ADVERTISEMENT

SCARLET KNIGHT STATUE

Wow - I can’t believe this is finally happening. This is way past overdue. I just visited U of Wisconsin and the amount of Badger statues around campus and in town is ridiculous. But Madison clearly takes a lot of pride in their team and the school. Most colleges and universities have a major statue dedicated to their namesake. Nice to see RU get on board and have one of their most gracious donors, come to the rescue again.

The new statue is phenomenal! Garutti's are awesome!

VX3Q5U65OZGPDKT4DZ4HM675BU.jpeg

Dear god, why did they have to use "WE ARE"???
What e5fdny said; they're mocking Penn(itentiary) State. instead of a catchphrase that reads like new age personhood reinforcement and adulation, RU is saying that they are and stand for something that is actually concrete and historic, something that actually matters in the history of the school, state and ultimately those who are graduated from its halls

I suspect it was adopted earlier by PSU and we can be sure that Rutgers Athletics' social media team was tweaking our conference neighbors as opposed to anyone else, but there's at least one other former conference foe in Georgetown that also uses "We Are...." in their athletics spirit repertoire. And GU's campus is actually closer to New Brunswick (by about 30 miles) even if not located in a neighboring state.

http://wearegeorgetown.com/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT