ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday scores and it's a wild one

mdk01

Hall of Famer
Aug 18, 2011
Harvard's goalie, who had a 42% save rate on the season, is an unconscious 67% as they beat Cornell 10-8 in Cambridge. Brown upsets Penn 12-11 in Providence. Syracuse beats Princeton

Goal 6 for the Irish is a Sportscenter Top 10.

A behind the back pass in the slot and a behind the back shot for a goal with 1 second left on the shot clock was one of the best I've ever seen.

Our schedule closes out very tough with road trips to Charlottesville and Chapel Hill.

Long way to go.

Goal 6 for the Irish is a Sportscenter Top 10.

A behind the back pass in the slot and a behind the back shot for a goal with 1 second left on the shot clock was one of the best I've ever seen.

Our schedule closes out very tough with road trips to Charlottesville and Chapel Hill.

Long way to go.
Would take knoblochs goal over that. It took much more skill to Ping a corner on a dead run cutting down your angle like that.

ND goal was nice but honestly any starting D1 kids given than situation.could make take that play. Crowds love BTBs but these kids can do that in their sleep now

I don’t see too many that can score rhat goal for. 13 yards out rhat Shane hit.

Reactions: Wagram97
Would take knoblochs goal over that. It took much more skill to Ping a corner on a dead run cutting down your angle like that.

ND goal was nice but honestly any starting D1 kids given than situation.could make take that play. Crowds love BTBs but these kids can do that in their sleep now

I don’t see too many that can score rhat goal for. 13 yards out rhat Shane hit.
For that OT win over Princeton, still have no idea how Knobloch (1) found Kulas and (2) managed to put the ball in the exact spot if needed to be for the assist in all of, what, 2 seconds.

And that Knobloch shot in OT against Michigan, was joking with my son, that anyone else takes that shot, the ball goes wide by about 20 feet in either direction.

The conference tournaments in the following leagues are going to be electric.

B1G
IVY
PL
Big East

I mean I really don’t think you can predict who’s gonna win AQ’s in any of these leagues at this point.

Who is gonna get hot in one week the first week of May???!!! Honestly that’s what we’re staring at right now

B1G is wild - You could pick any of the 6 to go on a run…

Ivy - Look at the scores today. I’d still favor Cornell but who knows now

Big East - I was thinking Nova, but they just got run by Denver. Gtown? Denver? Nova? Who knows. Anything’s possible IMO

PL - Anybody can beat anybody on a hot night with a great goalie night or a good FO matchup…I’d favor Army today, but I’m not gonna burry Lehigh or Loyola or BU just yet…and Navy had tons of injuries early but they’re getting better at the right time…I mean who is gonna get hot over a 5-6 day run…anyone can win it

Buckle up. I have no idea who’s winning the AQ in these leagues…zero clue

For that OT win over Princeton, still have no idea how Knobloch (1) found Kulas and (2) managed to put the ball in the exact spot if needed to be for the assist in all of, what, 2 seconds.

And that Knobloch shot in OT against Michigan, was joking with my son, that anyone else takes that shot, the ball goes wide by about 20 feet in either direction.
Absolutely. Most players would have tried to rip high heat and missed the cage. That was pure precision. Extremely high level of difficulty and awareness.

That said, the Princeton assist was even more impressive. There are maybe a handful of players in all of lacrosse that are capable of executing that dodge and feed.

The conference tournaments in the following leagues are going to be electric.

B1G
IVY
PL
Big East

I mean I really don’t think you can predict who’s gonna win AQ’s in any of these leagues at this point.

Who is gonna get hot in one week the first week of May???!!! Honestly that’s what we’re staring at right now

B1G is wild - You could pick any of the 6 to go on a run…

Ivy - Look at the scores today. I’d still favor Cornell but who knows now

Big East - I was thinking Nova, but they just got run by Denver. Gtown? Denver? Nova? Who knows. Anything’s possible IMO

PL - Anybody can beat anybody on a hot night with a great goalie night or a good FO matchup…I’d favor Army today, but I’m not gonna burry Lehigh or Loyola or BU just yet…and Navy had tons of injuries early but they’re getting better at the right time…I mean who is gonna get hot over a 5-6 day run…anyone can win it

Buckle up. I have no idea who’s winning the AQ in these leagues…zero clue

One key fact about Cornell and the Ivies. Cornell has played virtually the whole season without Michael Long at attack. A lot like Rutgers playing without Cameron if not more serious. He is not gone for the season. If I were them I'd hold him out until the last regular season game and let him (hopefully) fully heal.

Every now and then Knobloch just goes Neo in Matrix. You can see him moving not just his guy around to a position of vulnerability, but the slides behind that guy. It’s how he found Kulas in the Princeton game. That was as elite as you get.

The finish yesterday showed his physical gifts. Kid has some insanely snappy wrists.

See that one handed left hand goal he had last year.

His highlight reel would compete with anyones.

The RU losses aside, this lacrosse season has been as fun as any. I'm just praying for another tourney appearance because this program, great as it is, is still not at its apex.....and tourney appearances/exposure are critical. The respect the program has garnered is showing up in the weekly standings when we win and when we lose. Now I want to see it on selection days like rbled mentioned. A lax only facility, even better recruiting.....it is all right in front of us.

Lax only facility, NIL, Stick fund. Those are the areas where fans can make difference.

There will be an opportunity to donate the stadium very soon.

The RU losses aside, this lacrosse season has been as fun as any. I'm just praying for another tourney appearance because this program, great as it is, is still not at its apex.....and tourney appearances/exposure are critical. The respect the program has garnered is showing up in the weekly standings when we win and when we lose. Now I want to see it on selection days like rbled mentioned. A lax only facility, even better recruiting.....it is all right in front of us.
Winning draws eyes

Making the tourney draws eyes

Winning in the tourney draws eyes

Getting to a final four draws eyes

RU was close in 2016/2017…had some nice teams but those teams came up short…

2021 and 2022 teams were elite and broke down doors for RU…the lacrosse world noticed and RU is now elevated to regular discussions about strong programs and top 10 rankings…

Getting back to the NCAA this year keeps momentum going…but for this team to make it, it’s gonna need at least 2 more big wins (including the BTT)…and probably 3…not impossible but it’s gonna be hard.

BTW…they’re honoring the 2022 final four team next Sunday night at the Maryland game. That should be fun. Sorry that I’ll miss that one. Fans should show up to thank that team one more time…yup I’m biased 😉

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT