ADVERTISEMENT

SCARLET KNIGHT STATUE

My guess?

1. Knight did not look too good and they are back to the drawing board.

2. Or somebody at RU put the kibosh on the whole thing.

Or maybe production just took longer than expected.
Because of #1.

Again, just a guess because all of our $.02 opinions/ideas on how we wanted the Knight to look added up more than a $1.00. LOL

Gentleman my apologies but I have been a bit distracted . The Knight is finished and being stored here in NJ . Given the lack of enthusiasm at the end of the season we thought best to wait so that we could have a proper and enthusiastic unveiling . What are your thoughts (1) Rutgers Day or ( 2) before the first home game in September . Alternative thoughts are welcome

Gentleman my apologies but I have been a bit distracted . The Knight is finished and being stored here in NJ . Given the lack of enthusiasm at the end of the season we thought best to wait so that we could have a proper and enthusiastic unveiling . What are your thoughts (1) Rutgers Day or ( 2) before the first home game in September . Alternative thoughts are welcome
Rutgers Day works for me so the students can take pics with it at graduation.

Great to hear. Rutgers day would awesome! Great diverse crowd for it and the students would be able to enjoy it at graduation.

Also the first home game is during Labor Day weekend

Rutgers Day. Can you share a sneak peek pic with us?

AWESOME-297 opinions, 8500 people checking it out and 20 months later...it's going to happen. Props to Cofifa for making it a reality and genuinely listening to all of us here. Officially requesting to hold the ribbon

I agree the Rutgers Day would be the best.

Out of curiosity.

What came of the base?
How High did it end up being?

I never posted but I agreed with the 4-5ft Base making the statue about 13 ft tall from base to top.

Either way I can;t wait to see this.

Really excited for this !! Would love to combine this with my idea of brick pavers at the intersection of College Ave & Hamilton making a big block R!

Also ... I'm even more excited for the start of the newer and larger "yard" when RU opens up the area by Brower commons, removes the smoke stakes, and makes a big college'esque space there. Project is supposed to be starting this year!!

Reactions: Leonard23 and SF88
Really excited for this !! Would love to combine this with my idea of brick pavers at the intersection of College Ave & Hamilton making a big block R!

Also ... I'm even more excited for the start of the newer and larger "yard" when RU opens up the area by Brower commons, removes the smoke stakes, and makes a big college'esque space there. Project is supposed to be starting this year!!
This year? As in this summer? Where did you hear that?

base of the Knight will go in next week I think
Anything being buried underneath it? (I'm semi-serious lol)

And did we get an idea on the final size for the base and the actual Knight?

This is the Knight statue we need at the stadium.. put a helmet on him and it could be any Knight

leonard-cuse.jpg

You guys struggling with art... get something like Daz Studio (free) and find or buy a knight model you like and pose it however you like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir ScarletKnight
Appreciate the on-site updates. Looks like a great spot. Can't wait to see that thing up and standing guard over campus.

I don't know how to post a photo ( tell how and I'll put post it ), but working ongoing as I type. Base is installed and what looks to be some support posts for the knight are going in

Reactions: ScarletKid2008
I don't know how to post a photo ( tell how and I'll put post it ), but working ongoing as I type. Base is installed and what looks to be some support posts for the knight are going in
Oooh, yes please. You have to upload the photo to an online photo sharing site like photobucket, Flickr, etc. & then copy/paste the pic in your post or select the image button (mountain pic w/sun) above & insert the direct URL to the pic online.

Reactions: Cofifa
ADVERTISEMENT