ADVERTISEMENT

RU vs (T)OSU Game Thread

Need to recruit better and hopefully over time, we'll see change.

Still believe Pikeill and staff have what it takes to become a powerhouse, but this is going to be a long process.

59% to 40% (thanks to Jake and sa)
And out rebound 36 to 25...

Few fouls and only 10 turnovers..played hard for 8 mins.

Not going to sell any season tickets off this season. Crowds couldn't be much worse than this year so it will probably be about the same. The remaining diehards will show up as usual but no one else is going to be jumping on board.

Next year is HUGE. We absolutely NEED some positive on-court momentum to combine with the practice facility opening in the summer of 2019.

Reactions: Rutgers25
the OSU post game ceremonies are something I do not think we will ever see at the RAC, truly believe that...not in my lifetime

All on Steve.

not really...part of Steve..part on guys like Corey who couldnt be bothered to show up either game..and who missed his flight...and not just Corey but a bunch of players...huffing and puffing chests because they beat SHU and then embarrassed by America East bottom feeders who cleaned their jocks

Not my job to recruit. Bring in 3* guys like Valdir Manuel, not JUCOs with no offers or 2*s with NEC offers (Mensah/Bullock)

To elaborate, if a coach can't get even 3* players to a Big Ten school then some major questions need to be asked.

not really...part of Steve..part on guys like Corey who couldnt be bothered to show up either game..and who missed his flight...and not just Corey but a bunch of players...huffing and puffing chests because they beat SHU and then embarrassed by America East bottom feeders who cleaned their jocks

To be fair Hartford actually put together a really good year including a win at Vermont this week. But of course we should have beaten both them and Stony Brook by 10+.

We did have to play the top 4 B1G teams a total of 8 times. That’s tough. We looked good for second part of first half. There’s that. PS Ohio St is a pretty obnoxious team.

Reactions: richthedentist

Corey showed up. Freeman and Williams not so much.

Did anyone really expect anything different tonight?? OSU's top 7 or 8 is better than anyone on RU (save Corey on a good day). Talent difference is huge, Pike will get us there.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Pike needs to show he can play on offensive end. Even with challenged players there was still far too much "whatever" as approach that end, far too Programmed approach. _ and yeah I said either programmed or whatever.

Cannot watch this stuff..

Reactions: bac2therac
Geo not playing killed us. Will Northwestern win another game without McIntosh?

All of his recruits this year and last year were 3 or 4 star recruits besides Mensah and he's probably gone after this year.

If Bullock was a 3* then that was clearly a miss. His offer sheet did not warrant three stars.

To be fair Hartford actually put together a really good year including a win at Vermont this week. But of course we should have beaten both them and Stony Brook by 10+.
In the last two seasons Rutgers was lucky to win two of the four games against Stony Brook and Hartford .

Pike needs to show he can play on offensive end. Even with challenged players there was still far too much "whatever" as approach that end, far too Programmed approach. _ and yeah I said either programmed or whatever.

Cannot watch this stuff..

Yup. And we need to see improvement...regardless of the players. We are seeing the opposite of that.

We might need 4 star players because I have no confident that Pikiell can “coach players up”.

Boston College again, coach won 7 and 9 games. 4th year team is over .500. Needs to recruit.

For the millionth time we know why Bullock was taken. It was a good gamble at the time.

And while it might sound douche-y to say, it was time for Pikiell to run him off last off-season. It happens everywhere and needs to happen here.

No improvement from Omoruyi?? And Thiam's interior play the past few games?

Omoruyi has def. improved.

Thiam did not have a good overall year. A few post ups doesn’t change that.

Sanders, Williams, Sa, Doorson, and Freeman have not improved.

For the millionth time we know why Bullock was taken. It was a good gamble at the time.
We should have took that players girlfriend instead. She probably would have produced more than Bullock and RU would have gotten the player.

Reactions: Unionst
If Bullock was a 3* then that was clearly a miss. His offer sheet did not warrant three stars.
I said this year and last years class. The 2016 class was a last minute scramble to put together a recruiting class by Pikiell. Sa will be gone, so will Bullock most likely. Thiam was originally an Eddie Jordan recruit who decided to stay and is developing. Omoruyi is also developing nicely.

Reactions: scarletKNIGHT07
No improvement from Omoruyi?? And Thiam's interior play the past few games?

only player who improved was Eugene...jury out on Thiam....Sanders..no....Doorson..ugh. Williams before he was hurt..no. Freeman...lmao....Bullock/Mensah train wrecks. Sa...didnt move the needle

Reactions: Mr Magoo
Sa is just not that good. What was his foul shooting percentage? Like 40%?

I said this year and last years class. The 2016 class was a last minute scramble to put together a recruiting class by Pikiell. Sa will be gone, so will Bullock most likely. Thiam was originally an Eddie Jordan recruit who decided to stay and is developing. Omoruyi is also developing nicely.

All right, well then Harper's offer list doesn't fill me with confidence. Especially to have taken him on in the early signing period. Also not convinced Peter Kiss is going to be much of a contributor based on his stats in the MAAC.

Omoruyi has def. improved.

Thiam did not have a good overall year. A few post ups doesn’t change that.

Sanders, Williams, Sa, Doorson, and Freeman have not improved.

WillIams has no mobility now. Williams, Sa, and Doorson are as good as they will get. None of them are going to turn into Keita Bates-Diop

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT