ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano still working on the OC

Some expected to the announcement to be today. Not so.
Al here are some replies to that statement
551528d5c1dadc7313766d0f6a7baee2.gif

giphy.gif

200w.gif

giphy.gif

Schiano probably feels less pressure to hire one with early signing day over. He probably also feels he's got until mid-January now just in time to potentially pull in any transfers/recruits for signing day.

Reactions: Knightmoves
I assume he finished the evaluation of the staff that included himself and determined that he was the best man for the HC job in 2023. You just can't make this sh!t up. You just gotta admire this guy, he could sell sand in Saudi Arabia.

I assume he finished the evaluation of the staff that included himself and determined that he was the best man for the HC job in 2023. You just can't make this sh!t up. You just gotta admire this guy, he could sell sand in Saudi Arabia.
No. All of Saudi Arabia would laugh at him and see there's no value prop there. There's only a small fraction of people from a historically bad Saudi Arabian State University that believes in his sand.

No. He can’t sell sand. He’s not fooling anyone, and certainly no one in the coaching community. He’s just waiting for the best time to announce Nunzio since no one else wants to work under him.

But can't close on an offensive coordinator

No. All of Saudi Arabia would laugh at him and see there's no value prop there. There's only a small fraction of people from a historically bad Saudi Arabian State University that believes in his sand.

So, he could at least sell snow to the Eskimos though, right?

Reactions: knightfan7
If he wasn’t so secure with his asinine 8 yr contract he would have hired someone weeks ago

Let’s see how this ages….
sure, I hope I'm wrong. and could also be wrong about going 3-9 next year. might actually go 2-10 but I'm a glass half-full, always optimistic kind of guy so I'll bump up my win prediction by 1.

I do wonder which OOC opponent Schiano might cancel and Central Connecticut State instead. Then we'd be within just 3 major upsets of making the inaugural Arctic Bowl (in Greenland 2024). Game in spring once temps usually reach -10 Celsius.

Reactions: BigEastPhil
Why not very promising? GS hinted it’s an OC that’s in a bowl game.

Very disappointing.
Unless it's a CFP HC or OC (highly doubtful) then Big Ten OC should be a promotion.
As such, HC Schiano should demand immediately joining the team like many other coaching promotions.

This is basically the same as HC Ash situation then.

Reactions: socaldave
Very disappointing.
Unless it's a CFP HC or OC (highly doubtful) then Big Ten OC should be a promotion.
As such, HC Schiano should demand immediately joining the team like many other coaching promotions.

This is basically the same as HC Ash situation then.
Except it’s not because we have a HC. wonder if he goes back to the well (Minny).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT