ADVERTISEMENT

RU Opens -6.5 vs Stony Brook

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Seems like a big line considering we only beat SB by 1 last year but then again we only beat Marist by 3 last year and completely obliterated them this year so who knows. Advantage is clearly ours as we will be playing our 2nd game and can iron out what little mistakes we made on Opening Day.

I know we scored 17 on him and our poor defense was the story that game but we could have had 25 that day. He was on fire. I think that was a big reason we recruited him.

Don't know much about Stony Brook other than that was our worst game of the year last year. They had a nice year at 9-5. I don't know where they are predicted to finish their conference but if we are playing them, the staff believes they are going to compete in their conference. The staff puts a lot of effort in the schedule and playing teams that won't hurt our analytics. We learned lessons from those near miss years. Work on your RPI. Now those same people are saying RPI shouldn't matter as much when ND and Duke missed the tourney last year lol.

Game is at home. We didn't put much on tape last week other than we have multiple guys that can hurt you in addition to the already knowns.

Found this about SB who moved from the America East conference to the CAA, which is starting to be a pretty good conference. Based on this alone I am expecting this to be a tougher test than last week. I do know their attackman Dylan Paloentti the Maryland transfer is very good. He had a good day against Russo last year. I am sure he wants to right that ship.

"Delaware found consistency and won the CAA and then knocked off the No.2 Hoyas on Sunday night of the first round of the NCAA Tournament. This was a strong and balanced league in 2022 with each of the teams finishing 3-2 or 2-3 in conference play. Stony Brook comes from the America East. The Sea Wolves were kept out of postseason play due to switching conferences in 2022. They pose the biggest threat to the Blue Hens repeating as CAA champions in 2023."

Don't know much about Stony Brook other than that was our worst game of the year last year. They had a nice year at 9-5. I don't know where they are predicted to finish their conference but if we are playing them, the staff believes they are going to compete in their conference. The staff puts a lot of effort in the schedule and playing teams that won't hurt our analytics. We learned lessons from those near miss years. Work on your RPI. Now those same people are saying RPI shouldn't matter as much when ND and Duke missed the tourney last year lol.

Game is at home. We didn't put much on tape last week other than we have multiple guys that can hurt you in addition to the already knowns.

Played Brown close and beat Dartmouth by a goal last year. A probable win that's not a RPI negative.

Reactions: Caliknight
Yea, they had a nice year. The only team that I think underperformed last year based on projections was LIU. Notice how they aren't on the schedule anymore.

Should be a stiffer test than Marist. They definitely have better players.

Yea, they had a nice year. The only team that I think underperformed last year based on projections was LIU. Notice how they aren't on the schedule anymore.

Wonder if the Ivy will be a complete meat grinder like last year where they put everyone minus Dartmouth in the Dance. Yale, Princeton, Penn and Cornell are all outstanding teams and Brown/Harvard are solid as well. Wonder if Dartmouth has closed the gap on any of them.

I think Harvard will take a big jump. Princeton is loaded. Yale is posturing for another run. Penn will be good too. Cornell has FF or bust aspirations. It's going to be very good again.

Interesting is the Ivy League has made a blanket agreement. No NIL. It's going to be interesting to see how that plays out in the future.

I am hearing some crazy stories around NIL.

Reactions: bigmatt718

Yeah we upgraded with UMass and Utah.

Umass game is going to be tough. There is no tougher place to play in the country than that pit.

I'm sure you can't do it anymore but they used to have kegs on the hill and the entire crowd was sideways.

Wonder if the Ivy will be a complete meat grinder like last year where they put everyone minus Dartmouth in the Dance. Yale, Princeton, Penn and Cornell are all outstanding teams and Brown/Harvard are solid as well. Wonder if Dartmouth has closed the gap on any of them.

Everybody but Dartmouth had a banner recruiting year. Harvard's incoming class is almost as good as last year's banner crop. Dartmouth had a Patriot League caliber class and once again the top recruit was a LSM. They may not have a Rall, but that one position is as deep as almost any D1 team . Rizzotti will probably be out of position again at close D. You don't win in the Big 3 with Patriot League talent but your OOC record can be good. They do have 3 4 stars in the '23 class.

I think Harvard will take a big jump. Princeton is loaded. Yale is posturing for another run. Penn will be good too. Cornell has FF or bust aspirations. It's going to be very good again.

Interesting is the Ivy League has made a blanket agreement. No NIL. It's going to be interesting to see how that plays out in the future.

I am hearing some crazy stories around NIL.
Wow I did not know that about no NIL. Should be interesting to see how that plays out.

Yea, I heard some very interesting things recently. We have work to do but it's becoming a priority for us.

I know we scored 17 on him and our poor defense was the story that game but we could have had 25 that day. He was on fire. I think that was a big reason we recruited him.
We were up 17-11 and in a good position and then we lost like 5 face offs in a row and our defense fell asleep a bit…and our offense stopped scoring

Reactions: Caliknight
All that and we still won. That was our worst game and when it told me this team has something special.

Reactions: mattkamish
SIAP but why did their 2 year starter in goal transfer here to be a backup? Did he just see an opportunity to compete with Kirst gone?

I’m sure that was pitch. Brian isn’t promising anything to anyone. Program is all about competition.

Also, these kids are students too. Getting a grad degree is from Rutgers is a big deal. Lacrosse is a big piece of it but it’s not the only thing.

Playing at this level is a big draw. The B1G means something. That said I bet we see him this year.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
One of the worst ref’d games I’ve ever seen. Highly unprofessional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT