ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Northwestern 3PM 3/6/15 BTN

Husky you're a F*cking POS because you either read the thread and know we had severe injuries and f*cking bullSh8t happen to our team or yo're just a fkin ahole KYS

Originally posted by ScarletteK80:
I would love to know what CVS just said to that jackass coach.
Hopefully Julie watched this, and is on the horn to Dee Kantner pronto.
I hope so too.

Maybe CVS said, "Nice job McKweon. Way to whine to the officials and get your way. Your team still isn't better than mine."

Yeah way too many fouls.

Hopefully Hollivay and Davis will be ok.

Copper was limping too.

Need some rest for Laney as well.

Originally posted by bac2therac:
Refs need to call it both waya if you call fouls on rutgers. .do the same for northwestern..so many times NW players ran right into ru players with no foul

And Husky take your anti cvs schtick somewhere else....you troll douche

This post was edited on 3/6 5:12 PM by bac2therac
I can assure you if the refs called it both ways, the outcome of this game would have been quite different, because our women would have been able to regroup. You saw their faces. They were thinking, "My god, I barely breathed on her and you called a foul on me. What will it take for you to call a foul on them."

That really deflates a team when you're competing against two teams instead of one.

"
I hope Brenda runs it up on that drunk tomorrow 110-40." I had the same exact thought.

Originally posted by RU MAN:

I hope so too.

Maybe CVS said, "Nice job McKweon. Way to whine to the officials and get your way. Your team still isn't better than mine."
I am sure she didn't say anything personal to him as it is his job to position his team just like it is hers. The problem was the refs, not him. I gather they both knew it from my take on that exchange. we still could have made shots and played more under control... it is definitely tough when you feel like it is 5 vs. 8 no doubt.

And the Rutgers player was not taken out with a hip check. it was a basketball play that just happened. Nothing NW did other than continue to play hard and ride the MO that developed. This isn't a Value.com commercial where the player is going to go to the ref and give the ball ball to the other team...

Originally posted by ThisShouldBEz:

Originally posted by RU-JMM78:

This game summarizes Rutgers season ,namely stay out of foul trouble and make your jump shots.When Rutgers is on the short end on both areas they will likely lose.The total dependence on three players on offense has its positives and negatives and this game showed the negative side.The injury to Hallivay really started the downward slide.
The game turned when a nw player took out rachel's knee with a hip check. She was 3-3 before getting injured
You have no credability. why don't you look at the play instead of making stuff up. Hollivay came down on the NWs players foot and twisted her knee and ankle.

Originally posted by RealityChech2:
Originally posted by ThisShouldBEz:

Originally posted by RU-JMM78:

This game summarizes Rutgers season ,namely stay out of foul trouble and make your jump shots.When Rutgers is on the short end on both areas they will likely lose.The total dependence on three players on offense has its positives and negatives and this game showed the negative side.The injury to Hallivay really started the downward slide.
The game turned when a nw player took out rachel's knee with a hip check. She was 3-3 before getting injured
You have no credability. why don't you look at the play instead of making stuff up. Hollivay came down on the NWs players foot and twisted her knee and ankle.
It really looked like she slid to try and box out and connected with the hip.

This post was edited on 3/6 5:43 PM by ThisShouldBEz

Two weeks to regroup and get healthy although I fear one or both injured players will be out.

also worry about seeding, I think RU gets in but stranger things have happened. Now though we fall to maybe the 7 seed and hopefully we can avoid that 8...NCAA would love to put a screw to us with a UConn-RU matchup and justify dropping the RU seed so they could keep RU in the east and close to home..nice reward eh

Rutgers should get an NCAA bid and they should draw a first round
game against a team not ranked in the Top 10. But, they will need
Essy and Rachel to win multiple tournament games.

Originally posted by RocktheRac:
CVS getting outschooled
OK. Just back from the game and reading this thread. The comments about the officiating are all right on. It was horrible. So many of us were screaming at the officials that the voice heard on TV could have been any of 8-10 people (myself included).

But this comment above has me baffled. Joe McKeon was the beneficiary of some very loose officiating that led to rough play and get our post, who was playing arguably one of her best games of the year, hurt. One of the other lists, Christa Evans, probably shouldn't have been playing after severely hurting an ankle in yesterday's game.

The officials had rabbit ears and actually came over to the scorers table and pointed to our section where the verbal criticism was coming from. They call 26 fouls on RU. Look at the stats and we were clearly the better team with the exception of all the free throws they shot. Yet CVS was "outs hooked" by a coach who spent half the game walking onto the court to complain about the rare call that went against his team??

Give me a break.

During the lull prior to the start of the NCAA tournament I would like to make some comments about next season.There are two positives to start with in Scaife and Copper.Canty hopefully will come back and be healthier which should improve her offensive game,She was a high school all american and has the game to be a double digit scorer.Hollivay needs to rest and work on her offensive game during the summer.The player to replace Laney should be a 3 point shooter in order to stretch the defense and open holes for Copper and Scaife to score inside the foul line.The bench has to be far more productive offensively.

The team has the makings for another NCAA bid.How far they go will be dependent on all the players stepping up their games.Far too many layups are missed and fouls committed.Better individual coaching of fundamentals especially the post players is required.Stringer must realize she has the opportunity to make at least one more run for a NCAA Championship before she retires.With better execution next season and some new players stepping up Rutgers should be able to compete for a league championship and win games at home against ranked opponents.

Back to the present lets hope for Hollivay and Davis having quick recovery from their injuries.
This post was edited on 3/6 6:59 PM by RU-JMM78

Julie was here. I know she went into the locker room when Rachel got hurt and also spike to some of Rachel's family.

Originally posted by bac2therac:

Two weeks to regroup and get healthy although I fear one or both injured players will be out.

also worry about seeding, I think RU gets in but stranger things have happened. Now though we fall to maybe the 7 seed and hopefully we can avoid that 8...NCAA would love to put a screw to us with a UConn-RU matchup and justify dropping the RU seed so they could keep RU in the east and close to home..nice reward eh
Unfortunately the women's tourney uses geography more than the men's does and it isn't about the games which makes it worse. It is strictly to save a few bucks. With the amount of money the NCAA makes on these they need to throw geography out.

It seems that the truth hurts. So many fans complain when we lose and blame the refs. Not saying it was a well officiated game. Time to look in the mirror and take responsibility. We have a history of blaming others when something goes against us. Frankly, I am tired of the blame game. Many fans remind me of children when they fail to take responsibility.

Originally posted by Racpack:
It seems that the truth hurts. So many fans complain when we lose and blame the refs. Not saying it was a well officiated game. Time to look in the mirror and take responsibility. We have a history of blaming others when something goes against us. Frankly, I am tired of the blame game. Many fans remind me of children when they fail to take responsibility.
Post from another anti CVS troll who did not see the game!!! Teams leading the entire first half do not need to foul, yet there were 3X more fouls called on RU in the first half than called on NW while we lead by double digits nearly the entire first half.

Originally posted by RUClassof67:

Originally posted by RocktheRac:
CVS getting outschooled
OK. Just back from the game and reading this thread. The comments about the officiating are all right on. It was horrible. So many of us were screaming at the officials that the voice heard on TV could have been any of 8-10 people (myself included).

But this comment above has me baffled. Joe McKeon was the beneficiary of some very loose officiating that led to rough play and get our post, who was playing arguably one of her best games of the year, hurt. One of the other lists, Christa Evans, probably shouldn't have been playing after severely hurting an ankle in yesterday's game.

The officials had rabbit ears and actually came over to the scorers table and pointed to our section where the verbal criticism was coming from. They call 26 fouls on RU. Look at the stats and we were clearly the better team with the exception of all the free throws they shot. Yet CVS was "outs hooked" by a coach who spent half the game walking onto the court to complain about the rare call that went against his team??

Give me a break.
Thank you for posting this. It was so egregious, so blatant I wanted to reach out to Delany and Kanter? I've seen so many badly officiated games over the years and this one was right up there. There was no way that NW wasn't going to win this game UNLESS---UNLESS they got some help, which they did. Disgraceful! I hope Julie complains to the league.

The ridiculous foul call on Scaife was IMHO the key call of the game.
Her sitting so much of the second half made defending Rutgers so much easier.
But that was a play where we made a poor pass out at the top of the key
The NW player touched the ball first so when there was contact the call went against us
even though the contact was due to the NW players movement.
We made several more poor passes near the top of the key in the second half
and some were quickly turned into layups for NW...the difference in the game.
How hard is it to defend us when we have Canty, Davis, Butts or Evans, an off Laney
and Copper in the game? Not hard at all; deny Copper the ball and watch Rutgers struggle.
So when Kaleah got the ball she was often further out than normal.
She would give it up or drive into traffic and even her incredible in the air acrobatics couldn't get the ball to go in.
What was our shooting percentage in the second half?

Originally posted by RU MAN:
I hope so too.

She and Joe go a long way back. I doubt she said anything like that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT