ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers offered 2021 PG Jalen Miller

Kinda surprised Rutgers not on Jaden Bradley a highly rated North Carolina kid who will play this year at IMG in Florida.

His Father is an RU grad and I heard he was a former RU football player.

Rutgers has had legacies in various sports. Off the top of my head-the Meltons, Spitzers, Dadikas, McCourtys

Last edited:
Rutgers has had legacies in various sports. Off the top of my head-the Meltons, Spitzers, Dadikas
Tverdovs, Taylor’s,
Coach Owens has a son on the Rutgers Baseball Team and a daughter on the softball team
I am sure there are a bunch that I have forgotten or were before my time.

Last edited:
Tverdovs, Taylor’s,
Coach Owens has a son on the Rutgers Baseball Team and a daughter on the softball team
When did Coach Owens graduate from Rutgers?

As far as I know he didn’t, but I will still count his family since they are part of Rutgers.

Reactions: shields
I hope Rutgers gets Corey Floyd from Roselle Catholic,a scorer in the backcourt that will be needed with graduations in the next two seasons.

Floyd in 2022 would be a good piece with Jayden jones and jalen Miller.

as far as legacies go...haven’t heard Harris (4 star class of 2022) name mentioned much around here. His dad was a football player under graber and when he was interviews a few months ago ...he said he grew up Rutgers and bleeds scarlet

That’s an interview update I’ll like to hear about

Floyd and Harris ...two four star jersey 2022 kids with Miller and jones resets us for years to come in the back court

Floyd is a guy I want as well. I have seen him play 3-4 times and he looks good. His father was All State at Linden and had a wonderful career at Providence.

Seems like coach Pike is settling for this guy. All these other guys where rated higher in that class. Good start with JADEN. We need to get a really good player to play with JADEN!

Seems like coach Pike is settling for this guy. All these other guys where rated higher in that class. Good start with JADEN. We need to get a really good player to play with JADEN!

Maybe if you read up on this kid you wouldn’t make a comment like this.

I stopped posting videos of recruits because all it leads to is “adults” bashing HS players. I might just stop posting recruit info all together now. Ridiculous.

Have read people think the kid is underrated. I wonder what would have happened if John Battle was going to RU now. Or Roy Hinson who had offer from Wagner.

Reactions: GORU2014 and MadRU
When Hinson went to RU I believe Jeff Allen was supposed to be bigger prospect, and Roy was better college player. Scarlet Shack can correct me if I am wrong.

He visited campus over a year ago. He clearly wasn’t plan A but I trust this staff to get guys who will fit and buy in.

Maybe if you read up on this kid you wouldn’t make a comment like this.

I stopped posting videos of recruits because all it leads to is “adults” bashing HS players. I might just stop posting recruit info all together now. Ridiculous.

LOL!

When Hinson went to RU I believe Jeff Allen was supposed to be bigger prospect, and Roy was better college player. Scarlet Shack can correct me if I am wrong.

This is correct. Jeff Allen was the higher ranked prospect coming out of high school and was considered the highest ranked kid from that class that has Jeff Allen, Roy Hinson, Kevin black: rich Brunson, Chris neiberlein, ans kenny Payne

I like this kid ..he is a top 250 player that is trending up ...bet he ends up in the top 150-200 when it’s all said and done ....

This is correct. Jeff Allen was the higher ranked prospect coming out of high school and was considered the highest ranked kid from that class that has Jeff Allen, Roy Hinson, Kevin black: rich Brunson, Chris neiberlein, ans kenny Payne
Didn't Allen wind up transferring to St. John's or was it somewhere else? I know Kenny Payne left for a lower division school in DC.

Didn't Allen wind up transferring to St. John's or was it somewhere else? I know Kenny Payne left for a lower division school in DC.

Allen went to St Johns..... I think he had a few late plays against us when St Johns beat us in his senior year

Make no mistake, Allen looked terrible playing for us...it took a long time for him to become a middle of the road bb player

I don't think Hinson played 4 years of high school bb, and thus flew under the radar.

Allen went to St Johns..... I think he had a few late plays against us when St Johns beat us in his senior year

Make no mistake, Allen looked terrible playing for us...it took a long time for him to become a middle of the road bb player

I don't think Hinson played 4 years of high school bb, and thus flew under the radar.

Roy Hinson definitely played varsity his sophomore year in HS. I played against him.

Reactions: wheezer

Just for the heck of it, I looked up that freshman class' stats. Hinson and Black had solid first years. Roy averaged over 9 ppg and Black over 10 ppg. Allen only about 2 ppg.

Tverdovs, Taylor’s,
Coach Owens brought his children with him. They had been playing elsewhere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT