ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers will introduce an added layer of safety to the entry procedure into SHI Stadium as security enhancements will be utilized at...

Don’t forget the bombing when the blind Sheik was on trial… the ship in port where we lost many Marine’s … to say … well it’s going to happen so that makes it ok? No… I don’t and people should not accept that type thinking. At least understand who the enemy is.We are for some odd reason finding that people shrug their shoulders at these threats. It appears US intelligence believes it should be a concern.

I never had an issue either until I had an issue. I always had my tickets downloaded to the wallet but for whatever reason they couldn't scan some of my tickets for the first game last season. We waited at the entrance until halfway through the first quarter, along with a few other people that had the same problem, for some sort of manager to come by. But even when there aren't issues, they certainly are slower. Just watch the entry as it happens, it takes a bit longer for the phone screen to be read by the scanner, and when there are multiple tickets you have to stop and swipe to the next one, and that adds up a lot when there are thousands of people. With paper tickets it was mostly continuous movement. It isn't a coincidence that entry started to take much longer once they introduced the digital tickets.
If there is an issue with the scanner, paper tickets would have the same issue. Having to swip left to get to the next ticket is the same as presenting a new ticket to swipe. Yes, some people seem to have trouble on how to use their phone, but not a scanning issue.

Reactions: rutgersfan1766
Thanks. While I disagree with their assessment that we are safer despite the long bottlenecks at every entrance, I'm glad it has at least been taken into consideration.
I agree with you. At SHI RU is acting contrary to their own recommendations. The long queues at SHI probably create a greater risk to fans than the security measures that are meant to reduce risk. Sorry I wasn’t very clear in my original post.

If there is an issue with the scanner, paper tickets would have the same issue. Having to swip left to get to the next ticket is the same as presenting a new ticket to swipe. Yes, some people seem to have trouble on how to use their phone, but not a scanning issue.
Well we're just not going to agree on this. It sure seems to me that entry started taking much longer the year they switched to digital tickets. It seems pretty obvious to me watching the tickets being scanned that each one takes at least a split second longer for the scanner to read than a paper ticket, and that's not even accounting for the people who can't get the ticket to load, have to adjust their brightness, etc.

Reactions: bac2therac
Well we're just not going to agree on this. It sure seems to me that entry started taking much longer the year they switched to digital tickets. It seems pretty obvious to me watching the tickets being scanned that each one takes at least a split second longer for the scanner to read than a paper ticket, and that's not even accounting for the people who can't get the ticket to load, have to adjust their brightness, etc.
Trust me. It would not be an issue if Ash was still coaching. I fully expect this year will be even longer lines. That’s a good thing.

What I really wish they would do is close off the roadway leading to the Hale Center to any car traffic and "extend the gate" out to where it really begins on the sidewalk there. you could increase the number of scanners and then funnel through to the proper entrance.

RU needs a SEASON TICKET ONLY Fast pass entry lane that the season ticket holder would have the ability to self scan only for a season ticket holder... geez it could be a paper ticket that you print out for each game or facial recognition...
was just gonna mention facial recognition... Disney is going to that... and they already have all manner of electronic device ticket stuff in use... fingerprints, phones, cards.. take your pick.

But everyone bringing in a phone, though kind of expected at this point.. just seems like printed tickets worked well enough.

Well, per the Rutgers email yesterday, the enhancements will "be at select gates prior to the Scarlet-White game" and will be at all gates in time for the 2024 season

• Angry
Reactions: Empty Stadium
a

It’s time for RU to get with the times. Going to a game at the other Big Ten schools, Nebraska for example it’s like going to Disneyland. Clemson, Wisconsin this is how it’s done. We’re not playing Lehigh on homecoming anymore

a

It’s time for RU to get with the times. Going to a game at the other Big Ten schools, Nebraska for example it’s like going to Disneyland. Clemson, Wisconsin this is how it’s done. We’re not playing Lehigh on homecoming anymore
You mean people don’t tailgate outside instead of going into the games. You would be amazed how easy you can go into the stadium if you get to the gates 20 mins before KO.

RU needs a SEASON TICKET ONLY Fast pass entry lane that the season ticket holder would have the ability to self scan only for a season ticket holder... geez it could be a paper ticket that you print out for each game or facial recognition...

• Haha
Reactions: HPNJRUfan
Yes, all those migrant invaders, liberals, communists, terrorists, transgendered folks and so many others of THEM are coming after US.. Dangerous indeed. Run for the hills. The vermin are coming.
You would be one of the first to shit your pants “ when it happens again”. Your stupidity speaks volumes.

You would be one of the first to shit your pants “ when it happens again”. Your stupidity speaks volumes.
You can't live your life in fear. Fear mongering helps no one. And sometimes it borders on paranoia and demagoguery.

Last edited:
Reactions: mildone
You can't live your life in fear. Fear mongering helps no one. And sometimes it borders on paranoia and demagoguery.
Trust this I don’t live in fear but what I did learn from my military time is always stay alert . History repeats itself and sadly human nature causes people to think it’ll never happen. BTW: this chaos on campuses is no different than 1933-1938 in Germany.So call it whatever you like but it’s not looking promising for the younger folks.

Reactions: bac2therac
Trust this I don’t live in fear but what I did learn from my military time is always stay alert . History repeats itself and sadly human nature causes people to think it’ll never happen. BTW: this chaos on campuses is no different than 1933-1938 in Germany.So call it whatever you like but it’s not looking promising for the younger folks.
The only ones looking to burn and ban books like in 1933 Germany are you and your CE cronies and idols,

Love all the new posters names.

I think it's the same person.

Yeah, it's like a cowardly little chihuahua cringing in the bushes yapping at you. Not shocked it occurs when the tailgate and game are actually going on. Here are its current iterations:

tE0bR84.jpg

I don’t like slowing down the entrance process as it’s already too slow.
But in today’s world I can see why they are doing it.
Much more of a lone gunman threat than terrorism, but it is definitely a thing.

I hope you dont have to empty your pockets
I have a solution that would solve this problem but I do not believe the athletic department has the will to implement it.
Have all patrons completely disrobe in the parking lot and enter the stadium with nothing but their phones. For those who are uncomfortable being completely naked they would be allowed to wear clear plastic bags over the private parts of their bodies.
While this solution may be slightly problematic for late season games, we can just remove all the seats so fans can huddle together for warmth.
Not sure why I have not heard back from the athletic department yet but I have to assume they are commissioning a study to seriously consider this plan. No more worrying that the person in front of me is hiding a bomb and no bottlenecks into the stadium. This would propel rutgers as an innovator of stadium security protocols.

• Haha
Reactions: MrsScrew
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT