ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Rutgers vs Northwestern / Game Thread

The worse part of this embarrassing performance is that Rutgers has one of the most experienced starting lineups in the Big Ten and yet they are playing like newcomers .To compound the problem the bench is a total no show.

Team flat out stinks.

Had a few upsets but we are a bottom 4 team in the BIG and probably will wind up there at the end of the season, winning maybe 2 more games.

Pathetic season.
Based on the shit show tonight, winning two more games may be a pipe dream.

Biggest problem to me is the lack of any hope for next season. Going to be a historically bad year as I have no hope Pike will get any difference makers in the portal

Reactions: rucoe89
It's funny because Jones is exactly the type of player we should be targeting in the portal (former highly ranked recruit who didn't play much/wants a change of scenery. AKA the Jacob Young plan)

Is a gigantic blunder by Pike to add to a growing number of misses..Agee, Hyatt,Reiber, Palmquist, etc

Reactions: Mr Magoo
This was my exact thought when they mentioned it on TV. Pike acts like he’s tried everything to turnaround the slow starts yet he throws out the same 5 to start every game
So simple..yet so true. He’s afraid of his players

Reactions: tm_nj
He also looks a yodel shy of 260
Cracked a halftime potential rally (lose by 7) beer and now half is on the floor. This is gold.

He seems to legit gain 20 pounds as the season goes. Constantly unprepared. Making this big I’m going to the NBA after this season speech during preseason was not smart. Should of let his game talk, which it isn’t. Looks silly.

Northwestern is 13th in the conference in offensive 2P% at 45% (we're last).

Northwestern shot 10-14 on two pointers in the first half. Many many many of that was dunks and layups. The defense has been awful.

Reactions: rume
If I were Pike. I’d start Jaden the rest of the season. Let him take the lumps and learn, at minimum give him 15 minutes a game or he’s probably gone. So idiotic.

well.. they started out trying to play team offense.. but Ron did not get involved.. Geo did but not as a shooter... then they reverted to one on some moves that went nowhere resulting in desperation.

Again, with WHO?! We have NO SCORERS!
Anything with a pulse is better than Caleb on Offense he is a negative offensive efficiency void and unfortunately he can't defend his, Geo's and Paul's man at the same time so what is the point of having him out there.

Reactions: MV9000
Cracked a halftime potential rally (lose by 7) beer and now half is on the floor. This is gold.

He seems to legit gain 20 pounds as the season goes. Constantly unprepared. Making this big I’m going to the NBA after this season speech during preseason was not smart. Should of let his game talk, which it isn’t. Looks silly.
He likes the goodies in vending machines. Nothing wrong with that. Lol

Reactions: MV9000
Will be interesting to see if we respond in the 2nd half. I’m not sure of that.

Sure looks like blowout city.

@BigEastPhil same here as I’m sure you do. Only difference is me and you aren’t claiming we’re heading to the NBA hahaha

Will be interesting to see if we respond in the 2nd half. I’m not sure of that.

Sure looks like blowout city.
It's going to end up like the Maryland game. We might make the final score respectable but it will never be close.

Reactions: rume
Same pathetic play over and over and God forbid Jones plays
Not sure Jones adds much either. This "Best Team Ever" has costing Pikiell credibility with the fan base. Not all, as there are those clearly behind him, but many others.

I'll say it again. Team has regressed due to poor coaching, we miss the 3 guys people said we wouldn't, no pure shooters on this team, recruiting has been bad. All falls on the coach. This team isn't even in line for an NIT bid with the upcoming schedule and the way we're playing. I think Pike has peaked. Props to him for getting us this far but the writing is on the wall. No players are beating down the door to come here. He messed up not building on our last 2 seasons. Damn shame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT