ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers alums with a super bowl ring

RUfinal4

Heisman Winner
Apr 24, 2006
who are the Rutgers alums with a super bowl ring?

Off the top of my head:
- Ohara (Giants)
- Brackett (Colts)
- McCourty, Ryan, Harmon (Pats)
- Steven Belicheck (Pats coach??) - not sure if he was a coach with his father in 2015
- Battaglia (TB 2002)

I am sure there are some on this board who have more

who are the Rutgers alums with a super bowl ring?

Off the top of my head:
- Ohara (Giants)
- Brackett (Colts)
- McCourty, Ryan, Harmon (Pats)
- Steven Belicheck (Pats coach??) - not sure if he was a coach with his father in 2015
- Battaglia (TB 2002)

I am sure there are some on this board who have more
Add Ray Rice, James Jenkins and Bill Pickel

Rutgers players that have Super Bowl rings are:

Harry Swayne with the 1997 and 1998 Denver Broncos and 2000 Baltimore Ravens;
Devin McCourty, Logan Ryan, Duron Harmon and Tim Wright of the 2014 New England Patriots;
Ray Rice and Alex Silvestro with the 2012 Baltimore Ravens;
Brandon Bing with the 2011 New York Giants;
Darnell Stapleton with the 2008 Pittsburgh Steelers;
Shaun O’Hara with the 2007 New York Giants;
Gary Brackett with the 2006 Indianapolis Colts,
Darian Barnes (1999 RU letterwinner transferred to Hampton University) with the 2002 Tampa Bay Buccaneers,
James Jenkins with the 1991 Washington Redskins and
Bill Pickel with the 1983 Los Angeles Raiders.

Dwain Painter was a special teams coach with the 1997 Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos. He was a quarterback/defensive back from 1961-64 and played on the undefeated 1961 Rutgers team.

Marco Battaglia was on the roster for several games with the 2002 Super Bowl Champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers and was on injured reserve for the 2005 Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers.

Bill Pellington, RU Class of 1952, played on the 1958 and 1959 NFL Champion Baltimore Colts and was on the losing side in the 1964 Championship game with the Cleveland Browns.

Bob “Nasty” Nash and Alfred Tennyson “Budge” Garrett played on the 1920 Akron Pros (also known as the Indians) when the league was called the American Professional Football Association (APFA) in its first two seasons. APFA became the National Football League in 1922.

Last edited:
Did you know?

Despite being drafted by the NFL’s Philadelphia Eagles (second round, 19th pick overall) and being offered by the Cleveland Browns of the All-American Football Conference (AAFC) in the spring of 1949, Rutgers player Frank Burns returned to Rutgers to be the freshmen team backfield coach and also joined the independent professional Jersey City Giants.

The Philadelphia Eagles defeated the Los Angles Rams 14-0 on December 18, 1949 and won the NFL Championship.

The Cleveland Browns defeated the San Francisco 49ers 21-7 on December 11, 1949 and won the All-American Football Conference (AAFC) Championship.

Reactions: jjjenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT