ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 8/29-9/2 Thurs-Mon

As I said awhile back, pro teams miss often despite all the money they put into scouting and drafting and the like, how can you expect colleges to be as proficient.

This was the 2nd time I was rooting for BC. The first time was when they were playing ND in the Meadowlands with Mike Mamula. BC has a good team this year with Bill O'Brien.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Just came back from Boston. Nephew plays and starts for a famous HS up there. They thought BC sucked and they made FSU look like a middle school team. Too funny.

Rough one last night
Mike needs to fix things

DJ has been bad
As have both lines

Fun times driving down to Tampa with a monster headache !!

Third time I’ve asked, you have a chance to make it out to the opener vs Howard?

Beautiful evening
Cheap tix
No random birthday parties

Do tell
You already have been given the answer multiple times but you don't pay attention. It's always all about you.
Hope you enjoyed the game last night, I sure did! 😜

You already have been given the answer multiple times but you don't pay attention. It's always all about you.
Hope you enjoyed the game last night, I sure did! 😜
Tailgate was good
Also fun to get invited into the box

Game itself wasn’t good, but the top shelf liquor open bar and carving stations helped us get through it

In fairness, the stadium is undergoing renovations and huge sections are blocked off/have no seats.
Ahhh that explains it, was wondering if that was the reason.

At one point the camera panned up and there was, as you said, entire empty sections.

It’s paywall but the RU blurb

From the article:

8. Rutgers will finish in the top six of the Big Ten, ahead of both Michigan and USC. — Andy S.

Either Andy is a Rutgers fan, or the Scarlet Knights’ 44-7 win against Howard was just that impressive. Athan Kaliakmanis is no Miller Moss, but he did throw three touchdowns in his Rutgers debut. Kyle Monangai (19 carries, 165 yards, one touchdown) is one of the best running backs in the Big Ten, and the Scarlet Knights are stout on defense. Though the final score looks impressive, Rutgers led 14-7 late in the first half and padded its margin with two late touchdowns in the fourth quarter. As overreactions go, picking Rutgers ahead of Michigan and USC based on that performance is a big one.

This take says as much about USC and Michigan as it does about Rutgers. Andy is going against the grain with the Trojans, who looked like a CFP contender in their win against LSU. Picking Michigan to finish in the middle of the pack is one of those classic Week 1 overreactions that could end up coming true. If any of the frontrunners falter, Rutgers is a team that could benefit, in part because of its schedule. The Scarlet Knights don’t play Ohio State, Oregon, Penn State, Iowa or Michigan. — Meek

It's funny, I have had no opinion about FSU since Bobby Bowden left. However, recently I've been routing hard for them to fall on their face! (Already successful with that wish!😁)
Geeze I wonder why that is?? 🤔
I always tell people, when rooting against the Noles, get it in while they can
Right now, they suck
No 2 ways about it

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT