ADVERTISEMENT

Sad News- Northern Knight has Passed Away

Such unexpected news. Prayers and condolences go out to his family and friends. I did notice he wasnt posting as often.

Did not know him personally though we exchanged messages. I respected NK here more than any other poster. His ability to concisely hit on the topics of the day with well thought out arguments was unmatched here. Plus he cut through alot of the bullshit partisan posturing. Seemed like a guy who really valued the idea of family and would talk about his own often.. Not only a tremendous loss to our message board community but in life as well. RIP Northern Knight
Nice tribute bac

Sad to hear the bad news about Northern Knight
Though I didn't know him personally he seemed someone
I wouldn't mind knowing
My condolences to his family and friends and everyone
on the TKR board that liked and respected the way he posted.

RIP. Did not know him, but remember many posts on the football boards. He was a very loyal fan. This was representative:

"
"What if we go 4-0 or 5-0 or…
I love dreaming big. It’s the best part of being a fan."

From what I recall, he was CEO of a bank in Mass and retired before Covid. He moved to Pennsylvania to be close to family. He was a respectful conservative poster with a calm demeanor that didn't resort to insulting other. I remember him posting for about 10-15 years, had numerous discussion on the board. Way too early at 64 years old.

Condolences to his family.

Last edited:
Just seeing this. Such incredibly sad news.

Got to know NK a bit, back in 2019. I knew there were some health concerns. But didn't expect this. He was a class act and gentleman, very intelligent and thoughtful.

I'm seriously bummed out about this. Damn.

Didn’t know him other than his posts.

But, from them, it was obvious he was a smart, considerate, decent, moral man. We are better to have “known” him, the world is less without him.

And to his “adversaries” on the board - the fact that so many are here, and giving respects and thoughts…well…it really speaks to YOUR character as well. It also shows that so much unites us, rather than divides us. I’m sure @NorthernKnight would say the same…

But, from them, it was obvious he was a smart, considerate, decent, moral man. We are better to have “known” him, the world is less without him.

And to his “adversaries” on the board - the fact that so many are here, and giving respects and thoughts…well…it really speaks to YOUR character as well. It also shows that so much unites us, rather than divides us. I’m sure @NorthernKnight would say the same…
Funny you should say that--- the band Extreme released a video for a single today called The Mask, and it addresses this very thing. The beginning of the video has a message: "Hiding behind their masks, they gain power and control, by keeping us fighting with each other... United as one human race we stand. Divided, we fall."

Some of the lyrics are quite on point:
"we’re all the things that we want to defeat"
"we’re everything that we need to pretend"

"I’ll take the blame for all my sins
but I won’t take the hate
for what you imagine…"

Apologies for the intrusion on this thread, but what you said above and thinking of Northern Knight and the various disagreements and agreements many of us have on this boards connected with what you said and this song. In memory of Northern Knight, let's work on being kinder to each other, despite our points of disagreement, and focus on things that unite us.

NK was wonderful at standing up for his position/belief without making or thinking anyone was his "adversary". Just saying what he thought was right. Since he grew up in Milltown and I did in East Brunswick, we had a bunch of fun chats about local politics.

Even though I only knew him through a screen you can tell he was a good soul.
He was always a gentleman over on the CE board.
I remember his St. Patrick’s Day threads and him speaking so fondly of his grandkids.
Although we don’t know one another, I pray for his family during this time.

Life is so short.
Cherish every moment you have on this earth.

Damn, that sucks. NK was an excellent poster who seemed like a very successful, well-rounded guy both in his career and in raising his family - I always enjoyed his stories about both. We were very well aligned on sports topics and not so well aligned on politics, but I always respected the way he debated topics and learned quite a few things from him over the years. He will be missed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT