ADVERTISEMENT

RU-Northwestern - noon on Sunday (yes, Sunday) Sept. 3 on CBS

Well, there's something you certainly don't see every day. Sunday at 12pm on Labor Day weekend that'll get the crowds fired up. SMH. I can't see anyone changing their beach plans or parties for this obscure day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Shift
Well, there's something you certainly don't see every day. Sunday at 12pm on Labor Day weekend that'll get the crowds fired up. SMH. I can't see anyone changing their beach plans or parties for this obscure day.
@RU4Real will you be having a morning church service at your tailgate?

The Boardwalk better have a water slide and a dunk tank.

@RU848789 , is it too early for a weather report? Safe to say it will be hot?
I'm just happy it's not on 9/1, which is our anniversary and my wife's sister's wedding. With regard to the weather, I'd expect the gameday forecast to be light and continued light until the evening, when there will be widely scattered darkness developing. In case you were even slightly serious, the avg high/low on 9/3 in P'way is 80/63F - will be rooting for cooler than normal, but warmer than normal can get quite hot then.

Last edited:
@RU4Real will you be having a morning church service at your tailgate?

The Boardwalk better have a water slide and a dunk tank.
Dude, I'm either buying a burka or the gallon size sunscreen for my wife. We're going to be oven stuffer roasters out there on seat configured aluminum trays. 😁

Last edited:
FYI the website still has it listed for saturday 9/2. I never put much stock in tweets that cite unnamed sources. It may very well be true, but I'm not making plans one way or another until it's announced for real.

• Haha
Reactions: Leonard23
Hate to say it, but the decision was probably based on projected TV ratings. In particular, nobody on the West Coast would be interested so it fills the 9AM PDT slot.

Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
FYI the website still has it listed for saturday 9/2. I never put much stock in tweets that cite unnamed sources. It may very well be true, but I'm not making plans one way or another until it's announced for real.
I'm not sure how much in the way of plans you were going to make in the next two hours or so but it will be announced this afternoon.

CBS had other B1G games to choose from. They chose this one.

Exactly. I don’t see why the Sunday thing is such a big deal. Monday is not a work day, and there are no NFL games on that Sunday. It will literally be the only sports event going on at that time and it’s on CBS. Some people go to the beach but it’s more of a BBQ weekend which means folks can have the game on in the background. Maybe attendance is a little worse Sun vs Sat but in all honesty your either going away for the weekend or not. And you could otherwise have plans either Saturday or Sunday. What’s the difference which day it is outside of the weather which is a crap shoot?

Exactly. I don’t see why the Sunday thing is such a big deal. Monday is not a work day, and there are no NFL games on that Sunday. It will literally be the only sports event going on at that time and it’s on CBS. Some people go to the beach but it’s more of a BBQ weekend which means folks can have the game on in the background. Maybe attendance is a little worse Sun vs Sat
I think those that are bitching actually go to the games not sit at home and watch. If I did that I could careless it was on at 8pm Monday. Me, I go and I would prefer a Friday night game or any other time and date than Sunday at 12pm.

Reactions: kupuna133
I think those that are bitching actually go to the games not sit at home and watch. If I did that I could careless it was on at 8pm Monday. Me, I go and I would prefer a Friday night game or any other time and date than Sunday at 12pm.

But realistically - the Saturday 12 pm slot was where this game was most likely to be slotted if not instead designated for CBS. What’s the difference Labor Day weekend Saturday at 12 vs. Sunday at 12?

I personally like it, I get to watch all the games on Saturday then go to the game Sunday.
No matter what day or time Labor Day Weekend (LDW) some would bitch. I'm happy for those that already have their LDW Friday night through Monday fully booked and set in stone 3 months ahead of time. Good for you. Meanwhile I'm still trying to decide what to have for dinner tonight.

It is what it is. Crappy time. But beats some of the old opening games. Labor Day home games at night . 1030 pm Thursday night on the road.

Just win baby .

Schedule makers are doing you no favors. Tough opening with a conference game then followed with a short week with a trap game. One less day to work out the kinks that you find after the first game.
To top it off, facing a possible Heisman contender the following week.

It is what it is. Crappy time. But beats some of the old opening games. Labor Day home games at night . 1030 pm Thursday night on the road.

Just win baby .
I don't remember a Labor Day home game at night. I think they were both 4 p.m. starts, but you didn't wind up getting out of there until later.

Reactions: Local Shill
I don't remember a Labor Day home game at night. I think they were both 4 p.m. starts, but you didn't wind up getting out of there until later.
Yeah you’re right they were 4 pm. Memory hazy, but both were beatdowns

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT