ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball's struggles continued as they lose to Iowa on the road

I turned it on for 1 play, saw the Iowa post man travel/drag his pivot foot. Not called. I turned it off.

I said the team is better.

You and others for months said Mag was the reason why RU fell apart.

Let's just wait until March and see where things stand.....I'm not counting missed layups or bunnies around the basket for Mag, but I would be hard pressed waiting for your response back on whether you still believe the Mag narrative.

At best I know what I am seeing on the court so far and the narrative appears to have quieted down (I think).
Your Spencer and mulcahy call was one of the worst in board history. You should be embarrassed for spreading a false narrative about Spencer. Pike 100% wanted him.

Sorry but this roster is worse than last year and the results say so.

Another game against legitimate competition where the best we can hope for is to lose by less than 10.

Reactions: bac2therac
Maybe should have red shirt Gavin and just put him in the weight room. So weak underneath
His problem isn’t strength. His problem is he’s bad at everything. A great shooter with a two month record of bricks.

Seton Hall is on pace to score 85 points at home against #7 team in country.
Rutgers can’t hit a layup

Noah and Simpson haven't made a shot either. Noah has an hairball and simpson hit the side of the backboard on a wide open 3

The entire team is playing terrible
Yup. Surprised some don’t understand you win by putting the ball through the basket. It’s been an annual weakness of Pikiell teams. Defense covered it up. Now we have no defense so we are fully exposed.

What concerns me the most is the lack of playing time for Griffiths and when he is on the court the performance is woeful.He was expected to be a key offensive contributor this season as a prelude to next season with the four freshmen.I see very little help coming from the current squad for next season.The transfer portal will be needed .

How do you miss so many shots inches from the basket ?
this has been an ongoing problem for years but even more so this year. We mostly just have poor offensive players who haven’t developed much under our staff

Just get through the game injury free … looks like half the games or more in the B1G will be 15-25 point losses. No go to guy like RHJ, Geo, Cam. Stonehill game killed my expectations for the year.

Could be wrong (OSU was a close loss) and teams can always have an off night to get an upset win.

Zero passes
Contested wild layup attempt by Davis
Clif rebound (good!)
Clif throws it out of bounds.

This is another game where with normal-ish shooting we’d be winning or at least close. And I get it, putting the ball in the hoop is the point of the game, but there isn’t much to be done except keep trying, the shots aren’t actually bad shots.

I also maintain its impossible the team is actually as bad at shooting as they currently look

Reactions: Wagram97
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT