ADVERTISEMENT

SCARLET KNIGHT STATUE

C-blvHIVoAErlHT.jpg

The pictures I'm seeing coming up on social media look incredible! Construction workers climbing up and taking pictures with the Knight. Unbelievable ! So grateful for the dedication by DEVCO and @Cofifa !!

@Cofifa - Is a plaque in store for the front of the base ? Would be a real professional and nice touch to finish off an already unbelievable project

Maybe I just don't understand how the shield works, but are they usually bent like that one?

The knight itself looks great, for the record. Don't like the shield (mind you, I understand it) as much.

Maybe I just don't understand how the shield works, but are they usually bent like that one?

The knight itself looks great, for the record. Don't like the shield (mind you, I understand it) as much.
I don't think it is bent

Himself.

Saw him on the BB Board during the tournament.
hasn't posted in over a year

Eventually I'd love to see RU do what MSU has...they have 3 Spartan statues on campus. I think eventually RU should get a Knight statue on each campus...4 total. One for College Ave (this one), then one each for Busch, Livingston, and Cook/Douglass. The seniors are going to have so much fun with this.
agreed. I mentioned that on the 1st page almost 2 years ago when this thread started. 1 in front of the RAC, 1 on River Road in front of the stadium (maybe 1 in front of the North gate too)

Overall, I love it. Don't want to sound unappreciative for all you have done. Does the picture above not make it look bent to you? Is it just a trick angle?
It doesn't look bent; that's just the shape of the shield.

I'm very appreciative of @Cofifa getting this done & donating it. I like it, but have 2 nits that I mentioned earlier, which would make this a grand slam for me: (i) block R on chest & (ii) sword up, like this pose or even higher:
940x.jpg

It's really cool how it's actually legit mideival armor. The shield looks like paper mache though. I thought it would be an actual medeival style shield just like the armor. It sort of looks like it doesn't fit.

Also is there a plume coming out of the helmet?

It's really cool how it's actually legit mideival armor. The shield looks like paper mache though. I thought it would be an actual medeival style shield just like the armor. It sort of looks like it doesn't fit.

Also is there a plume coming out of the helmet?
yes the plume which is also scarlet is there....we purchased actual medieveil armor (obviously a reproduction and very expensive to use as a model) the shield came with it ....

yes the plume which is also scarlet is there....we purchased actual medieveil armor (obviously a reproduction and very expensive to use as a model) the shield came with it ....
I see...

Well that makes me sound stupid. I think it's awesome. Great job and I can't wait to see it!

Thanks for all the kind word . As a Rutgers Alumni RC 82' and RLaw 85'
I always thought this was a missing piece of the spirit and pride part of the puzzle (not that there are but others )
Sometime it's best to take matters into your own hands. This has been our rallying cry for all of the College Ave Redevelopment Initiative .... we appreciate all the input and constructive criticism from the board and hope we can continue to carry on this crusade to make Rutgers a better place together

I always thought this was a missing piece of the spirit and pride part of the puzzle (not that there are but others )
Sometime it's best to take matters into your own hands. This has been our rallying cry for all of the College Ave Redevelopment Initiative .... we appreciate all the input and constructive criticism from the board and hope we can continue to carry on this crusade to make Rutgers a better place together

Good job, sir.

hasn't posted in over a year

agreed. I mentioned that on the 1st page almost 2 years ago when this thread started. 1 in front of the RAC, 1 on River Road in front of the stadium (maybe 1 in front of the North gate too)

It doesn't look bent; that's just the shape of the shield.

I'm very appreciative of @Cofifa getting this done & donating it. I like it, but have 2 nits that I mentioned earlier, which would make this a grand slam for me: (i) block R on chest & (ii) sword up, like this pose or even higher:
940x.jpg
I would like to see a raised sword one in front of the Stadium and the RAC on a higher podium like at UCF.

The height of the stand and the way the Knight is standing where it is now is perfect.

I was at TCU before coming to my senses and coming home, and while there they put a horned frog statue on a platform between the student center and the main administration building in a small grove of trees. The platform had been designed to display student art, but the first three pieces of student art, to put it mildly, sucked. Hideous. Inappropriate for the location. So they decided to put up a horned frog.

And it was awesome. Looked sharp, and it was fun to "stand guard" on it the night before the SMU game. (Having a rival rocks. It just does.) Well, I guess it would have been fun to stand guard around it, but we were at SMU plastering TCU bumper stickers on all the road signs.

THIS kicks that statue's ass. It looks great. But YES we need another one in front of the RAC and another in front of the stadium. Please. Soon.

Why did it take so long to have a statue of the knight? Should have been there in the late 70s when I was at the school.

I'd just like to echo what everyone else is saying on here. I had a chance to fly back this weekend and see it in person, and it looks amazing. I initially was concerned it looked a little top heavy or bulky from some of the pictures, but once you see it in person the proportions are spot on.

Great job Cofifa. Devco has done wonders for this university.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScarletKid2008

I saw the statue over the weekend. It is even more impressive in person than in the pictures. Great job. (Also, my first time to The Yard. Also impressive.)

Cofifa.

You should make replicas of it a part of every new building on campus that DEVCO builds moving forward.

Smaller versions in the lobby of new academic buildings would be awesome.

Great job Cofifa. Devco has done wonders for this university.
...and the city of NB! Was in the area today by the medical complex. Wish I knew this was here to stop by and see it. Are there any bollards around it? At only 900 pounds, I can see pranksters trying to haul it...

Reactions: Cofifa
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT