ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano Haters.

zappaa

Legend
Gold Member
Jul 27, 2001
Montclair NJ
What would you do if you were traveling and on your journey you run into a couple know-it-all college football fans....
You mention you’re a Rutgers fan and immediately they blast you with your school is embarrassing and has no business playing in the B1G TEN.
They continue with Schiano sucked, never won anything, never beat WVU, and the only reason your in the league is because of NY market TV sets.
Do you defend yourself and us? Or do you lay down like a sissy?

Since the GS haters are incapable of advocating for a different coach without belittling GS and our football history at RU during his tenure to prove their point, I’d have to believe you’d all lay down.

I happen to be proud of the fact I defend the shit out of us, especially the Schiano era....

Every time you trash Schiano and call him a failure you trash our history, you trash his players...the McCourty brothers, Harmon, Sanu, Leonard, Rice....all of them.

Give it a rest, advocate for whoever you want to coach us, stop trashing our football history

I’d tell them it’s a moot point/opinion so DEAL WITH IT!!

That is it. I am officially putting Zap in charge of raising funds for a Rutgers Baseball Stadium ! Doesn’t have to be a palace-I will settle for copies of Arkansas, Mississippi State, or South Carolina.

I think there are several different issues being confused here. Most people including myself would like to go in a different direction with a coach with an offensive background. The problem is that anytime anyone "advocates" for another choice a select group of Schiano only people feel the need to "belittle" every other candidate and say they only want Schiano. It is very tiresome. People are incapable of holding a discussion on the topic. Most sane people would agree that Schiano would surely be an upgrade over Ash and what we have now, the question is how much? At the end of the day Schiano wouldn't be the worst choice just far from the grand slam most seem to think.

And please with being dramatic trashing Schiano means trashing players that played for him. That's a childish false equivalent arguement. Plenty of people trash Flood and Ash does that mean they are trashing Turay or Day-Joseph?

Zap, I’d love for Schiano to return the banks. I feel like these threads are counterproductive though.
Here is what pisses me off.
Our guys on the Patriots and all our great players of the GS era think they were part of something special here...they believe they turned this program around and made us relevant...they are proud of their accomplishments here with big wins and bowl games.
Yet every day they hear from the Schiano haters on this board they had one big night, never won anything, never beat WVU and played and in nothing but second rate bowls...some gratitude from our fans

Here is what pisses me off.
Our guys on the Patriots and all our great players of the GS era think they were part of something special here...they believe they turned this program around and made us relevant...they are proud of their accomplishments here with big wins and bowl games.
Yet every day they hear from the Schiano haters on this board they had one big night, never won anything, never beat WVU and played and nothing but second rate bowls...some gratitude from our fans
The players are right and most of the fans agree too.

Nothing we post here matters to anyone but the person who posts. A post by an anonymous poster will never matter to anyone deciding to hire or commit to Rutgers. We do not matter.

Obviously. Maybe I should have been more clear.

I think they’re counterproductive in changing the narrative of the board. Without fail, a forceful pro-Schiano post attracts the Never Schiano crowd in droves and they feel the need to compete with an even stronger hate post.

It’s like the board’s weird version of Newton’s third law.

Last edited:
I think there are several different issues being confused here. Most people including myself would like to go in a different direction with a coach with an offensive background. The problem is that anytime anyone "advocates" for another choice a select group of Schiano only people feel the need to "belittle" every other candidate and say they only want Schiano. It is very tiresome. People are incapable of holding a discussion on the topic. Most sane people would agree that Schiano would surely be an upgrade over Ash and what we have now, the question is how much? At the end of the day Schiano wouldn't be the worst choice just far from the grand slam most seem to think.

And please with being dramatic trashing Schiano means trashing players that played for him. That's a childish false equivalent arguement. Plenty of people trash Flood and Ash does that mean they are trashing Turay or Day-Joseph?
Here’s the difference, those other coaches never worked here and aren’t part of our history.
Totally disagree about the players, they think they did something special here, not personally, they think they turned RU around.
GS was a failure, coming from our own fans??????

What would you do if you were traveling and on your journey you run into a couple know-it-all college football fans....
You mention you’re a Rutgers fan and immediately they blast you with your school is embarrassing and has no business playing in the B1G TEN.
They continue with Schiano sucked, never won anything, never beat WVU, and the only reason your in the league is because of NY market TV sets.

Since the GS haters are incapable of advocating for a different coach without belittling GS and our football history at RU during his tenure to prove their point, I’d have to believe you’d all lay down.

I happen to be proud of the fact I defend the shit out of us, especially the Schiano era....

Every time you trash Schiano and call him a failure you trash our history, you trash his players...the McCourty brothers, Harmon, Sanu, Leonard, Rice....all of them.

Give it a rest, advocate for whoever you want to coach us, stop trashing our football history
What prompted this? Remember, it's a done deal. Or at least we think so, according to well-placed sources. Sort of. Maybe. Take it to the check cashing place?

Reactions: MADHAT1

When I run into folks who trash RU, I kick their ass.
I simply say that RU has historically underfunded athletics, and RU is competing in one of the two toughest divisions in college football. Two cheap and ill-advised hires have hampered the program. RU will get it right, and with a full share of the B1G money coming in soon. Things will get better. Just look what Brohm has done at Purdue or Tom Allen at Indiana.

What prompted this? Remember, it's a done deal. Or at least we think so, according to well-placed sources. Sort of. Maybe. Take it to the check cashing place?
I don’t know, just reading the threads about Saint Greg, and how if we hire him we’re all gonna get what we deserve.

When I run into folks who trash RU, I kick their ass.
I simply say that RU has historically underfunded athletics, and RU is competing in one of the two toughest divisions in college football. Two cheap and ill-advised hires have hampered the program. RU will get it right, and with a full share of the B1G money coming in soon. Things will get better. Just look what Brohm has done at Purdue or Tom Allen at Indiana.
Geez, that a mouth full.
I say one day we’re gonna keep our kids home and kick all your asses.
Usually they say, Get Schiano back, you guys were good back then

Its a good point... People cant seem to be able to say no to Schiano without completely sh*****g all over the guy. I dont get it. Just say you prefer someone else. You dont have to either hate or love him.
I think that is typical. However, as someone who doesnt want schiano as a first choice mine is a list of concerns that certainly isnt shitting on him. I think schiano would be a good hire. I think he has a number of skills that are important for any coach and specifically to a rutgers coach. My main concerns are the status it gives us and the perception it creates. Plenty of good coaches can win at rutgers. the notion that it takes some magic is absurd. With a real commitment from the administration any good coach would have a decent chance here. The fact that schiano was followed by two coaches that arent good doesnt change that/ However if hired and successful that will be the narrative/ I know that is somewhat odd to worry given our program though it goes along with the status greg would get which is basically unfriable. with a lower performance standard than I would want for our coach. He would functionally get a forever contract which is a problem. Then there is the concern that he would be as motivated and that his message would be successful. I am less concerned about either.

I would be fine with greg coming back and their are major benefits he simply isnt my first choice and I think there are valid concerns to choosing him.

Oh I would definitely defend rutgers and probably focus on the administration.

well.. it may be a done deal but so are the haters hating and crapping on everything.. even before he gets hired.. if it is a done deal.

Here’s the difference, those other coaches never worked here and aren’t part of our history.
Totally disagree about the players, they think they did something special here, not personally, they think they turned RU around.
GS was a failure, coming from our own fans??????

I just think you’re overstating it a bit. Not sure former players take it as a slap from fans. In honesty Greg didn’t ever win the Big East. As far as other coaches, when names are brought up. Certain poster do constantly come back with the same 3 things.
1- Greg done it before
2- Greg knows NJ recruiting
3- no one else will come here

We just point out rebuilds are happening in many places and the coach doing it isn’t named Schiano

Other schools seem to have no problems recruiting NJ getting kids.
The southern schools are dominating the recruiting of the Mid Atlantic region for the 2020 recruiting cycle. Ties to the area? Nope

We honestly have no clue who Rutgers is talking too. I personally think all candidates should be considered. Being short sided is not in Rutgers best interest. Although it would make a lot of you happy.

Huh, why would a grown man give a damn what some loser says about the football program? As an alum I think bigger picture than just the football program, I am proud of the entire University and its history. We have been season ticket holders for decades and my kids grew up going to Rutgers games, but if a fan from another program feels that way it doesn't affect me and my enjoyment of attending the games with friends and family.

We all know what Schiano accomplished and we know his short comings. And we all know that if the University wasn't sitting in the NY media market we wouldn't be in the B1G, how is that comment insulting, it is a fact. Is your argument that Rutgers deserved to be in the B1G because of our one national championship in fencing? I mean c'mon, let's be real. Nothing to be ashamed of what Schiano accomplished, at the same time he did not bring the program to an elite level. He is a known commodity, those expecting him to be able to compete with the likes of OSU, Michigan, and PSU on a yearly basis I am afraid are in for a rude awakening. 5-8 wins a year and minor bowls, that is what you are going to get with Greg, obviously a better place than we are now and for a lot of fans that level of success appears to be enough.

Yah, Sissy’s

Go back to France

Schiano rules

Huh, why would a grown man give a damn what some loser says about the football program? As an alum I think bigger picture than just the football program, I am proud of the entire University and its history. We have been season ticket holders for decades and my kids grew up going to Rutgers games, but if a fan from another program feels that way it doesn't affect me and my enjoyment of attending the games with friends and family.

We all know what Schiano accomplished and we know his short comings. And we all know that if the University wasn't sitting in the NY media market we wouldn't be in the B1G, how is that comment insulting, it is a fact. Is your argument that Rutgers deserved to be in the B1G because of our one national championship in fencing? I mean c'mon, let's be real. Nothing to be ashamed of what Schiano accomplished, at the same time he did not bring the program to an elite level. He is a known commodity, those expecting him to be able to compete with the likes of OSU, Michigan, and PSU on a yearly basis I am afraid are in for a rude awakening. 5-8 wins a year and minor bowls, that is what you are going to get with Greg, obviously a better place than we are now and for a lot of fans that level of success appears to be enough.
lol
You couldn’t even leave this thread alone...classic!!!
Without the GS era we don’t sniff the B1G.
As an RU fan you can’t mention the NY market without mentioning Greg also.

This is a fair assessment. I am one of those who want Schiano back and realize he may not get us to an elite level but after the past few years we just need someone to get us back on rails. Perhaps the next coach takes what Schiano builds and get us to the next level. However, if a guy like Clawson would come here, sign me up today.

Reactions: Knight Shift
lol
You couldn’t even leave this thread alone...classic!!!
Without the GS era we don’t sniff the B1G.
As an RU fan you can’t mention the NY market without mentioning Greg also.
Classic is why you and the other Schiano lovers have to start thread after thread defending him. It is absolutely pathetic. It is also pathetic that the Schiano lovers feel the need to attack and belittle loyal Rutgers football fans because they simple don't have the same obsession with a previous coach.

This is a fair assessment. I am one of those who want Schiano back and realize he may not get us to an elite level but after the past few years we just need someone to get us back on rails. Perhaps the next coach takes what Schiano builds and get us to the next level. However, if a guy like Clawson would come here, sign me up today.
I totally respect your position on Schiano. I am a Schiano supporter, I am just not a Schiano lover and obsessed with him becoming the next coach to the point where I feel the necessity to attack other fans who might feel differently.

Why is there part of the RU fanbase that are utterly opposed to the thought of Greg coming back?
Could be they are so used to talking about failure now, any chance of possible success scares
them.So they look for reasons for Schiano ,who has succeed before at RU ,to fail this time.

Quite dismissive. He raised all valid points. You seem a little too invested in defending Greg.
Greg is not a known commodity recruiting in an elite league with B1G money behind him and assistants that reflect it.

To preordain him to low level bowls and mediocrity is to be Nostradamus and a negative fan.
And as always he conveniently left out Greg’s role in getting us in the B1G

Reactions: scottsdaleal
"People disagree with me! I'm going to call them haters, marginalize them by calling them just a few of the same people disagreeing, and ignore every argument they come up with and then claim they never have any arguments to back up their point of view."

Seems like the done deal is starting to be walked back because the contract signed was signed with invisible ink and everything was coming from the wrong S&L account .
So take it to the bank don't apply .
Sounds like the beginning of a savings and loan scandal.

But I'm under the impression that everything I hear from those with unimpeachable sources
must be true if posted on the internet in message boards like this.
So go to your local Credit Union , start your own account , and deposit this bit of info
Schiano hired [banana]
Hobbs fired :YesNo

Sara gone missing :uzi:

Last edited:
Reactions: RRRRUUUU
"People disagree with me! I'm going to call them haters, marginalize them by calling them just a few of the same people disagreeing, and ignore every argument they come up with and then claim they never have any arguments to back up their point of view."
Who’s disagreeing?
Advocate for your coach, stop trashing our history that got us in the B1G...simple

Reactions: scottsdaleal
I totally respect your position on Schiano. I am a Schiano supporter, I am just not a Schiano lover and obsessed with him becoming the next coach to the point where I feel the necessity to attack other fans who might feel differently.
Wrong person dude, I started the Norvell thread.
I’m good with whoever our search comes up with, or who you want.
No need for you to trash Greg, just say you’re guy is better...simple, not that tough.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT