ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Northwestern 3PM 3/6/15 BTN

The tip-off is 25 minutes after the end of the first game in the afternoon double-header. This is why yesterday's game started at about 2:50 PM.

Thanks! If anyone drops by to watch the game at Healy's Tavern, 374 Newark Ave in JC, wearing the scarlet, first Yeungling is on me.

Originally posted by ScarletteK80:
Today's game info. RU vs Northwestern 3PM 3/6/15 BTN
ScarletteK i just want to say my bad. I think during the Northwestern game I made a game thread inadvertently without realizing your threads were game threads! sorry about that

I guess RU learned how to defend NW since that last outing with them

good bounce back after missing first 3 good shots.

NW with 4 to's already

how do you not call a foul on the blocked layup on Tyler. both slow mo replays show clear as day contact on her hand and wrist should have been 2 foul shots and you could see it happen live. REF standing right in front of them blind as day

Bek you must be the rules expert correct?

Why do referees put both their fists in the air as if to say a blocking foul but then change the decision to the charge motion? sometimes it appears as if they're deciding to give charge/ block if the shot goes, or to negate only if they miss.

these ref's are not calling any fouls on NW. 1 and 1 foul. They've had 3 fouls on blocks, there was an over the back foul just now over Rachel where she had clear position for a board and bucket, and it's happening right in front o f them.

ESSIE TIES THE RECORD

Originally posted by gigantor1024:
Bek you must be the rules expert correct?

Why do referees put both their fists in the air as if to say a blocking foul but then change the decision to the charge motion? sometimes it appears as if they're deciding to give charge/ block if the shot goes, or to negate only if they miss.
I don't know why they do that. It would be better if they didn't.

At the 3rd media timeout, Rutgers leads by 10.

Rutgers has won each timeout-delimited segment of the first half so far.

Half TO Rutgers N'wstern
1 1 6 2 RU +4
1 2 12 4 RU +4
1 3 21 11 RU +2

Wow we are playing some beautiful basketball. Defensive that is.
Come on Laney settle down get your shot on track .

That knee went laterally in both directions. It looked really bad on replay..

11 baskets on 9 assists so far. Interestingly, NW has 6 baskets on 5 assists, so it seems like it's just that kind of game.

this is horrible. Rachel Hollivay injured again.

this could have been prevented. If the referees had called fouls earlier on NW, the NW player wouldn't likely have taken Rachel out like she did. She clearly hip checked her. No flagrant and while they gave the foul, this is how players get injured, when you don't call early fouls.

NOW LOOK, now they call fouls everywhere

Originally posted by gigantor1024:
this is horrible. Rachel Hollivay injured again.

this could have been prevented. If the referees had called fouls earlier on NW, the NW player wouldn't likely have taken Rachel out like she did. She clearly hip checked her. No flagrant and while they gave the foul, this is how players get injured, when you don't call early fouls.

NOW LOOK, now they call fouls everywhere
Hollivay came down on the NW player's foot and twisted her knee. It was not a hip check from my view.

At the 4th media timeout, Rutgers with double Northwestern's score, 30-15

Half TO Rutgers N'wstern
1 1 6 2 RU +4
1 2 12 4 RU +4
1 3 21 11 RU +2
1 4 30 15 RU +5

No problem Gigantor. Well, we look great but that injury no matter how many times you see it, kills some of the joy of the game.

We're letting them right back in the game with sloppy play and bad decisions. It would've been nice to keep the cushion going into half 2 when we should get Copper back out there.

extremely. I can't believe it. And Bac was right, every little thing is a foul now.

What irks me most is NW was gifted 4 fouls in the first half and our best post player taken out for a couple of fouls.

This is ridiculous now. Tyler finally breaks the run. But this all started when the Northwestern coached talked to the ref and suddenly the bad refs started calling phantom and ticky-tack fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT