ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers' idiotic policies and recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
This factor is probably far down the list of reasons recruits choose a school. Coaching, opportunity for PT, NIL, academic programs, family can see them play, NFL development opportunities, etc. are probably larger factors.
I think this policy is beyond idiotic but I completely agree with you here. This might be further down the list than uniforms which, IIRC, (when this site polled recruits one off-season) was about 20th on the list of “important decision-making factors” when choosing where to go/play (despite the fact that certain posters around here were telling us consistently and constantly how important it was to have “swag” uniforms lolol!!).

LOL. That's hardly an elephant. 18 year-olds likely aren't processing that mandate to the degree the OP is. Just another rule to follow among many in the program and the university.
Funny you should say this. I went to a family BBQ yesterday (in honor of my nephews and niece off to college this week). They all go out of state and first thing they said to me when I got there (since I’m the Rutgers uncle) was thank god they don’t go to Rutgers because their schools are not requiring masks. It is in their thoughts because they have friends that go to Rutgers and are not happy about it.

Funny you should say this. I went to a family BBQ yesterday (in honor of my nephews and niece off to college this week). They all go out of state and first thing they said to me when I got there (since I’m the Rutgers uncle) was thank god they don’t go to Rutgers because their schools are not required masks. It is in their thoughts because they have friends that go to Rutgers and and not happy about it.
Yeah people itt dont realize how anti mask young people are. Mask mandates are usually equated too restrictions and no fun. Young people like little restrictions and fun

Reactions: Section124
OK then google the topic and find a source to your liking instead of being drama queen
Drama queen?

laughs GIF

Funny you should say this. I went to a family BBQ yesterday (in honor of my nephews and niece off to college this week). They all go out of state and first thing they said to me when I got there (since I’m the Rutgers uncle) was thank god they don’t go to Rutgers because their schools are not requiring masks. It is in their thoughts because they have friends that go to Rutgers and are not happy about it.
I wouldn’t be surprised if we are the only major state university in the nation still requiring masks. It’s beyond idiotic and, strictly in my most humble of opinions, being done by Holloway just to show that he can do it. No masks at indoor sporting events BUT masks in classes? It’s a complete ****ing joke and nothing but a headline-maker.

My kid goes to Rutgers and doesn't really care. They are all different. Some are rule followers and comply without questioning things. They are different and that does not make either of them bad or good.

Article? There were like 20 picture ads and polls for Donald Trump every other paragraph. The first poll asked "ARE YOU ULTRA MAGA?" I spit my coffe out because I laughed so hard. That's kind of like asking "ARE YOU ULTRA STUPUD.?" Kind of hard to read or take anything seriously with that nonsense dominating the screen.

Yet you'll read the even more deceitful, more subtle NYT?

I thought you were an middle of the road guy? Not a Leftist... Hmmmm...

Last edited:
Reactions: Proud NJ Sports Fan
Certainly your choice. But it seems a curious one to me to not choose RU simply based on short term in classroom masking policies. Rutgers has done right by me and my career. Years after this masking debate is left in the dust I'll have a family tradition of Rutgers grads with children and hopefully grand-children attending games.

Lol..3 years later..you are a joke

You'd accept the NYTs right? No difference.
Actually, there is a difference. I'd put the NYT below Breitbart. LOL.
Yet you'll read the even more deceitful, more subtle NYT?

I thought you were an middle of the road guy? Not a Leftist.
Nope, yes, and nope. I call it like I see it. NYT is hot trash. I might consider Alex Jones before the NYT (sarcasm). LOL.
Both sides spew misinformation. But Breitbart and zerohedge (along with NYT and MSNBC)--can't take any of them seriously. Agenda driven BS.

Reactions: yesrutgers01
That's just sad.
No it's not. People are different. I'm a rule questioner and rage against the machine (not that freaking band that is now raging with THEIR machine) kind of person. In our office, we have plenty of rule followers, and they are great employees. As I learned early in my career, a lot of employers don't like rabble rousers.

I sensed no hysteria from the OP.
I simple question followed by an observation is what I read.
That observation could be right or wrong and can be debated.
I see no reason to attack the person .
Sure and I made an observation. My comments being construed as an attack is a stretch. I'm assuming OP isn't that thin skinned.

Actually, there is a difference. I'd put the NYT below Breitbart. LOL.

Nope, yes, and nope. I call it like I see it. NYT is hot trash. I might consider Alex Jones before the NYT (sarcasm). LOL.
Both sides spew misinformation. But Breitbart and zerohedge (along with NYT and MSNBC)--can't take any of them seriously. Agenda driven BS.

OK, you got your moderate Creds back. ; )

OK, you got your moderate Creds back. ; )
I can sleep well at night, knowing I have your and other's approval. 😉
As we have posted before, we do not have to agree on everything to still like some things together. Hoping to see you guys up in Boston. Did you guys buy tickets yet?

Reactions: zappaa
Its not free choice to mandate masks

You quoted me and referenced the article I linked that was about students making a free choice to wear masks without mandates. Why does it bother you that people wear masks even when and where they aren’t required? Why do you even care?

Reactions: Kbee3
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT