ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs Purdue Basketball on BTN 10PM

My son and I were jumping up and down that we made the tournament, and he was so excited because last year was the first year he'd filled out a bracket and had it taped to the wall. Hated telling him that there wasn't going to be a tournament after all.

Reactions: shields and RU82
My son and I were jumping up and down that we made the tournament, and he was so excited because last year was the first year he'd filled out a bracket and had it taped to the wall. Hated telling him that there wasn't going to be a tournament after all.

That’s very sad. But at least there is a strong life message in it.

The win at Purdue was incredibly significant. Not just because it was the last game of the season, but because it eliminated any doubt whatsoever that Rutgers was a tournament team in 2019-20. I never bought in to us getting in with less than 20 wins, especially without a quality road victory, and I know many had varying opinions on that point. That Purdue win ended the discussion.

Reactions: soundcrib and RU82
That was a very well played game by both teams.

Yes, it was, which is what made winning it even more special. The team gutted it out to a level not previously seen on the road this season.

Reactions: RU82
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT