ADVERTISEMENT

Football Rutgers Football defeats Virginia Tech, 26-23

Tough fumble obviously but when's the last time a tight end here had 5 receptions in a first half? Kyle has 41 yards but in the 4th that could be 141

Reactions: ashokan
Rutgers made two bad plays with a missed field goal and the fumble near Virginia Tech goal line.They need to score on the first possession in second half.

Tough fumble obviously but when's the last time a tight end here had 5 receptions in a first half? Kyle has 41 yards but in the 4th that could be 141
Also waiting for a Chris Long play. He's a game breaker.

Lets hope Schiano doesn't go full on conservative mode in the second half because of the fumble, we need to stay aggressive and put VT away

Reactions: MulletCork
I’m for spreading them out and pounding Kyle up the middle , too many 2 TE formations with too many guys in the box

I would go run heavy in the 3rd quarter, unless they prove they can stop it.
It’s gonna have to depend on the defense VT is throwing at us. We were successful using the RPO in the first half because VT was selling out to stop the run. They do that again, and we’re going to see Athan continue to throw.

They thought we were going just run the ball all day. They won’t stack the box in the second half now

I wonder if we’ll see a QB change from VT. Looked like a pretty bad ankle roll. They get more and more sore with time. Plus you risk greater injury by playing on it, even with it heavily taped. Plus it looks like he won’t be so effective with running, if he can run at all.

If not, if he plays and we get up by another 7, I would probably take a risk or two to go after him since he presumably isn’t gonna be very mobile at avoiding sacks.

It’s not good having your QB puking his guts out early in the 3 Qtr. Hopefully he was not partying last night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT