ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers falls to Maryland in round one of B1G Tournament

The sooner this ends the better, hopefully everyone that enters the portal does so early. Cam and Paul screwed this team bad from start to finish of this year. 5 players coming off season ending injuries in 21-22 and 22-23, one serving a suspension, two freshman, and 6 players returning that included Oskar, Chol and Hyatt. Cliff, Derek and Woolf the others.

Reactions: tm_nj
This team looks like it’s just a pickup game at the park and no coach to be found

Probably a dumb question: they don't have a backup jersey for each player?
They only bring 1 each?
Whst if someone wants to change st halftime for a fresh jersey?

Reactions: Scarlet Beach
WTF are you talking about? Simpson is THE reason opposing D's sag back into the lane BECAUSE he has NO CLUE how to find his teammates shots and/or when to shoot/not to shoot!
You clearly aren’t watching the game Paul! He’s had 5 assists blown because Cliff Ogvole and Jwill missed layups dunks or dropped the ball

Anyone defending Simpson, and not getting "the talk," is out of their ****ing minds. Sorry, nice kid, but he isn't cutting it. Period.
i think on the pod richie said that simpson , j mike and gavin are three of the four worst effective field goal players in the country with simpson being the worst by far

Ace Bailey and Dylan Harper must be licking their chops watching this one. They'll definitely get some playing time next year.

Thank God, we're finally at the under 10 min. mark of this truly unlikable team.

Reactions: shields
the good news is that we can give the talk one day earlier and get a jump start on the portal

Reactions: socaldave
I’m not going to laugh but a serious question. You coached high school kids in rec ball? Isn’t that just put the t shirts on roll the balls out and coach yourself. Kids actually have coaches for high school rec leagues?

I never played rec ball but that’s how the kids that didnt make the high school team handled it when I was in high school.
Well yes we did to a decent extent. It wasn't so much x o but strategy, situations, line ups, and even to some extent individual coaching. We called timeouts and plays. I guess to my point I took it seriously. There was actually a Rutgers football player on our team who listened to my coaching. And since another was my son who coached all 10 years he did too.
The guy who was the head coach was actually friends with a former RU player-coach who would come to a few games.

Regardless.. we did our best to make them care and play hard vs. oh let's just have fun and get some exercise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT