ADVERTISEMENT

Football Schiano has changed

Glad to see you back on the board.

As for the last part, the faculty already "squawked" as loudly as they could when GS was just hired. It made news for about a day. So long as the administration (AD, President) and governor are on board, there will not be a problem with building the contemplated facility.

I'm not sure there will be a need for stadium expansion. Live event attendance is shrinking in general, and in college football even with the best teams. And, Rutgers is in the Big Ten so there is nothing to "prove" this time around. No reason to run anything like that again. The stadium needs should be limited to maintenance and whatever they decide on luxury boxes.

The faculty hardly squawked at all about the GS hiring. One speaker does not a "squawk" make.

The faculty hardly squawked at all about the GS hiring. One speaker does not a "squawk" make.

It was more than one speaker. It was (at least billed as) the faculty council that is representative of all faculty.

In any event, it should be a non-issue for the additional reason that the project is stated to be planned using to-be-raised private funds.

You know that’s not true , star rating don’t mean much and if you look at other teams in the big , some of those 2 and 3 stare rated athletes are better than some of those 4 or 5 star . Tracy Mcsorley , ray rice and Brian Leonard were 3 stare athletes, not saying we can’t use 4 or 5 stare but it not necessary to get there and beat the best , Michigan State is a prime example of this and it pretty much falls on good development of of the players
Most importantly it comes down to your evaluation system. Finding the 3 star gems that are really 4 stars.

Alabama has the best evaluation system in the country. If you see them taking a 3-star they're not really a 3-star.

“You know, I always tell parents when we recruit their sons, your job's not done, but we are going to help you finish the process and the only reason we are recruiting your son is we believe in him as a young man, so we are going to make sure that he finishes his development and we are going to be the parents away from home."

He should have credited my wife for this quote...hahaha it was her question to each coach that came through the door. Took him a couple of minutes to think about it before answering but that was basically it after he told he that it was a great question that he hadnt been asked previously.
He finished this quote by telling her that is why he always felt it important to meet a recruit in their home environment along with their parent or gaurdian. So he could see the roots already ingrained in the player. Told us he was not perfect and sometimes he may make a mistake on a kid, He would give a kid a second chance unless what they are doing or did affected another parent's child who was there under his protection.

You would think all HC's would have a similar answer but believe me, many fail to answer this simple question so honestly and clear.
SO,Did your son ever come to RU?

SO,Did your son ever come to RU?
You know what is funny beacd...we almost didn't take that meeting with Greg. Kevin had already taken 4 of his 5 officials and we had Maryland scheduled for the following week as the final visit. So, he had to call Maryland to cancel his visit and come to Rutgers instead. And, we always made Kevin make the tough calls to coaches.
Going into that last few days to send in the LOI, His mom and I still had no idea who he had chosen to attend. Final 3 were GaTech/USF/Rutgers
We invited his HS coach out to dinner with us to have Kevin tell us where he was going only the night before signing day. We had previously discussed all 3 schools as a family but allowed him to make his own decision. We knew he would make a good choice but it was funny as hell to watch Coach Remo squiring as we were all ordering app's and talking about everything except football for the first 1/2 hour of dinner. Until Coach finally blurted out "how the heck can you all sit there and talk about the weather and eat anything before Kevin tells us what he is doing" . So, Kevin finally let us know he was staying home. But if you had asked his HS coach, myself and his Mom just the day before, we may have all said it was a different school. That is why "inside" knowledge of where a kid is committing to doesnt really hold much weight with me...

You know what is funny beacd...we almost didn't take that meeting with Greg. Kevin had already taken 4 of his 5 officials and we had Maryland scheduled for the following week as the final visit. So, he had to call Maryland to cancel his visit and come to Rutgers instead. And, we always made Kevin make the tough calls to coaches.
Going into that last few days to send in the LOI, His mom and I still had no idea who he had chosen to attend. Final 3 were GaTech/USF/Rutgers
We invited his HS coach out to dinner with us to have Kevin tell us where he was going only the night before signing day. We had previously discussed all 3 schools as a family but allowed him to make his own decision. We knew he would make a good choice but it was funny as hell to watch Coach Remo squiring as we were all ordering app's and talking about everything except football for the first 1/2 hour of dinner. Until Coach finally blurted out "how the heck can you all sit there and talk about the weather and eat anything before Kevin tells us what he is doing" . So, Kevin finally let us know he was staying home. But if you had asked his HS coach, myself and his Mom just the day before, we may have all said it was a different school. That is why "inside" knowledge of where a kid is committing to doesnt really hold much weight with me...[/QUOTE
That's a story that only a FB parent can tell.TG that Kevin made the decision that he did. Gave us a great RT,a position that hasn't been filled well since he left.Happy and Healthy Holidays to you and yours.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT