ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers vs Nebraska / Game Thread - BigTen Tournament Round One

Win this game and top off this amazing season. I’d put this as an equivalent to the 2005 football season. Good spurts, so close to the promised land, lots of hope that were right on the cusp. Top it off tonight

Reactions: zebnatto
Win this game and top off this amazing season. I’d put this as an equivalent to the 2005 football season. Good spurts, so close to the promised land, lots of hope that were right on the cusp. Top it off tonight

Yes. To me tonight is crucial. Just win.

It's funny how almost all the announcers mention how good our rebounding is and the length on our team. Then we go out and get out rebounded by the opponent. Plus we give up some easy put backs at crucial points late in the game. I know by than we're probably in foul trouble, but no reason not to body up around the basket. No excuse for not playing well tonight especially with a personnel advantage.

It's funny how almost all the announcers mention how good our rebounding is and the length on our team. Then we go out and get out rebounded by the opponent. Plus we give up some easy put backs at crucial points late in the game. I know by than we're probably in foul trouble, but no reason not to body up around the basket. No excuse for not playing well tonight especially with a personnel advantage.
We rank 25th in the country in rebounding. It's an easy and obvious talking point.

Come out with def intensity. Attack the rim. Don’t settle for jumpers

Like I said in another thread, we need to pound it inside and get them in foul trouble - I'll be disappointed if we take more than about 10 treys.

2nd foul on Nebby

RU defensive is excellent

Geo active defensively

RU already up 6-3 on the boards

I love the start

Mathis getting untracked early..please make free throws

We should wear them down. That said, we've been beaten off the dribble almost every time on defense thus far. That's why we commit a lot of fouls.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT