ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Nebraska / Game Thread - BigTen Tournament Round One

That was an embarrassing half of basketball. We were outplayed by ourselves with the turnovers. Inexcusable this late in the season to be that loose with the ball.

Reactions: DennisHajekRC84
Alright coaching staff, this isnt even a hard adjustment. Get the freakin ball inside. Honestly it’s kind of mind blowing the players themselves cant figure this out. Instead we have myles flashing at the 3 point line in our “offense”

12-4 run last 6 minutes....RU had the ball 21-14 and then choked since

only Eugene came to play

RU looks poorly coached...this on Pike....he better clean it up in the lockerroom, he has done it before with his speeches and adjustments

there is literally nothing Nebby is doing to cause us to be losing

As bad as the broadcast has been, it's been better than Rutgers performance.

Palmer and Roby will step up. Who will for Rutgers.

I know coach is gonna get into them at half. But again. Another wasted 1st half.

Our BB IQ is non-existent tonight. Three charges? WTF! A ton of TO's. We should be winning this damn game by at least 10 points. We just kept beating ourselves out there. It's time for Pike to lay into them at the half. That was a $hit-show first half.

Reactions: RUsince52
We look like the no. 20 seed in a play in game. Just about everything we shouldn't do, we're doing. OE goes almost 20 minutes between foul shots.

Limit the turnovers, pound it inside and get Nebby in foul trouble. Should be up by 10 right now. Sad half of basketball

Step it up rutgers . This will be one of the worst losses ever. But I expect more in the second half and to get out of here with the required victory

We should be giving the ball to Johnson all night. No one can stop him underneath. We have to stop settling for jump shots and work the damn ball inside!

Disgusting. We should be up by 15 - 20 and instead we are down to a team with 6 scholarship players. And their best guys aren’t even playing well! 11 turnovers in the half???

11 TOs, 10 fouls to 5 and 7 for NE. That makes up for us shooting 53%, while they're shooting 32%. We just look so out of sync. What the hell happened to Geo the last several games? He's just been dreadful on offense, especially. Before the game, my biggest concern was our psyche after the Thiam mess, which I think really hurt us at IU and is hurting us tonight.

Horrendous shooting and ball handling by both teams.The disappearing act by Baker and Mathis in the back court is alarming.I stated in the prediction thread that Palmer would live on the foul line which resulted in Mathis getting in foul trouble.Eugene playing with a injured leg is the only Rutgers player with a pulse on offense.The team has been sleep walking the first half allowing Nebraska to take the lead at half time 26-25..Pikiell better give the team a rousing half time talk .

Why we've sucked:

1) We can't stop any penetration.
2) There is no offensive discipline.
3) We're being led by a very mediocre player in Baker, who quite honestly doesn't play with a lot of balls.

Mulcahy can’t get here quick enough. Atrocious watching the turnovers. Get the ball inside.

Reactions: Scangg
12-4 run last 6 minutes....RU had the ball 21-14 and then choked since

only Eugene came to play

RU looks poorly coached...this on Pike....he better clean it up in the lockerroom, he has done it before with his speeches and adjustments

there is literally nothing Nebby is doing to cause us to be losing
Think you forgot Myles Johnson. Yes first have not a good one but only down 1. Lot of freshman jitters in their first Big Ten Tourney. Huskers depth will obviously be tested in the second half

RU shooting 10-19

Nebby 10-29

and we are losing...lmfao

11 turnovers for RU to 5 on Nebby

you do not deserve to win when you turn it over like that..its game 31 boys not 12.....very very disappointed, there is no tomorrow

our 3 bigs have one foul between that.....lmfao....not good...playing soft and Nebby allowed to drive in

My HS coach used to tell us, if you have no fouls, you aren’t playing defense hard enough. Don’t necessarily believe that but there is some truth to it

Reactions: bac2therac
Hopefully they start showing heavy legs in the second half but damn we need to step it upppp

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT