ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Cornell Predictions

He’s saying that he’s probably a 174 pounder and with Grello presumably there this year and next, Turley was going to end up wasting a year on the bench either way.

So option A: take a shot at 165, redshirt in year 2
Option B: redshirt year 1, ride bench at 174 in year 2.

Either way his first two years include a redshirt and a year on the bench, but option A at least gave him a chance at 165.
So Turley wasn't the type of recruit that if he redshirted this year still couldn't beat Grello next year? Grello has looked average at best this year.

Speak for yourself when referring to fan base ..he is what he is so knocking him repeatedly helps no one ..you seem to enjoy ripping kids with your keyboard muscles ..it’s getting old so don’t speak for the fan base when not everyone does what you do or feels the way you do ..he works hard and is a great kid ...I don’t think he goes out there trying to disappoint you lol
I’ve learned not to take this message board thing entirely too seriously homie. It’s just good fun for most of us. Give it shot!

So Turley wasn't the type of recruit that if he redshirted this year still couldn't beat Grello next year? Grello has looked average at best this year.
A lot of people were hyping up Turley’s upside when he was first recruited... bc he lets it loose

Sounds like combo of weight mgmt and having Grello in front of him.
I agree he should’ve RS this year and pull it if there’s an injury. Next year we don’t know where his weight will be or if injuries pop up.

Reactions: koleszar
I’ve learned not to take this message board thing entirely too seriously homie. It’s just good fun for most of us. Give it shot!
Ripping kids wrestling in a Division 1 program in the toughest conference in the country as if any of you ever even put on a singlet is not good fun to me ...having an opinion is one thing but a lot of you carry it too far as if your opinion matters ...if it makes you feel big and tough to rip a kid who is going out there doing the best he can and gives you pleasure then carry on ...probably the only thing you guys have in life anyway

On paper in a normal year, this would be a must see dual between 2 of the top wrestling schools in the Northeast. With RU in a minor rebuild and CU with most of its best wrestlers prepping for Tokyo or on RS (Yianni, Max Dean, Darmstadt), some of the luster isn't there. I'm thinking it'll be a close match and RU will be ready with Ashnault and Suriano in the Trapezoid of Terror.

125 Aguilar Win, RU 3-0
133 Alvarez another resume win, RU 6-0
141 Aragona Lose, RU 6-3
149 Angelo Win, RU 9-3
157 MVB Lose, RU 9-6
165 Donner Win, RU 12-6
174 Grello Lose, RU 12-9
184 Janzer Win, RU 15-9
197 Pagano Win, RU 18-9
HVY Esposito Lose, RU 18-12
5-5 in your prediction ...don’t give up your day job ..... .500 ain’t gonna cut it ..you’re predictions suck

Ripping kids wrestling in a Division 1 program in the toughest conference in the country as if any of you ever even put on a singlet is not good fun to me ...having an opinion is one thing but a lot of you carry it too far as if your opinion matters ...if it makes you feel big and tough to rip a kid who is going out there doing the best he can and gives you pleasure then carry on ...probably the only thing you guys have in life anyway
Your overreactions to anonymous internet posters make it seem like this all you have in life. Not really worth getting all bent out of shape because you disagree with some people on the internet my man. As much as you want to, you’re not going to change anyone’s etiquette.

Reactions: SCNJ and koleszar
Your overreactions to anonymous internet posters make it seem like this all you have in life. Not really worth getting all bent out of shape because you disagree with some people on the internet my man. As much as you want to, you’re not going to change anyone’s etiquette.
I already said to have at it if ripping kids gives you so much joy ...I’m sure you were a world class athlete who went through same thing way back when ..lol....your world seems to revolve around ripping kids who don’t meet your expectations but something tells me Goodale doesn’t give a shit about what you and others say behind your keyboard muscles...I also already said if you feel so strongly about how bad a couple kids have been then get off your fat ass and tell them face to face and stop hiding behind your keyboard.

I already said to have at it if ripping kids gives you so much joy ...I’m sure you were a world class athlete who went through same thing way back when ..lol....your world seems to revolve around ripping kids who don’t meet your expectations but something tells me Goodale doesn’t give a shit about what you and others say behind your keyboard muscles...I also already said if you feel so strongly about how bad a couple kids have been then get off your fat ass and tell them face to face and stop hiding behind your keyboard.
Oh...Didn't realize I was speaking to an Olympic medalist. Listen, I understand you’re terribly upset MVB lost again, but there’s a lot of matches left so cheer up buttercup.

Oh...Didn't realize I was speaking to an Olympic medalist. Listen, I understand you’re terribly upset MVB lost again, but there’s a lot of matches left so cheer up buttercup.
Actually I did wrestle but doesn’t give me the rite to incessantly rip kids like you do ..you seem to know nothing about courtesy regarding fellow athletes ..you’re a wanna be athlete who uses your keyboard to give your life some meaning ...you keep saying MVB ...I don’t like that you rip all the kids not just him ..get over yourself ...critiquing is one thing ..what you do something you won’t do to anyone’s face ..don’t like JOJO not elevating his game..tell him ..don’t like Grello and his non offense .,tell him ..stop being a pussy and using your keyboard to flex yourself

Last night upset me more than anyone but these kids will remember this one got away. The kids that lost feel worse than we do so I will not criticize them. They tried but the opponents were better. Sad but true.

Reactions: TRU2RU
Last night upset me more than anyone but these kids will remember this one got away. The kids that lost feel worse than we do so I will not criticize them. They tried but the opponents were better. Sad but true.

I said this many, many times last night. Cornell wrestlers had a better sense of the mat/match and generally had more urgency to get what they needed done and got it done. Jojo and Angelo matches were prime examples. Overall, the team was close but just didn't have enough to overcome some of those intangibles.

Actually I did wrestle but doesn’t give me the rite to incessantly rip kids like you do ..you seem to know nothing about courtesy regarding fellow athletes ..you’re a wanna be athlete who uses your keyboard to give your life some meaning ...you keep saying MVB ...I don’t like that you rip all the kids not just him ..get over yourself ...critiquing is one thing ..what you do something you won’t do to anyone’s face ..don’t like JOJO not elevating his game..tell him ..don’t like Grello and his non offense .,tell him ..stop being a pussy and using your keyboard to flex yourself
Lmao.....keyboard psychiatrist. You’re such a pissant. Probably never made it past districts.

I said this many, many times last night. Cornell wrestlers had a better sense of the mat/match and generally had more urgency to get what they needed done and got it done. Jojo and Angelo matches were prime examples. Overall, the team was close but just didn't have enough to overcome some of those intangibles.

Well, the biggest mistake of the night was from a FLWC wrestler who redshirted last year (Angelo) . Without that, RU may win the night

Lmao.....keyboard psychiatrist. You’re such a pissant. Probably never made it past districts.

Boys, boys, boys...chill out and enjoy this nice Jersey snow.

P.S. What does making it past the district's have to do with knowledge of the sport?

We may have lost the meet, but the match at heavyweight was one of the most important bouts all season. Nice to watch. $$$$

Reactions: R U Crazy

P.S. What does making it past the district's have to do with knowledge of the sport?
Absolutely nothing my guy. If u care to take the time to read any of Harley’s posting history (do so at your own peril), he continually tries to discount and attack other posters by saying they never wrestled or were failures at wrestling or basically sucked at the sport and therefore their opinion is worthless. It was merely a retort to that and a dose of his own medicine.

Don’t worry I don’t pay him no mind ....he gets off ripping kids and has no class....if he truly was ever an athlete he would know better ...he is nothing without his keyboard ..

Absolutely nothing my guy. If u care to take the time to read any of Harley’s posting history (do so at your own peril), he continually tries to discount and attack other posters by saying they never wrestled or were failures at wrestling or basically sucked at the sport and therefore their opinion is worthless. It was merely a retort to that and a dose of his own medicine.
Put your money where your mouth is ..my posts never said anything regarding posters who might have failed at wrestling ....you rip kids incessantly as if your opinion matters ...your damn lucky some kids parent hasn’t confronted you about your big mouth regarding their kid ...then see how tough you are without your keyboard.....

A class act as always WNG ...you get it ..I meant to come down a few seats and say hello last night but you seemed busy with everyone saying hello .you obviously have a great relationship with the kids and coaches ....it was nice to see

Didn’t see the match. How did Angelo get pinned, I read he was up 3-1. Also Aragona, was up too in 3rd

Harley
Come on down my man. I love these kids as if they were my own kids. I truly felt horrible for JoJo, Angelo and MVB. Trust me in that they feel worse than we did. I kept waking up last night replaying those matches in my mind. They will learn from those mistakes. I particularly feel badly for Gerard Angelo who everyone on our team loves as he is a one terrific kid. You don’t think he especially wanted to beat Cornell so badly since he just left there for us? He got so amped that he got caught and boom! Bout over and victory turned into a loss. In 2 or 3 years from now we will look at this class and program and hopefully forget about what happened on January 17, 2020.

Kid took it to JoJo on his feet and got 2 backs at buzzer. Angelo got bear hugged to his back and pinned.

Put your money where your mouth is ..my posts never said anything regarding posters who might have failed at wrestling ....you rip kids incessantly as if your opinion matters ...your damn lucky some kids parent hasn’t confronted you about your big mouth regarding their kid ...then see how tough you are without your keyboard.....
Allow me to play key board psychiatrist for a moment. You project your own personal / professional failures, shortcomings and insecurities onto any poster who does not express opinions you agree with. This leads to an inability to have productive conversations with people whom you disagree with, which leads to an inability for emotional growth.

Allow me to play key board psychiatrist for a moment. You project your own personal / professional failures, shortcomings and insecurities onto any poster who does not express opinions you agree with. This leads to an inability to have productive conversations with people whom you disagree with, which leads to an inability for emotional growth.
Yea I have had failures personally and professionally ...lol....we can match up our successes anytime you want dude ..already said to put your money where your mouth is .....you are a wannabe ...ripping kids gets you some meaning to your life since you probably have nothing else .the kids you incessantly rip are Division 1 athletes in the toughest conference in the country and are getting over a 100k education for free so they are already winners despite you ripping them ..you’re the loser dude!

Yea I have had failures personally and professionally ...lol....we can match up our successes anytime you want dude ..already said to put your money where your mouth is .....you are a wannabe ...ripping kids gets you some meaning to your life since you probably have nothing else .the kids you incessantly rip are Division 1 athletes in the toughest conference in the country and are getting over a 100k education for free so they are already winners despite you ripping them ..you’re the loser dude!
How do you really feel though?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT