ADVERTISEMENT

RU-Northwestern - noon on Sunday (yes, Sunday) Sept. 3 on CBS

Damn wish it was Labor Day, could’ve caught an early flight home to catch it

Oh well - still a must win if we hope to go bowling

Reactions: megadrone
Thank God the next two games are afternoon/evening.

12:00pm start times that time of year has resulted in people literally passing out at the game from the heat in past years.

What a bunch of crybabies. Anytime Labor Day weekend will impact someone’s plans, deal with it. I personally would like a later game, but in the end, any day/any time works for me. We only have 6 or 7 dates a year….make it work.

What a bunch of crybabies. Anytime Labor Day weekend will impact someone’s plans, deal with it. I personally would like a later game, but in the end, any day/any time works for me. We only have 6 or 7 dates a year….make it work.
you must be new, our fans literally suck and whine like a bunch of staten island yabos living in marlboro

and they do it 24/7

Yo, man up and get your tail to the game….I expect an invite for a single malt at your tailgate in the Blue lot.

Dude! Do you think I won't represent? And don't be comin' around with any of that Fireball stuff, I'll have the real thing!

Reactions: RU in IM
What sucks is that people made arrangements for work based upon a Saturday game and because of money and tv, this changes and now can't go

What sucks is that people made arrangements for work based upon a Saturday game and because of money and tv, this changes and now can't go

This seems like a stretch. If you took a poll, how many people in NJ do you think A) typically work on Sundays AND B) assuming A is true, could not easily adjust their work schedule given over 3 months notice to be able to attend this game if they wanted.

It’s a holiday weekend - any business travel will be at a minimum. Yes - people will be away on weekend trips but that would’ve been the case Saturday too and will impact week 1 attendance at college games everywhere - not just Rutgers.

This seems like a stretch. If you took a poll, how many people in NJ do you think A) typically work on Sundays AND B) assuming A is true, could not easily adjust their work schedule given over 3 months notice to be able to attend this game if they wanted.

It’s a holiday weekend - any business travel will be at a minimum. Yes - people will be away on weekend trips but that would’ve been the case Saturday too and will impact week 1 attendance at college games everywhere - not just Rutgers.
Yeah, seems like a stretch...

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
I'm not sure how much in the way of plans you were going to make in the next two hours or so but it will be announced this afternoon.
Alright well now that it is has been announced, I have it in my calendar. I love the people laughing at my post as if I'm some sort of lunatic for not putting 100% stock in a tweet with an anonymous source until it is officially announced.

More importantly is because it was already scheduled and no, I'm an emergency physician and I'm not going to be able to make changes. My wife is a prosecutor on call and also isn't going to be able to make changes

Have you ever worked shifts? Tried switching a weekend or a holiday weekend? No one is going to do that

Reactions: rurichdog

Well, I work Sundays and I also have a wedding to attend the following weekend that I was going to bag the game and request that Sunday off as well to recover. That won't fly so now I have to make some hard choices.

Reactions: joshtb86
Well, I work Sundays and I also have a wedding to attend the following weekend that I was going to bag the game and request that Sunday off as well to recover. That won't fly so now I have to make some hard choices.
I’m sorry for you, but the point still holds. I am quite certain that far more people work Saturdays than Sundays.

Reactions: RU in IM
I’m sorry for you, but the point still holds. I am quite certain that far more people work Saturdays than Sundays.

No it doesn't. Yes, more people work Saturdays than Sundays. But when someone in the medical field has been scheduled to be on call or on duty on a holiday weekend Sunday and then the old switcheroo gets pulled the chances of changing the schedule are remote at best. It's not Saturday vs. Sunday, it's the CHANGE !!!

Reactions: joshtb86
No alcohol allowed in the lots before the game - Sunday restrictions.
They won't be able to sell alcohol until after noon. It happened on a Sunday at the RAC earlier this year...

Due to a Piscataway Township Alcoholic Beverage Control policy, the sales of alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Sunday between 2 a.m. and 12 p.m. For today's game, alcohol sales will not begin until tip off, while alcohol service in hospitality areas will begin at the start of halftime.

They won't be able to sell alcohol until after noon. It happened on a Sunday at the RAC earlier this year...

Due to a Piscataway Township Alcoholic Beverage Control policy, the sales of alcoholic beverages are not permitted on Sunday between 2 a.m. and 12 p.m. For today's game, alcohol sales will not begin until tip off, while alcohol service in hospitality areas will begin at the start of halftime.
And…..bars in New Brunswick cannot open before kickoff!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT