ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers head coach Greg Schiano interview with Kathyrn Tappen

He keeps talking about camp counselor/minister type stuff, sending them off to life to be good husbands, etc. I'm not sure that mindset leads to great games on the field and if it's a screen for falling short.
That's always been his focus since I've been exposed to him. Good times and bad. I believe him.

Maybe the road to really good is longer and harder that way, but I'm OK with that. My limited exposure to him has always been positive.

Never met Ash (or wanted to). My interactions with Flood didn't rise close to the integrity level of coach Schiano. He'll get much more slack from me.

Nothing wrong with that at all. But they have to win, too. That's his job.
Which is sort of my issue with it. He's paid to win games first and foremost, not raise good citizens. I certainly prefer a program with integrity that helps people grow over one that churns out reprobates but the expensive football program does not exist as Greg's Charm School for Young Men, to lose games but do it with class, style and integrity. It's an athletic team.

He keeps talking about camp counselor/minister type stuff, sending them off to life to be good husbands, etc. I'm not sure that mindset leads to great games on the field and if it's a screen for falling short.
It differentiates us. It is also authentic. He knows he still needs to win and place guys in the NFL (which he has done in the past).

It differentiates us. It is also authentic. He knows he still needs to win and place guys in the NFL (which he has done in the past).
But...we're bad. Big time football is, for better or worse, big money. We can be Ivy League or big time. Not both.

I caught that too

could be a code for instilling the discipline needed to make a winning program and help stay a good person after they leave the University.

Spin it anyway you like, but his last go-round brought forth a winner and most players proved to be good citizens after their time in program was over.

Sunday-Friday: Father Knows Best. Saturday: Ohio State

Reactions: brgRC90
Well, you’ll never have to worry about that nor any of those things.

Oh and rest assured you’ll never have anyone like Kathryn Tappen. Actually , quite a few here couldn’t get a Kathryn Tappen… maybe Larry or Sid ? You ridicule the fact that this guy ( Schiano) actually has always had those qualities and stood by them.

You either.
I already married the homecoming queen with brains long ago and she’s still rocks my world. When you come from a stable home life with parents who instill love, faith and respect of people you don’t come up with stupid nonsense while trying to crap on a man like Schiano. He has his warts but there is nothing wrong in what he said in the interview. You sound like a jealous jilted lover.

There are more posters here who would agree that the interview showed a man with a solid message. His job is yes wins but take care of those young men and keep them on the straight and narrow.

I already married the homecoming queen with brains long ago and she’s still rocks my world. When you come from a stable home life with parents who instill love, faith and respect of people you don’t come up with stupid nonsense while trying to crap on a man like Schiano. He has his warts but there is nothing wrong in what he said in the interview. You sound like a jealous jilted lover.j
Lol actually the juvenile way you just attacked me unnecessarily makes YOU sound like the jilted lover, ironically from an old homophobe.

• Wow
Reactions: Local Shill
What is this thing with Taylor ham? I barely remember it from my childhood. It's just a cheap, overly salty blob of pork snouts, uteruses and tails served with runny diner eggs and toasted white bread with a lot of butter.
If we were like Pork Roll, we'd be great.

Reactions: Bagarocks
Lol actually the juvenile way you just attacked me unnecessarily makes YOU sound like the jilted lover, ironically from an old homophobe.
Yes juvenile towards the tool who mocks Schiano and those who agree with his beliefs . You are a phony … play the victim card as the offended … you are good at that .As for your accusation and your “ old” … I’m old , in shape and don’t appreciate when people are anti towards those who actually tolerate educated idiots… do you fit that criteria?

• Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
Finally got home and was able to watch the interview. I can't see how anybody can find negativity in it.

That's the Greg Schiano I know (meaning I've met and been around) and really like as our coach.

I know that ultimately wins and losses tell your story. But, nobody will ever be able to say the guy isn't genuine and doing the best he can with what he has. I'd send my kid to play for him without any reservation.

could be a code for instilling the discipline needed to make a winning program and help stay a good person after they leave the University.

Spin it anyway you like, but his last go-round brought forth a winner and most players proved to be good citizens after their time in program was over.
are you fking kidding? have you not paid attention the last 2 weeks or last 4yrs. We're a laughing stock, on a national stage! Greg sucks, SUCKS, couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. I rewatched the nebraska, mich st, iowa games, all games we should have won but the coaching and personnel decisions were terrible

you want to talk about good citizens, go work for the fking red cross, this is college football. This is one of the biggest businesses in America. You win or you go home

are you fking kidding? have you not paid attention the last 2 weeks or last 4yrs. We're a laughing stock, on a national stage! Greg sucks, SUCKS, couldn't coach his way out of a wet paper bag. I rewatched the nebraska, mich st, iowa games, all games we should have won but the coaching and personnel decisions were terrible

you want to talk about good citizens, go work for the fking red cross, this is college football. This is one of the biggest businesses in America. You win or you go home

Ivwouldn’t say Greg “sucks”…but yah we need to win. Greg’s gotta show something this season or eise…

There are more posters here who would agree that the interview showed a man with a solid message. His job is yes wins but take care of those young men and keep them on the straight and narrow.
you're going by this board? His job isn't to hold hands and let's sing kumbaya, his job is to build a winner and he's failing

your priorities and view of what is important are not aligned with a big10 team

Greg answered exactly as he should have and there is not another B1G coach who would say it any differently. Now all said the interview is not entirely how the program works but it is part and parcel of the philosophy . Were he to state , ” we don’t care about the player and how he turns out they are only here as beasts burden .” This board would be all over it as would many others.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Yes juvenile towards the tool who mocks Schiano and those who agree with his beliefs . You are a phony … play the victim card as the offended … you are good at that .As for your accusation and your “ old” … I’m old , in shape and don’t appreciate when people are anti towards those who actually tolerate educated idiots… do you fit that criteria?
Lol give it up dude. You don't like your boy Schiano being attacked so you lash out like a child and insult me. And then whine when I give it back to you. Have a seat.

No … I don’t like it when some people deliberately use their personal agendas because they are anti faith, anti male , anti female , anti civility , anti moral values which have been established and made precedent for decades upon decades. You truly exhibit a dislike for a guy who actually believes in standards . Unfortunately , you have issues and attempt to play the “ I’m the victim .” There are many more here that actually agree with what he said in the interview. You and some others have never liked Schiano going back to his first stint at Rutgers. We have way to many phony fans and even alums.

What is this thing with Taylor ham? I barely remember it from my childhood. It's just a cheap, overly salty blob of pork snouts, uteruses and tails served with runny diner eggs and toasted white bread with a lot of butter.

Wrong! That's scrapple

Reactions: Knight Shift
I know that ultimately wins and losses tell your story. But, nobody will ever be able to say the guy isn't genuine and doing the best he can with what he has. I'd send my kid to play for him without any reservation.
That IS the end of the story.

You win or you lose.

At this level the other stuff doesn’t matter.

And if your kid is good enough for the B1G East I hope he comes too. We all do. Because we need more of them. Lots more. 🙂

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT