ADVERTISEMENT

Schiano to NE Patriots?

MorrisAsh

All Conference
Dec 5, 2015
Morristown
Patriots LB coach and defacto Coordinator Brian Flores is going to Miami to become the latest Belechick coaching tree failure.

That leaves an opening on the staff. The Patriots haven’t had a DC since Patricia left last year. Schiano doesn’t have a landing spot and has a good relationship with the Pats.

This is going to happen.

Reactions: RU5781
Patriots LB coach and defacto Coordinator Brian Flores is going to Miami to become the latest Belechick coaching tree failure.

That leaves an opening on the staff. The Patriots haven’t had a DC since Patricia left last year. Schiano doesn’t have a landing spot and has a good relationship with the Pats.

This is going to happen.
Tough one to answer Morris.
There’s no doubt there’s a strong, healthy relationship between them that includes Bill’s son.
But there’s also the reality that HCBB might be afraid to intrust his defense to him.

It’ll be interesting to see what happens here

Steve B , the Pats safeties Coach, could get a promotion.

Way too soon for that! Maybe have Schiano come on board and take Steve under his wing.
In any event you can be sure the minute Schiano is (if) named DC this Board will erupt with that the only reason he got the job is because he is BB's Friend!

Way too soon for that! Maybe have Schiano come on board and take Steve under his wing.
In any event you can be sure the minute Schiano is (if) named DC this Board will erupt with that the only reason he got the job is because he is BB's Friend!
Pretty sure HCBB is a bit more cognizant of the importance of the position, then to just hire his pal.

Pretty sure HCBB is a bit more cognizant of the importance of the position, then to just hire his pal.
You did not read what I said! I said the people on this Board will go off on this rant, not that it was the real reason!

Reactions: zappaa
PLEASE GOD GET THIS MAN A JOB, ANY JOB, SO THE ENDLESS NONSENSE HERE WILL DECREASE. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
The Tweet from an NFL Network insider is not enough for you?
How about ESPN?

It's off season. And our revered former coach is on the market. Should we start another food or travel thread instead?

Reactions: beaced

This is going to happen.
The Belechick assistants that have become head coaches are more a collection of weeds than a coaching tree.

I doubt Schiano would be offered the defensive coordinator position .A lower level position defensive coach is more likely.

I doubt Schiano will end up here in Boston. Why? Because it wouldn't surprise me if this is Belichek's last year coaching the patriots. Brady's a year older and despite yesterday's resounding defeat of the LAC , his play has suffered this year. Gronk has slowed down and key players on the defense like McCourty are only getting older. If not next year then the following year the Patriots will begin to really "grow old" and I doubt Belichek would want to be here when it happens.

I doubt Schiano will end up here in Boston. Why? Because it wouldn't surprise me if this is Belichek's last year coaching the patriots. Brady's a year older and despite yesterday's resounding defeat of the LAC , his play has suffered this year. Gronk has slowed down and key players on the defense like McCourty are only getting older. If not next year then the following year the Patriots will begin to really "grow old" and I doubt Belichek would want to be here when it happens.
I’m not sure BB isn’t a, you’ll have to pry the clipboard out of my hands and carry me out physically before I retire kinda coach.

I’m not sure BB isn’t a, you’ll have to pry the clipboard out of my hands and carry me out physically before I retire kinda coach.
One of the things that has stood out this year is that the Bob Kraft, BB, Tom Brady troika relationship has frayed somewhat this year. Since Belichek has accomplished practically everything any coach could realistically hope to achieve , I could see him retiring or moving on.

One of the things that has stood out this year is that the Bob Kraft, BB, Tom Brady troika relationship has frayed somewhat this year. Since Belichek has accomplished practically everything any coach could realistically hope to achieve , I could see him retiring or moving on.
I understand the logic.
I just don’t know if that’s his mindset.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT