ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball gets dominated by Purdue, losing 96-68

Totally Disagree.
Ok, that’s what makes this place interesting. But it’s hard to fathom any D1 coach and/or former player can’t design inbounds plays. The problem is in the execution with undertalented players.

I can look up plays on the web to teach endlessly but if my 4th grade team can’t handle them is it my fault ? Sure, our players are far superior to 4th graders but so are the defenders so it’s all relative. I said in another thread that every Purdue player is a better passer than every Rutgers player. That passing deficiency also results in failed inbounds tries

Last edited:
Kid was 5-6 and 4-6 last two games he took shots (75%). He's 16 of 24 last 10 games. 67%
Me being a foul shooting expert (haha), I think he has bad form. He doesn’t just bend a little at the knees, he crouches too low and the rise relies too much on his legs. But hey, I’m an armchair expert full of opinions like everyone else here.

Me being a foul shooting expert (haha), I think he has bad form. He doesn’t just bend a little at the knees, he crouches too low and the rise relies too much on his legs. But hey, I’m an armchair expert full of opinions like everyone else here.
I'll take a better look. That's good technical analysis and completely relevant to having an issue IF so. (one thing I could do offensively was shoot foul shots. I was like a robot from a technique standpoint but also understood the "feel" effect..think Rob Hodson :)

Ok, that’s what makes this place interesting. But it’s hard to fathom any D1 coach and/or former player can’t design inbounds plays. The problem is in the execution with undertalented players.

I can look up plays on the web to teach endlessly but if my 4th grade team can’t handle them is it my fault ? Sure, our players are far superior to 4th graders but so are the defenders so it’s all relative. I said in another thread that every Purdue player is a better passer than every Rutgers player. That passing deficiency also results in failed inbounds tries
never said our execution wasn't an issue. Surely is/was. But my Pike critic was he used/uses the same play over and over. He is a system guy and not an on the fly coach (and of course he does make some calls here and there but not enough for my grading).

I’m glad you’re seeing his selfishness now. It has nothing to do with who else is in the game. All he cares about is chucking shit toward the backboard.
First this game is on Pike and coaches ! They were not prepared at all. Painter put on a clinic on how to break the 1-3-1 with the deep corner 3 point shooters.

Selfihness is an idiotic statement with zero understanding of high pick and roll basketball. With a 7ft 4 center in the lane if he doesn’t come up to stop the guard DS/Jwill/Jmike etc the good shot is a foul line pull up. Has to make them granted!! It’s the right basketball move unless he challenges Zach and looks to get Cliff a drop off.

Is Jwill and Jmike selfish when they take the same read?

Coaching lost this game and Defense. Maybe I can stop hearing about these ridiculous def ranking. We are not and have not been a great defensive team like years past and it ls hurting.

First this game is on Pike and coaches ! They were not prepared at all. Painter put on a clinic on how to break the 1-3-1 with the deep corner 3 point shooters.

Selfihness is an idiotic statement with zero understanding of high pick and roll basketball. With a 7ft 4 center in the lane if he doesn’t come up to stop the guard DS/Jwill/Jmike etc the good shot is a foul line pull up. Has to make them granted!! It’s the right basketball move unless he challenges Zach and looks to get Cliff a drop off.

Is Jwill and Jmike selfish when they take the same read?

Coaching lost this game and Defense. Maybe I can stop hearing about these ridiculous def ranking. We are not and have not been a great defensive team like years past and it ls hurting.
Still #3 defense after a couple bad games. 🤡

Yes, look at me doing crazy things like evaluating defense based on how many points the opponents score.
If you asked Pike or ANY other coach in the big ten are we better defensively this year or last. Put those into your spreadsheet

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT