ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers Gets First Four - #11 Seed

Also - can someone explain to me, why - in our region - the play-in game is the #11 seed but in the South region, it's the #16 seed? Does the committee just look for at least 2 comparable teams per region and make that the play-in game regardless of seeding? I'm still new to the whole play-in concept.

Also - can someone explain to me, why - in our region - the play-in game is the #11 seed but in the South region, it's the #16 seed? Does the committee just look for at least 2 comparable teams per region and make that the play-in game regardless of seeding? I'm still new to the whole play-in concept.
There are four playin games.
Two of them are the literal four worst seeds. They play into 16 seeds

Two of them are the last *at large* teams. They play into the last two at large spots, generally either a 11 or 12 seed depending on where the AQs come in

Reactions: redking
it isn’t a play in. We’re in the tournament.
I get that we're "in" the tourney, but we're still a step behind everyone else being required to play an extra game. Feels hollow and like I said, a slap in the face.

Also just hate how the play-in ("first four") is set up for an 11 seed - just make it all the 16s.

Reactions: leftoright
I get that we're "in" the tourney, but we're still a step behind everyone else being required to play an extra game. Feels hollow and like I said, a slap in the face.

Also just hate how the play-in ("first four") is set up for an 11 seed - just make it all the 16s.

never understood why some of the play-in games arent the lowest seeds.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT