ADVERTISEMENT

RU MLax Was 8th Nationally In Average Attendance In Past 5 Years

Yea the weather thing kills us. We are top 5 dealing with a NE Feb and March.

RU does well. The team that gets truly crushed is Cornell. Will be interesting to see a result for Yale when they have 5 seasons with a indoor option.

Yea the weather thing kills us. We are top 5 dealing with a NE Feb and March.
There's zero doubt in my mind that RU would be Top 5 nationally in attendance every year with a March-June season. We average like 4-5K a game from St. Patrick's Day on which is better than anyone not named Cuse, Maryland, or Hopkins.

Reactions: Caliknight
There's zero doubt in my mind that RU would be Top 5 nationally in attendance every year with a March-June season. We average like 4-5K a game from St. Patrick's Day on which is better than anyone not named Cuse, Maryland, or Hopkins.
Move the season back and move us into a lax only facility and we’d be top 5 with our eyes closed, probably higher

Reactions: bigmatt718
Move the season back and move us into a lax only facility and we’d be top 5 with our eyes closed, probably higher

Eyes closed? Doubtfull. The same season calendar would apply to Hop, Md., Cuse (assuming a better team than the last year or two), UVA, Duke, UNC, and Cornell. Notre Dame, Georgetown and Loyola might enter the picture. Again, RU attendence is solid but not in a class by itself.

Eyes closed? Doubtfull. The same season calendar would apply to Hop, Md., Cuse (assuming a better team than the last year or two), UVA, Duke, UNC, and Cornell. Notre Dame, Georgetown and Loyola might enter the picture. Again, RU attendence is solid but not in a class by itself.
Cuse plays indoors now so whatever they’re averaging won’t move much if at all

Hop & MD id assume would eclipse us

UVA, UNC & Duke have better weather and lax only facilities right now (meaning they don’t play in fb stadiums), so that could be a wash

Georgetown - possibly

Loyala is intersting - they might eclipse us

ND & Cornell are still too cold

RU does well. The team that gets truly crushed is Cornell. Will be interesting to see a result for Yale when they have 5 seasons with a indoor option.

Cornell is building a new indoor facility that will be ready for the 2026 season. They are going to play men’s and women’s lacrosse games in it but I’m not sure what the capacity is

Reactions: bigmatt718
Cuse plays indoors now so whatever they’re averaging won’t move much if at all

Hop & MD id assume would eclipse us

UVA, UNC & Duke have better weather and lax only facilities right now (meaning they don’t play in fb stadiums), so that could be a wash

Georgetown - possibly

Loyala is intersting - they might eclipse us

ND & Cornell are still too cold

A Top 10 Syracuse team used to put 8-10,000 in the Dome for UVA, Duke or Cornell. April Cornell games are a different world than February. Same for Notre Dame.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Cornell is building a new indoor facility that will be ready for the 2026 season. They are going to play men’s and women’s lacrosse games in it but I’m not sure what the capacity is

Dartmouth's opened this year. Now they have to develop a team that's competitive

A Top 10 Syracuse team used to put 8-10,000 in the Dome for UVA, Duke or Cornell. April Cornell games are a different world than February. Same for Notre Dame.
Will they be top 10 again, though that is the question

Understood regarding April games Notre Dame, and Cornell, but it is still dramatically warmer here than it is there in April

Dartmouth's opened this year. Now they have to develop a team that's competitive
Hope they can. Gotta be a challenge convincing kids to spend 4 years in middle of nowhere New Hampshire unless they love skiing/snowboarding. I'd imagine it's far easier to convince players to go to basically every other Ivy.

Hope they can. Gotta be a challenge convincing kids to spend 4 years in middle of nowhere New Hampshire unless they love skiing/snowboarding. I'd imagine it's far easier to convince players to go to basically every other Ivy.
I prefer the country vibe of Dartmouth to the city vibe of Penn, Columbia or Yale

I’m not sure where Dartmouth ranks in comparison to those three academic wise (obviously below Wharton for their business school) but campus & town wise, I definitely prefer Dartmouth

I prefer the country vibe of Dartmouth to the city vibe of Penn, Columbia or Yale

I’m not sure where Dartmouth ranks in comparison to those three academic wise (obviously below Wharton for their business school) but campus & town wise, I definitely prefer Dartmouth
]

Actually USNWR has the Tuck MBA program ranked #6, But it and Dartmouth Med are the only serious grad programs. It's much more an undergrad school than all the other Ivies, but the undergrad programs are on par with any of those schools. And Hanover is somewhat more developed than Siberia. Not the school for a hard core city kid, but there are a lot of recruits who aren't. And each undergrad spends soph summer in Hanover, taking a leave term sometime in their remaining 2 years. And if you enjoy spending time outside in the summer, Hanover beats the hell out of any other Ivy campus.

Besides the weather, the problem for lax was lack of support from both the administration and AD. Current AD entering year 2 is pro lacrosse and the new college president in her youth played on an Olympic development soccer team and is pro sports. Add in the new coach and facility and there's hope

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT