ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 8/29-9/2 Thurs-Mon

ESPN keeps rolling that SEC news at the bottom about four SEC teams beating cupcake opponents by 60+ points.

I doubt we’ll see one tomorrow about how the SEC had two huge OOC matchups this weekend and lost both.
They won the Vandy - ACC Champion... 😉

• Haha
Reactions: koleszar
ESPN keeps rolling that SEC news at the bottom about four SEC teams beating cupcake opponents by 60+ points.

I doubt we’ll see one tomorrow about how the SEC had two huge OOC matchups this weekend and lost both.
Don't forget Vandy taking down the ACC xhampnin waiting!

Miller Moss - 8th ranked 4* Pro Style (Rivals).
If he came to RU he would be throwing 7 yd flat routes and dump-offs
Come On Please GIF by NBA

I hate the entire SEC, so I'm happy to see USC win. Was wondering if LSU let USC score at the end, so they could get 2 plays and try to score a TD vs. letting the clock run out on plays and a FG and losing that way.
If so, which I doubt, that is a horrible decision. Ball was on the 13. The correct play for LSU would be to stuff USC right there and force the 31 yard FG. That is MUCH higher percentage than going 75 yards in two plays, maybe only one play.

In other news, Brian Kelley remains a total dick.

After the game he said they lost because “USC’s quarterback outplayed our quarterback”.

Moss played great, but Nussmeier at 29-38 for 300+ yards was not the problem.

Maybe Kelley should spend less time looking angry/lost on the sidelines and more time instilling discipline in his players so they don’t take multiple unnecessary unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

If so, which I doubt, that is a horrible decision. Ball was on the 13. The correct play for LSU would be to stuff USC right there and force the 31 yard FG. That is MUCH higher percentage than going 75 yards in two plays, maybe only one play.
Plus the kicker had missed a 29yd FG earlier so who knows, the pressure of the moment could have gotten him again.

After the game he said they lost because “USC’s quarterback outplayed our quarterback”.

Maybe Kelley should spend less time looking angry/lost on the sidelines and more time instilling discipline in his players so they don’t take multiple unnecessary unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.
Perhaps Kelly should have stated that the USC defense, especially the DBs out played his D. Not many chunck plays allowed by USC.

Last edited:
Imagine if we go out to USC with one loss and they are undefeated. What a huge game that is relegated to 11 pm on a Friday night.
Probably after a rain out or the World Series game !

Another team where the lights turned on during the game, some happened at halftime. I’m sure we might see some more going from week 1 to week 2.

Not a player’s coach. A real dick. Not sure why anybody would want to play for him.

Not a player’s coach. A real dick. Not sure why anybody would want to play for him.
He said in the press conference that LSU didn’t have the killer instinct last night.

As people have pointed out on the internet, we already know that Kelley has it.

Imagine if we go out to USC with one loss and they are undefeated. What a huge game that is relegated to 11 pm on a Friday night.
Probably after a rain out or the World Series game !
I need you to chop the moment and FOCUS on being 1-0, Plum. Can you do that for the program?

• Haha
Reactions: Knight Shift
1st qtr went by fast even thought we had no idea of the time while the clock in the stadium has issues. BC game plane seems like GT. Only a 3 and out for FSU and BC has had the ball otherwise. Knocking on the door at the FSU 5

Even if FSU wins this, they should not be in the Top 25. They're getting pushed around by a so-so BC team. They're in it solely by the accomplishments of ghosts from football's past.
This is FSU’s game two so there should be some improvement but don’t see it through 1 qtr. This is BC’s first game and I see less issues from them than FSU. Still early but BC is eating up that clock.

1st qtr went by fast even thought we had no idea of the time while the clock in the stadium has issues. BC game plane seems like GT. Only a 3 and out for FSU and BC has had the ball otherwise. Knocking on the door at the FSU 5
I wonder how much money that Dline cost FSU in NIL money? They brought in a bunch of transfers and they aren't even worth a pack of chewing gum.

The script is out on how to beat FSU. Run the ball and blitzed the QB. The Oline can't hold up and the QB can't make a quick accurate decision down the field.

Looks like the ACC doesn’t have any good teams.
I think Miami could be. The coordinators are solid, Cristobal I trust less. Cam Ward can be a potential difference maker for them with the talent they’ve amassed this year. But we have to see over the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT