ADVERTISEMENT

RU-Northwestern - noon on Sunday (yes, Sunday) Sept. 3 on CBS

More importantly is because it was already scheduled and no, I'm an emergency physician and I'm not going to be able to make changes. My wife is a prosecutor on call and also isn't going to be able to make changes

Have you ever worked shifts? Tried switching a weekend or a holiday weekend? No one is going to do that

LOL a "Prosecutor"? I'll bet she can free up some time. Especially if the honorable wife works in NJ.

No it doesn't. Yes, more people work Saturdays than Sundays. But when someone in the medical field has been scheduled to be on call or on duty on a holiday weekend Sunday and then the old switcheroo gets pulled the chances of changing the schedule are remote at best. It's not Saturday vs. Sunday, it's the CHANGE !!!
A game date was never announced dude. The game is 3 months away, There are always going to be specific dates that are more convenient for some people than others and vice versus. It’s simply not the case that a Sunday game is less convenient than a Saturday game (generally speaking) due to more people having work conflicts. That was the only point here. Of course the announced date isn’t going to work for every single Rutgers fan.

For at Tulane game in 2012 .
I think the army game at Yankee stadium in 2011.

It’s the best music in sports . CBS even plays it for uconn football games!
Both those games were on CBS College Sports Network. This will be the first time at least in my memory Rutgers is on the CBS OTA channel.

Because the sun always burns hotter and brighter on Sundays than on Saturdays?

In the B1G, noon is prime time. I thought we all knew and accepted that.
I never accepted the Noon Prime Time nonsense especially in the boiling heat. A night game is more prime time just as the SEC relishes. Plus the Sunday Noon game conflicts with the Sunday Mets - Mariners / Jared Kelenic return series. No conflict with Mets if game was at Saturday at noon.

I never accepted the Noon Prime Time nonsense especially in the boiling heat. A night game is more prime time just as the SEC relishes. Plus the Sunday Noon game conflicts with the Sunday Mets - Mariners / Jared Kelenic return series. No conflict with Mets if game was at Saturday at noon.
There's 162 baseball games. Assuming you're a bigger Rutgers fan than Mets fan, this shouldn't even be a discussion.

Posted this on premium...

I can't see more than 30k in the house
Literally the worst day/time we could have hoped for

Have to hope we go out there and take it to them, put up some points and win in impressive fashion

If so, the momentum and excitement from week 1 could spill over into week 2, with a night game and the students fired up from week 1. Casual fans could take notice and we get a decent walk up crowd

Now week 3 is where it gets interesting, especially if we win both games and are impressive in doing so. VT, brand name, 33:30 start... I'd have to imagine the place will be rocking from the jump

Quite possibly are biggest / loudest home game since OSU a few years ago

Guess I'll be watching at the bar in downtown Orlando. Rocking Rutgers gear head to toe, go back to hotel and change, head to the nightcap

Looks like a long day of football and drinking in the Magic City

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
Guess I'll be watching at the bar in downtown Orlando. Rocking Rutgers gear head to toe, go back to hotel and change, head to the nightcap

Looks like a long day of football and drinking in the Magic City
A nooner when I was in Vegas was a bitch. At least nearly all bars are open all day.
I usually just operate on east coast time when there anyway. Actual time of day really doesn't matter.

A nooner when I was in Vegas was a bitch. At least nearly all bars are open all day.
I usually just operate on east coast time when there anyway. Actual time of day really doesn't matter.
Yeah after the Saturday night festivities, I imagine it'll be tough to regroup that early
O starts lighting it up early with a couple TD's and hopefully I'll perk up lol

Reactions: MoreCowbellRU
Posted this on premium...

I can't see more than 30k in the house
Literally the worst day/time we could have hoped for

Have to hope we go out there and take it to them, put up some points and win in impressive fashion

If so, the momentum and excitement from week 1 could spill over into week 2, with a night game and the students fired up from week 1. Casual fans could take notice and we get a decent walk up crowd

Now week 3 is where it gets interesting, especially if we win both games and are impressive in doing so. VT, brand name, 33:30 start... I'd have to imagine the place will be rocking from the jump

Quite possibly are biggest / loudest home game since OSU a few years ago

I’ll take the over (On the 30k). We had a sellout on 9/4/2021 (Labor day weekend Saturday noon game) against Temple. Now, there was a lot of hype as we were coming back from a year off (COVID), but we always draw well for our first game. Somehow we got somewhere near 50,000 on a noon game on a holiday weekend game……and yes, we had people complain about the day and time of the game back then because it messed up their holiday weekend.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I’ll take the over (On the 30k). We had a sellout on 9/4/2021 (Labor day weekend Saturday noon game) against Temple. Now, there was a lot of hype as we were coming back from a year off (COVID), but we always draw well for our first game. Somehow we got somewhere near 50,000 on a noon game on a holiday weekend game……and yes, we had people complain about the day and time of the game back then because it messed up their holiday weekend.
I hope I’m wrong and we get 50k

Although that year was an anomaly coming off Covid, GS coming back, more hype to the program and the game being on a Saturday versus a Sunday

Still think we should try to lock down one of the night spots on Thursday or Friday like Minnesota has appeared to do

Most schools will be open and you will get mail. That's not a 3 day weekend for most people.
It's a federal holiday no mail. Banks and brokerages closed. Paid day off as I work for brokerage.

Because the sun always burns hotter and brighter on Sundays than on Saturdays?

In the B1G, noon is prime time. I thought we all knew and accepted that.

Nobody is going to be outside at noon that day except fans at the game.

Everyone else in the state will be safely inside apparently hiding from the sun.

Jared Kelenic? That's appointment tv?
People reacted like the Mets traded Mike Trout.

How many fans are skipping the Rutgers game to attend the Mets game?

Also, Saturday at noon is still "boiling heat". Should be Sat night.
But then that also conflicts with seeing the fabled Kelenic!!!
Shit. Rutgers should just cancel the game outright. Nobody would be able to attend any time.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Whata crock- Game day and time and broadcast channel on Labor Day weekend is completely irrelevant. Whatever the date/time is selected ,RU fans will whine and gripe and find everything wrong with it. Whatever the date/ time is selected for game time, RU fans won't show up. B1G 10 schedulers have it easy when it comes to Rutgers- it doesn't matter.

Whata crock- Game day and time and broadcast channel on Labor Day weekend is completely irrelevant. Whatever the date/time is selected ,RU fans will whine and gripe and find everything wrong with it. Whatever the date/ time is selected for game time, RU fans won't show up. B1G 10 schedulers have it easy when it comes to Rutgers- it doesn't matter.

To be fair, this is the first year CFB has started on Labor Day weekend. Fans are caught off guard and unprepared.

Sassy Red Wine GIF by Married At First Sight

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Hope they do the boats and hoes thing again.

23336626-standard.jpg

DIrUMY_VwAAtXQc.jpg

w640xh480_rutgers.jpg

Hate to say it, but the decision was probably based on projected TV ratings. In particular, nobody on the West Coast would be interested so it fills the 9AM PDT slot.
Very few on the East Coast will be interested either; all interested people will be in the stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT