ADVERTISEMENT

OT: NCAA College Football Games Thread 8/29-9/2 Thurs-Mon

LSU USC kind of mirror images of each other. Strong offenses and poor defenses last year. Both new qbs and new DCs.

Wtf with Herbsteit and his dog on the set? What is he 12 years old?
I saw that last year, it’s some sort of “support dog” (not sure it’s exactly that) that travels with him, including road trips. I think he’s just taking advantage of the perks of being a top CFB asset for them.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Ah, the Michigan shift is now a point of emphasis this season. Greg was complaining to the refs about this last year. LSU just got nabbed for it.

That is an unreal catch by Hudson. Well upon review if it stands. It's early but USC looks improved on D and starting to look like a near impossible task for a B1G at midnight game.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
Oh wow what a catch and in double coverage too…don’t know if it’ll hold up but impressive effort

Reactions: koleszar
Yeah, just edited my post, it's early but that D looks legit now. Now I watched UCLA last night and O boy that one just got easier.
It looks at least average right now and that’s probably good enough, anything more is a bonus. It doesn’t seem like the putrid Swiss cheese of the last few years.

Lynn did a one year turnaround of UCLA’s defense last year so it’s possible they’ve done a 180…time will tell.

And LSU answers…nice drive by GN. Both QBs have looked pretty poised thus far.

7-7

Lot of soft coverage by USC and LSU taking advantage. Pass defense seems eh…that’s why I say they look at least average and definitely more physical but won’t say much beyond that.

LSU seems like a good test for it though to measure just how much improvement.

Reactions: koleszar
USC lucky to get that fumble back. Was thinking just getting a FG would be a win for USC given how far they got pushed back but they got back to the 4. Oh well back to that FG, LSU held them.

10-7 USC

We're going to get shredded by this passing attack. Even though they're getting pressure the ball is out quick.

At least their kicker sucks.

Reactions: rutgersguy1
We're going to get shredded by this passing attack. Even though they're getting pressure the ball is out quick.
Yea Moss is playing well while being pressured. GN has been playing well too but don’t think he’s faced as much pressure.

Nice job by USC to get a chippy FGA with about a min left.

Oh my god and he missed it lol..29yds

Good point, quite a few seconds ticked off before a timeout was called

Quick OT question, do you know the band Rival Sons? Going to see them Friday as co-headliners with Clutch. Solid guitar driven rock band.
Yes, I have a few of their albums and like them. I think the singer ( I think his name is Jay Buchanan) is very good and the musicians are solid. I’ve never seen them live. Enjoy the concert, let me know how they sound!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT