ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers Basketball's struggles continued as they lose to Iowa on the road

Down 7 is insane. I can’t believe I’m saying this. I want more Oskar in the 2nd. Kid plays hard and rebounds. Maybe he gets hot from 3. Less Noah in the 2nd please

can we please play smart and hard to begin the second half. please

I said the team is better.

You and others for months said Mag was the reason why RU fell apart.

Let's just wait until March and see where things stand.....I'm not counting missed layups or bunnies around the basket for Mag, but I would be hard pressed waiting for your response back on whether you still believe the Mag narrative.

At best I know what I am seeing on the court so far and the narrative appears to have quieted down (I think).
😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
We play good D even if rebounding troubles.
Keeps us in game.
Something to be said about keeping Oskar in the game.
If you watch he has good constant movement and cuts.
Don’t see that in rest of team who tend to just stand outside.

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

We start 1-15, 0-4
Finished the half 11-33, 3-8

FG 10-18. 3pt 3-4
Amazing what hitting shots does.

Mag on the floor has really changed our rebounding too.

We get their starting 5 in foul trouble and the replacement comes in to burn us Refs missed a travel and foul (stealfromDS) by Krikke, but he killed us in 1st half. He plays at a high energy level.

Narrarator: the team is not, in fact, better

We will agree to disagree.....as I said before, last year’s team and ceiling is a NIT birth that trended in the wrong direction late last year. We will see where RU is in mid March and into 2024-25.

We have slightly out rebounded Iowa which is why we are still in shouting distance. Cliff has not made a single FG and has hardly taken any shots. Sadly, no dunks. Miss seeing those dunks. Cannot possibly win with a donut from Cliff. Fernandes once again is scoreless and clueless. He must be relegated to being a bench player, everyone can see this but Pikell. Have to hope Simpson can reprise his top of the key jump shot from the OSU game, get some points from Cliff, and points from Hyatt. Otherwise, another L.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
We will agree to disagree.....as I said before, last year’s team and ceiling is a NIT birth that trended in the wrong direction late last year. We will see where RU is in mid March and into 2024-25.
13th in the BIG 10 standings is my guess. This is Pike's worst team and his worst coaching job since his arrival.

We play our best when down 16. Too bad this happens way too often
We should just have the starting 5 sit down on the court when on D until the other team scores 16. Then start playing.

And when asked why, in the press conf after the game, Pike can say that we’re getting used to it this season so that next season, we can spot opponents 20 points ’cause we want to avoid running up the score to badly on all our opponents.

Protect the ball in the 2nd half and we have a chance. A lot of good offensive possessions in the 1st half, but we just couldn't finish.

3 WIDE open and uncontested 3's and we miss all of them.

Getting good looks at the rim but just can't make any.

Not passing to cliff when he is posted up outside of where he should be. We got him the ball when he had a foot in the paint (resulted in Iowa player getting his 2nd foul).

You’ve been crying about variance for a year straight now. I just find it funny.
We had positive variance against Seton Hall. It goes both ways, evens out in the long run. But I am less motivated after wins to come on here and argue that we would’ve lost without good luck.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT