ADVERTISEMENT

RU- Mich 2014 on now...Refs

Lots of bad passes as well. He was barely over 50 % in the best game of his career. NFL talent in Carroo, Burton and Kroft. Patton, Turzilli and Grant were no slouches either. Michigan should have never been in a position to win that game.

Flood's refusal to pull Nova in many games cost him his head coaching career. Kent State, PSU and Va Tech all stand out as were there for the taking. Beat PSU and win another bowl game against Va Tech... who knows?

Even Flood's best defensive game, Cincy? Nova almost gave the game away with awful interceptions. I think we are just so shell shocked as Ash was a complete and utter disaster and had nobody at QB for three years and our best QB in a Spring game, Flacco. was ignored.

My son and I will never forget one of Gary Nova’s best games. It was at Arkansas in 2012. I think he had 5 TDs and we dominated. The Rutgers section was LOUD all game.

From that away trip alone we met Wheezer, Patrick, Piscataway Mike and his brother, and a few other Rutgers friends that we hang with before home football and at the Rutgers Club pre-hoops games. Arkansas 2012 was such an awesome trip.

Last edited:
Soo.. you cannot picture underthrown long balls to Carro where he held up, outfought the defenders, pulled in the catch then beat the defenders for a TD or a huge gain? That seemed to happen every game. sure there were also long passes hitting guys in stride.. and Nova had good games too (like both Arkansas games).. but he also threw INTs from a nearly horizontal position.

There was a reason Nova was a controversial figure at QB. He was not as good as you make him out to be. G-RUnit summed it up pretty well.
Gary,unfortunately, was like the little Girl with the curl on her forehead. When he was Good he was Very good,but when he was BAD he was Horrid.How he was handled was equally so..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT