ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers falls to Maryland in round one of B1G Tournament

Have to get new S&C coaches in the offseason and part with what is there. They are ineffective and the physical and conditional aspects of players is just not there.
Been saying the same thing for years. Compare the physical development of our players with those of other high caliber teams. Plus he is also the asshat that got a tech in a critical situation a couple of years ago. Met him a couple of times and he is a complete meat head.

You can hold him as accountable as you want for the roster which is the same as it was this morning and a week ago.
The problem is instead of have ann actual conversation about it a lot of the folks on here’s version of holding Pike accountable is someone starting a poll titled “Should Pike be fired immediately?”

The problem is instead of have in actual conversation about it a lot of the folks on here’s version of holding Pike accountable is someone starting a poll titled “Should Pike be fired immediately?”
Well if you don’t get angry and stamp your feet after every loss you have a “loser mentality”

Reactions: cm_13
i think on the pod richie said that simpson , j mike and gavin are three of the four worst effective field goal players in the country with simpson being the worst by far
Simpson, IIRC, was in the bottom 10 of 2559 or so D1 guys. As a PG that is a MAJOR problem.

Reactions: shields
Just so bad at everything, but it starts with intensity and there is none. Pike needs to clean house and reestablish the fight and intensity his teams are known for. At least we'll have much better talent next year and if we can get that intensity back with it, we'll be pretty good. Despite his ups and downs this year, really would love to have Cliff back as he could thrive with players who can score and dish to him and prevent him from being doubled all the time.
There’s also no toughness. When I look at Maryland, they play defense like we used to. They have length, fight for rebounds, and get soooo many deflections. Relentlessness that we no longer have.

Reactions: RU848789
Noah Eagle and Robbie Hummel talking about Rutgers being able to keep these young guards together in the age of the portal…….like Simpson and JMike are some amazing talents….are you kidding me……

Reactions: RutgersClassof2004
Yes? No? Who ****ing knows? It’s a bad team that was going to lose anyway. You think we’re down 24 points because of the choice of starting lineup?
I think you had a team that desperately needed confidence and to get off to a good start. Pike talked about D and connected and then played 5 guys who haven’t played together all year. Got down early and the teams confidence was gone. So yes Pike once again. Lost

I think you had a team that desperately needed confidence and to get off to a good start. Pike talked about D and connected and then played 5 guys who haven’t played together all year. Got down early and the teams confidence was gone. So yes Pike once again. Lost
lol ok bro

May be time for Cliff to go. Like a big who can shoot the ball like Iowa does.

4D chess....

Pike wanted this shitshow of a season to end

I want to clean house with everyone. I would keep JMike bc he has potential upside and good defense.
I would keep Gavin just to check if a lightbulb goes off next year.
Everyone else I get back to NJ and pack their bags for them. This is not a team first mentality and a bunch of Iindividuals . They will not compliment our recruiting class

Reactions: itsRtime
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT