ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Princeton Game thread 12/15/22

ScarletteK80

Heisman Winner
Mar 4, 2003
12/15/22, 7pm, RAC. OK ladies, I am home sick as a dog. I'll be watching on BTN+
Please give our neighbors to the south a good beating. Please! They are a good team btw.

Hope our ladies can take a step forward tonight. They really fought hard against Ohio St a couple weeks ago. It looked like they took a step back against Illinois and Hampton. They kinda looked worn down for stretches during the Illinois game, especially Kai. She needs someone to spell her more often at pg.

Hopefully they come fresh and ready to go, for 40 minutes tonight. Gonna need it against this Princeton team. They were relentless against UConn.

I think it will be a long night - PU is pretty good team. Hope not, hopefully it will be worth coming out in the rain to be here

Kaylene ( according to box score) looks like she's doing all the damage
a great game, so far

Game changed when we switched from zone to man defense eay first
Yes. We had to get out of the zone. They would have been up by 30 if we hadn't.
That has been our problem in recent years. We tried to stay in that half court match up zone defense only to fall down by a lot of points early.

Glad to see Coquese make that adjustment so quickly.

Now we just have to hope the refs don't get cute on us in the second half. The last foul on Awa was a little o' nothing IMO.

• Haha
Reactions: ScarletteK80
Here comes the moment of truth....

Are we ready to take a step forward??? I think it's safe to say, here comes the full court press. And Princeton does it well. Can we break it with good passes and make them pay???

We'll see shortly.

Yes Dominique just said the same thing. First half, it was the extra pass that made the diff

They just don't have a good set of offensive plays where they don't have to do it by one on one moves. That's why they keep traveling. They are trying to force drives that aren't there.

No running people off of screens to get teammates open shots.

They are working extremely hard in one on one moves and forgetting they have teammates to work with.

looks like RU won't be holding that Tiger.
Princeton seems to be pulling ahead

It actually is the perfect offensive strategy for the team that we had last year. Several players that were good at one on one in a spread out half court. It doesn't suit this years team outside of Smikle.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT