to the press conference and one of the reporters asked something to the effect if Pikiell likes playing slobberknockers. I wonder how many reporters grinned at that term...

This is true, and I would say the same for Iowa. They appeared to crank up their D a notch or two as well, and I think it cost them on the offensive side. In other words, they tried to play our game, and lost.
When you think about it like that it would have been a brutal loss. Losing to Iowa in a defensive battle bc they got one more stop.

If we lose to Iowa, let it be a shoot out. Under 50 and that's gotta be a Rutgers W

It's not a political correctness issue at all. It's just a dumb expression and exposes the person saying as a wanna be cool lingo person. Sarge on those podcasts says it every 5 minutes. It's like someone just dropped this cool new expression he and others heard and want to spice up their talk. It's embarrassing actually.

This is a rock fight, thats a rock fight..... Every game where defense is played is a rock fight? A basketball game is evidently the same as a football game -all rock fights. Whats a wrestling match then by nature--a rock fight? Close womans soccer game-a rock fight. Close womans vball game with blocks--a rock fight. On and on recently now to the absurd level. lt exposes those that use it as tools- to me anyway.

On another note, hats off to the Iowa paper for its headline “New Jersey grinder leaves a bad taste in Hawkeye’s mouths.” Headline writing is a lost art.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT