ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Illinois Game Thread

We have trouble even dribbling the ball. Where did they find these guys?

Still believe in Pikiell. The program is getting smoked in the paint. Long season going forward. I would not be surprised if Omoyuri has the highest +_ out of any player on the team.

people can talk all they want about Mike's leadership and heart and no question he was a key cog, but production wise in scoring...he was not having a good year and had little impact for the offense.

lmaooo did u forget that when Corey has the ball with time running down Corey is not passing to Williams who would always wait for it to come back and doesnt, that offense has been figured out and this NBA talk needs to stop. When Corey would drive and dish to an open Williams his assist ratio was good, since green light to shoot with 10 secs or less, and Deshawn inability to swing the ball and Geo wanting to be FOY in B1G Williams shots has been limited. The leg injury gave Coach Pike an excuse to go with Issa or Geo to start and bring Williams off the bench.

82-39 with 8 minutes remaining.Illinois fans want 100 points .This could be the worse Rutgers loss of all time against a opponent that was ranked lower than them .

Reactions: higgins3
I think we had a lot of emotion through several games. We play everyone close and need these last second shots and it’s draining. As a fan I’m drained just watching them. You need more games where you just win by 10 or just lose by 10. Pikiell is intense and that’s good, but I wonder if he should have given the team more days off or something like that. Maybe a better team would be more suited to his styles which is why I’m curious to see where this recruiting goes.

As I said when Eddie was here if you don’t have the horses coaching makes no difference. And MANY MANY posters said “Eddie should win” even though he faced even more injuries than Pike is facing now. Is Pike a better coach than EJ? Sure. Does it make one bit of difference? NO. The only reason Pike has more wins is because the out of conference schedule is an absolute disgrace. Bottom line is we won’t win until we consistently recruit 4 Star players.

8QmIp.gif

I just remembered the game and came on here to check the score. How can this be possible?

Reactions: RUonBrain
shut it down...they will score over 100 tonight..let that sink in...the way they quit is inexcusable...Purdue up next, I remember under Jordan they gave us a beating at the RAC and I was out at half when it was like 50-20

Reactions: RocktheRac
this is true, this is probably our worst Big 10 loss ever given the competition...Even Jordan with that team with no depth took Illinois to 2 OTs two years ago

You remember losing at home to a terrible Nebraska team by 30 right? And losing by 50 at home to Purdue and by 60 to Louisville?

You remember losing at home to a terrible Nebraska team by 50 right?

I left that one early in the 2nd..those two games were the worst things I have ever witnessed..only other game I left before the last timeout was the infamous Uncle Bob speech to Nova game where they crushed us by like 28 in the Waters years.

but Nebbby wasnt that bad that year...they beat RU 3x...this Illinois team is going to finish 12 or 13th in league

I left that one early in the 2nd..those two games were the worst things I have ever witnessed..only other game I left before the last timeout was the infamous Uncle Bob speech to Nova game where they crushed us by like 28 in the Waters years.

but Nebbby wasnt that bad that year...they beat RU 3x...this Illinois team is going to finish 12 or 13th in league

They were 16-18 and 6-12 in league... so not great. Just saying there were worse and more embarrassing losses than this and I can't believe I have to even have this conversation.

Really eager for pitchers and catchers to report right about now ... and my team lost 98 games last year.

(I typed a lot more and then deleted it. No reason to face any backlash for my frustrations when I can get them out by the mere typing of the words and then NOT posting them.) :angry:

Reactions: RUonBrain
shut it down...they will score over 100 tonight..let that sink in...the way they quit is inexcusable...Purdue up next, I remember under Jordan they gave us a beating at the RAC and I was out at half when it was like 50-20
Purdue had more rebounds than Rutgers had points.Its was unacceptable than but even worse against Illinois tonight.

They were 16-18 and 6-12 in league... so not great. Just saying there were worse and more embarrassing losses than this and I can't believe I have to even have this conversation.

I do not know about that...I still stick by that this is the worst loss in the Big 10 given competition..sure Jordan lost by 50 to a bunch of teams but this was 1-8 Illinois

Reactions: jtung230
This is not the same team that played FL St, Mich. St.(twice), and a good Neb team that was a winnable game, let alone beat SHU. Very disappointing how ugly this season has turned.

Worse loss of Pikiell era for sure. Illini was not a great matchup surprisingly.

according to box....Doucoure didnt take one shot...if this is correct that is inexcusable in a game like tonight...where is the teaching.

Feel better? We got out coached. Face the facts. If Pike is legit, he pays them back at home.
Well say it that way the first time then. Not the please get Pikiell out of here immediately post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT