ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers falls to Maryland in round one of B1G Tournament

It’s called coaching but people on these boards are enamored with their staue-esque coach and not admitting reality.
I love Pike..great guy and met him many times. Difference between being a great guy and a players coach and coaching to win
Some truth behind this, if this was an NBA team they might say he lost the locker room. The effort was atrocious to close the season. No idea what went on in the locker room, rumors floating that Mag sitting out caused issues….who knows…..but the effort to close out this season was substandard at best.

It’s called coaching but people on these boards are enamored with their staue-esque coach and not admitting reality.
I love Pike..great guy and met him many times. Difference between being a great guy and a players coach and coaching to win
How many threads have you seen about other teams poaching him?

Reactions: RUBlackout
Our last 6 losses were by an average of 17. This will be 20+. Something other than just talent is just way off and IMO, it's a lack of sustained intensity and usually that happens on a team that has chemistry issues. Needs to be addressed, big time.
When you 4 guys with a C on your chest you have zero real captains. Look at who has a C and that will tell you why this team has problems. Only 1 maybe 2 in my opinion ever deserved a C.

You have one C that was encouraged to leave and was never more than a role player and is rewarded with a C.
One that didn’t come back when cleared by the docs and then deserts the team late in season rewarded with a C

Reactions: socaldave
J Will can't do any wrong around here. Younger Simpson getting crushed, not sure I've seen a mention of Williams 3-11 with half the assists.
The whole team had a bad game

Simpson had a historically bad season

34.8% vs 47.8% eFG

Not in the same galaxy

Technically it doesn't open until Monday. I guess they could announce their intentions though.

It’s finally over.Maryland wins 65-51.Griffiths has 16 points.
The ugliest 16 points ever!
I hope he can build on it, he has elements that look like a baller.
Hopefully it’s confidence that he can build stop hesitating

The whole team had a bad game

Simpson had a historically bad season

34.8% vs 47.8% eFG

Not in the same galaxy
No doubt Simpson was brutal shooting, almost knew the season would end on a missed shot by him.
My point is, despite all the love from fans, Williams isn't all that good either though. If I had to look 2 years down road, not sure he'd be the one of the three similar guards I'd still want here.

Reactions: Freddy Stubbs
J Will can't do any wrong around here. Younger Simpson getting crushed, not sure I've seen a mention of Williams 3-11 with half the assists.
I’ll pack his suitcase! Slasher scorer who gives up on d. Do not want him and his attitude impacting the freshman. Great start to his year but can’t stay on his feet poor Rebounder for his size and misses rotations.

I feel bad for whoever takes them.
It actually crossed my mind, who takes Chol? There's literally no tape on him and he couldn't get any minutes on a god awful team. What's his motivation to leave a good university and end up... Where?

Reactions: koleszar
Griffiths finished well. I like him
needs to get stronger and tighten up his handle. Improved d and confidence are encouraging and he plays hard. Will benefit from better offensive players being able to get him the ball in better spots

Reactions: tm_nj
It actually crossed my mind, who takes Chol? There's literally no tape on him and he couldn't get any minutes on a god awful team. What's his motivation to leave a good university and end up... Where?
Yea it will be interesting to see but someone will take a shot on him. He has excellent size and length with a hypothetical 3 point shot

Reactions: RUDiddy777
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT