ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers will introduce an added layer of safety to the entry procedure into SHI Stadium as security enhancements will be utilized at...

I don’t think there will be body cavity searches (I know you’re being funny) but I could see a bunch of people with wands yelling at you to empty your pockets like the airport. It is what it is. It’s a soft target right now.
on a nice cold, wet snowy November- "take your shoes and belts off" lol

Stadiums are now using newer technology to speed up security bottle necks at the entrance gates but somehow Rutgers is slowing it down. You can't make it up sometimes.
All about $$$ and competency.

Reactions: R Flag
Does nobody else realize that having a massive bottleneck of thousands of people trying to enter the stadium actually creates a more dangerous situation? Imagine you were planning some sort of attack, you wouldn't need to get inside the stadium to take out a ton of people, you just need to do it right around kickoff when there are thousands of sitting ducks all crammed together much more tightly than they are once they get inside. Reminds me of high school when we would do those bomb threat drills and have every single person in the school evacuate and sit on the bleachers--well great, now they know they could wipe out the entire school by just putting the bomb under the bleachers. So utterly ridiculous that people actually think this stuff makes us safer.

Does nobody else realize that having a massive bottleneck of thousands of people trying to enter the stadium actually creates a more dangerous situation? Imagine you were planning some sort of attack, you wouldn't need to get inside the stadium to take out a ton of people, you just need to do it right around kickoff when there are thousands of sitting ducks all crammed together much more tightly than they are once they get inside. Reminds me of high school when we would do those bomb threat drills and have every single person in the school evacuate and sit on the bleachers--well great, now they know they could wipe out the entire school by just putting the bomb under the bleachers. So utterly ridiculous that people actually think this stuff makes us safer.

Actually I didn’t realize this. Until now. Thanks a lot

Reactions: IL Lusciato
so there will be "an added layer of security at all entry points" but they are not telling us what that extra layer of security is. Brilliant! Let's not prepare the fans so it can be extra hard to get into the stadium

My top 3 guesses for the extra security:

metal detectors
Body cavity searches
TSA wands
Doesn’t say “ enhancements will be used at Scarlet/White game?” So everyone will know what they are, right?

The study/report that RU produced for HSA highlighted this as the greater risk.

BTW, the new standard for a school bomb drill is to stay indoors. For reasons similar to what you pointed out, but also because of potential gunmen laying in wait in the case of a real phoned in bomb threat. We had a drill yesterday.

Reactions: ldwnmas
Just waiting for TSA style pre approval to skip the line...for a not so small fee of course...
As long as we can still keep our shoes on not worried about the extra wait.
Always wonder why they don’t stagger the entrance security positions by moving the checkpoints further out. Funnel the masses in and the delays would be reduced.

Reactions: AreYouNUTS
Maybe....maybe not. Could be the enhancements aren't in yet.
It’s a week away, right? I’m sure they know whether or not they’re going to be in or wouldn’t advertise as such (at this point).

Last edited:
I guess they had to do something given all the guns, knives and bombs that got past security last year.

I was afraid to go to games in the past with all the weapons fans where walking around with. So thank God their finally clamping down on folks bringing their Glock's and AK-47's to the games. I feel much safer already.

Reactions: dstrom21
Sad to see the stupid cavalier attitudes by some. If people let their guard down don’t expect any sympathy in a worse case scenario . We are entering a very dangerous point in safety for people in this country. This ain’t the late 60’s -70’s.

Thread ender right there.
While it’s a logical thought, it’s not accurate.

Terrorists want to spread mass fear that paralyzes their enemies. The death-toll is icing on the cake, as opposed to the primary goal.

Blowing up any college football stadium, even if only half full, works just great for their purposes. Blowing up multiple stadiums on the same weekend, or sequentially over the course of a month, works even better, regardless of the death toll. Not because of increased death toll; because it increases people’s sense of “it could happen here too”.

Think of it this way. Killing 4 people in 25 shopping malls all across the nation (100 deaths) will create much more fear than killing 200 people at one mall in one attack (using the same technique). Some techniques create more fear than others, using a bio weapon for instance. So technique alters the fear equation.

Anyway, the priority of a stadium attack would be to choose the softest targets using the scariest technique with the best chance of success. Number of casualties is secondary.

The best defense is being the hardest target with the best security most likey to disrupt the attack. You don’t want to be the slowest runner in your group when a bear attacks.

Last edited:
Clearly it’s just physiological to get people in line sooner. They should just print tickets with half an hour early start time.

Reactions: mildone
Clearly it’s just physiological to get people in line sooner. They should just print tickets with half an hour early start time.
😀

I mean, it’d probably even work for a little while at least.

America and every freedom loving country needs to keep it's guard up 24/7/365
but also needs not to use the threat of terrorism for a political advantage by crying wolf over everything they can .
Do that too often and the public starts to wonder if the that is really as bad as claimed or the claim of needing to be on guard 24/7/365 isn't true because of all the non terrorists threats being claimed as threats by politicians who constantly are crying wolf over perceived threats, by some groups, while looking the other way at other threats of a domestic terrorist nature

While it’s a logical thought, it’s not accurate.

Terrorists want to spread mass fear that paralyzes their enemies. The death-toll is icing on the cake, as opposed to the primary goal.

Blowing up any college football stadium, even if only half full, works just great for their purposes. Blowing up multiple stadiums on the same weekend, or sequentially over the course of a month, works even better, regardless of the death toll. Not because of increased death toll; because it increases people’s sense of “it could happen here too”.

Think of it this way. Killing 4 people in 25 shopping malls all across the nation (100 deaths) will creat much more fear than killing 200 people at one mall in one attack (using the same technique). Some techniques create more fresh than others, using a bio weapon for instance. So technique alters the fear equation.

Anyway, the priority of a stadium attack would be to choose the softest targets using the scariest technique with the best chance of success. Number of casualties is secondary.

The best defense is being the hardest target with the best security most likey to disrupt the attack. You don’t want to be the slowest runner in your group when a bear attacks.
Guess the joke went over your head - I had no intention of being logical nor accurate - was just responding to a hilarious post. Carry on.

Actually I didn’t realize this. Until now. Thanks a lot
Even more reason to leave the tailgate early and get into the stadium before kickoff lol

The study/report that RU produced for HSA highlighted this as the greater risk.

BTW, the new standard for a school bomb drill is to stay indoors. For reasons similar to what you pointed out, but also because of potential gunmen laying in wait in the case of a real phoned in bomb threat. We had a drill yesterday.
Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean in that first sentence and I didn't see that report. What was determined to be the greater risk?

As for the bomb drill, I guess that's better, but when I was in high school I always said if we ever had an actual bomb scare, I was just going to exit the school and go the opposite direction of everyone else. I know they want to keep track of where everyone is but I'm trying to avoid being in harm's way.

RU needs a SEASON TICKET ONLY Fast pass entry lane that the season ticket holder would have the ability to self scan only for a season ticket holder... geez it could be a paper ticket that you print out for each game or facial recognition...
I think allowing some people to skip the security measures kind of defeats the purpose of even having them, but I wonder if having an entrance just for season ticket holders would allow us to get in faster. There's something to this idea.

Emphasis on the key part of this post. Paper tickets scan faster.

Sad to see the stupid cavalier attitudes by some. If people let their guard down don’t expect any sympathy in a worse case scenario . We are entering a very dangerous point in safety for people in this country. This ain’t the late 60’s -70’s.
Good thing it isn't the late 60's - 70's, what with Weather Underground running around bombing police stations, the Capitol Building, etc.

Reactions: Knight Shift
America and every freedom loving country needs to keep it's guard up 24/7/365
but also needs not to use the threat of terrorism for a political advantage by crying wolf over everything they can .
Do that too often and the public starts to wonder if the that is really as bad as claimed or the claim of needing to be on guard 24/7/365 isn't true because of all the non terrorists threats being claimed as threats by politicians who constantly are crying wolf over perceived threats, by some groups, while looking the other way at other threats of a domestic terrorist nature
So what are the odds of terrorism threats today in the US? Are they greater than even the early 2000’s? With the entry of millions of illegal border crossovers , undocumented entries into who knows where the chances are good there are some who intent upon causing chaos and harm to America. Proclaiming that it’s being overhyped by politicians for political gain is a total admission you don’t really care. We seem to never learn. Is everything released by media and DC to the public accurate? Time for people to take the actions going on around us much more serious.

When we become this relevant as a target, soft or hard, is when we’ve made it.

Good for those looking out for us, but just don’t see it.

Emphasis on the key part of this post. Paper tickets scan faster.
Just not true. it makes no difference to the scanner. Never had an issue with my NJ transit or plane tickets. Most of the delay is ticket owner error. Down load it to wallet the night before and you are all set.

Reactions: RU848789
When we become this relevant as a target, soft or hard, is when we’ve made it.

Good for those looking out for us, but just don’t see it.
I guess September 11 th was an aberration? We had many back then who “ just didn’t see it”… blind leading the blind.

Even more reason to leave the tailgate early and get into the stadium before kickoff lol

Sorry, I'm not sure what you mean in that first sentence and I didn't see that report. What was determined to be the greater risk?

As for the bomb drill, I guess that's better, but when I was in high school I always said if we ever had an actual bomb scare, I was just going to exit the school and go the opposite direction of everyone else. I know they want to keep track of where everyone is but I'm trying to avoid being in harm's way.

CCICADA is based at RU. Page 102 addresses patron access and the need to manage queue length.

I guess September 11 th was an aberration? We had many back then who “ just didn’t see it”… blind leading the blind.
Boy does a lot of stuff fly right over your head because of your proclivity to argue and think you are the only one who is right. Strike 2 in this thread Bobby.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Local Shill
Biy does a lot of stuff fly right over your head because of your proclivity to argue and think you are the only one who is right. Strike 2 in this thread Bobby.
You really should not use big words you don’t ( proclivity) understand… not arguing … just an opinion … nice to see you are paying attention. Is that your 60k th post😜….It is not about anyone being wrong or right. You would be one of the first to whine about how this could happen… You have a false sense of security it seems.

You really should not use big words you don’t ( proclivity) understand… not arguing … just an opinion … nice to see you are paying attention. Is that your 60k th post😜….It is not about anyone being wrong or right. You would be one of the first to whine about how this could happen… You have a false sense of security it seems.
I'm sorry Booby, maybe it should have been proctology, because something is always up your ass and you are an ornery cuss.🤔

• Haha
Reactions: Rutgers Chris
I'm sorry Booby, maybe it should have been proctology, because something is always up your ass and you are an ornery cuss.🤔
I’m sure you realize how important that is ? I think your obsession with objects and insertions is a constant with you. Remember good things don’t hurt😜👍🏻… most who dwell upon that type of act usually have experienced it for years.Sounds like yo enjoy that🪓🪓🪓🪓

Just not true. it makes no difference to the scanner. Never had an issue with my NJ transit or plane tickets. Most of the delay is ticket owner error. Down load it to wallet the night before and you are all set.
I never had an issue either until I had an issue. I always had my tickets downloaded to the wallet but for whatever reason they couldn't scan some of my tickets for the first game last season. We waited at the entrance until halfway through the first quarter, along with a few other people that had the same problem, for some sort of manager to come by. But even when there aren't issues, they certainly are slower. Just watch the entry as it happens, it takes a bit longer for the phone screen to be read by the scanner, and when there are multiple tickets you have to stop and swipe to the next one, and that adds up a lot when there are thousands of people. With paper tickets it was mostly continuous movement. It isn't a coincidence that entry started to take much longer once they introduced the digital tickets.

I have a book downstairs from a work class I took in the 90s after the first bombing.

On the cover is a picture of the WTC with bullseye almost exactly where the first plane hit.

As we were told in the class it was never “if” it would happen again it was a “when” scenario.

So yeah, some of us in the know at many levels saw it and knew it was only a matter of time.

Might something happen again? Sure.

Something organized at Rutgers, be it the Stadium or RAC? Doubtful.

That doesn’t discount the lone wolf actor. Because as the Secret Service has told us in certain briefings some of us are privy to when POTUS visits NYC…if they really want to get him, they’ll get him.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT