ADVERTISEMENT

Time to Give Greg Schiano an Extension

rutgersal

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jun 7, 2001
The hiring of Kirk Ciarocca is akin to pulling a rabbit out of the hat, despite low expectations, and this puts us on a path to one day competing for the Big Ten Championship.

For one thing, and most importantly, this hire sets our offensive identity. We are going to run the ball and win with Northeast toughness. Minnesota’s Mohamed Ibrahim ran for 1,655 yards and 20 touchdowns this past season. Before he leaves Rutgers, and assuming he isn’t poached, Sam Brown will put up similar numbers.

If you just focus on the resume and not the name, he has built impressive offenses at Western Michigan and Minnesota. The. Bottomline is we hired away an offensive coordinator of a 9 win Big Ten team. It was so important to hire someone who knew what it took to be successful on offense in the Big Ten. One day, we will have a highly productive offense as well.

He will bring that success to Rutgers in time, as this is not a quick fix situation. Defensive recruiting was prioritized in the ‘20 and ‘21 classes. And many of the offensive players that were Recruited in those classes did not work out. So we will be heavily relying on ‘22, ‘23, and subsequent classes, to build the offense, which will take time.

I’m projecting Rutgers to be in the 4-6 win band for the next couple of years, before breaking out in ‘25. By then, this offense will be potent, averaging more than 30 points

‘25 Offense
WR Famah Toure, Thomas Amankwaa
WR Dylan Braithwaite, Vilay Nakkoun
TE Mike Higgins, Deondre Johnson
LT Dante Chin or Jacob Allen or Dominic Rivera
LG Kwabena Asamoah or Mozell Williams
C Gus Zilinskas or Kwabena Asamoah
RG John Stone or Nelson Monegro
RT Emir Stinette or Taj White
WR Rashad Rochelle
QB Gavin Wimsatt, Ajani Shepherd
RB Sam Brown, Jason Benjamin

By ‘25, we will have an offense averaging > 30 points a game, 1500 yards on the ground, and at least 2,000 yards passing.

For putting us on the road to success, Greg Schiano deserves to be rewarded with a contract extension. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

download

The hiring of Kirk Ciarocca is akin to pulling a rabbit out of the hat, despite low expectations, and this puts us on a path to one day competing for the Big Ten Championship.

For one thing, and most importantly, this hire sets our offensive identity. We are going to run the ball and win with Northeast toughness. Minnesota’s Mohamed Ibrahim ran for 1,655 yards and 20 touchdowns this past season. Before he leaves Rutgers, and assuming he isn’t poached, Sam Brown will put up similar numbers.

If you just focus on the resume and not the name, he has built impressive offenses at Western Michigan and Minnesota. The. Bottomline is we hired away an offensive coordinator of a 9 win Big Ten team. It was so important to hire someone who knew what it took to be successful on offense in the Big Ten. One day, we will have a highly productive offense as well.

He will bring that success to Rutgers in time, as this is not a quick fix situation. Defensive recruiting was prioritized in the ‘20 and ‘21 classes. And many of the offensive players that were Recruited in those classes did not work out. So we will be heavily relying on ‘22, ‘23, and subsequent classes, to build the offense, which will take time.

I’m projecting Rutgers to be in the 4-6 win band for the next couple of years, before breaking out in ‘25. By then, this offense will be potent, averaging more than 30 points

‘25 Offense
WR Rashad Rochelle

By ‘25, we will have an offense averaging > 30 points a game, 1500 yards on the ground, and at least 2,000 yards passing.

For putting us on the road to success, Greg Schiano deserves to be rewarded with a contract extension. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

A lot of words to project a bad (terrible?) offense.
Not sure how you're getting to 30ppg on 3,500 total yards for the season.

291 total ypg would rank #124 out of #131 this year (next to UConn)

166 yards passing - #119 (coincidentally Minnesota this year)
125 yards rushing - #89

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/yards-per-game

Reactions: tico brown
If Al owns a company, I want to work for him. I'll take an eight year contract guaranteed at $32 million, put in a sub par performance for 3 years that gets progressively worse each year and accept an extension from Al after I fire one of my own hires and hire a replacement without showing any results for the fired replacement. I just don't want any stock options in Al's company. Where do I sign?

‘25 Offense
WR Rashad Rochelle

💉💉💉

He has to win some freaking games first , there’s no participation trophies in the Big Ten , & the Louisville game doesn’t hold water anymore.
That expiration date passed about 5 years ago

‘25 Offense
WR Rashad Rochelle

Sorry Al

I am a GS guy, but this post, today is a bannable offense.

Reactions: Knight Shift

Al - In Webster's under the definition of "glutton for punishment" they have your picture.

If Al owns a company, I want to work for him. I'll take an eight year contract guaranteed at $32 million, put in a sub par performance for 3 years that gets progressively worse each year and accept an extension from Al after I fire one of my own hires and hire a replacement without showing any results for the fired replacement. I just don't want any stock options in Al's company. Where do I sign?
He just needs a gf and this all goes away. Or at least scaled back.

I am rooting for him and hope it works out.🙏

‘25 Offense
WR Rashad Rochelle

jiFfM.jpg

The degree that Schiano has fallen from mediocrity and disappointed the fan base is REMARKABLY similar to how sad AL's troll game has become.

Al had legit talent and really brought it before, but it's like he's nailed it in and is barely trying anymore.

‘25 Offense
WR Rashad Rochelle

c8f7ea80-8c6b-4779-956c-40cfae0ebcec_text.gif

Reactions: yessir321

He will never own a company with this mindset.

It's all jus schtick though. Even he doesn't believe what he posts anymore.

He will never own a company with this mindset.

It's all jus schtick though. Even he doesn't believe what he posts anymore.
He has outdone my ability to polish turds and put a positive spin on things. I'm not pro or anti Greg. But an 8 year deal was too much. OTOH, maybe it was genius by Hobbs, because at $4 million year, he is stuck there for the next 5 years and record aside, RU is not overpaying. He is the lowest paid B1G HC, and he deserves to be. Taking the next best alternative (NBA) into account, there is absolutely no reason to give a raise or extension here, as what is Greg's next best alternative? Really hoping Rutgers does not do the Rutgers thing here.

If RU pulls out a 6-6 season this year, and perhaps a 7-5 or 8-4 season in year 5, maybe start thinking about it, but would still wait until 2 straight winning seasons and after year 6. Where is he going to go on us?

Reactions: tico brown
He's not going anywhere. He is lucky to be here. At the end of the day, he needed Rutgers a lot more than Rutgers needed him.

He turned a temper tantrum into a massive pay day.

Reactions: Zimm80
The degree that *Schiano has fallen from mediocrity and disappointed the fan base is REMARKABLY similar to how sad AL's troll game has become.

Al had legit talent and really brought it before, but it's like he's nailed it in and is barely trying anymore.
Did he though?

* More concerned about the first part in that his “The Music Man” persona has finally worn off. Maybe there really isn’t trouble in River City, but we know there is and he might not be the guy to get us out.🤷‍♂️

Hope I’m very wrong.

You knew this thread was inevitable, just as we know there will be a detailed preseason thread predicting an 11-1 season and countless upset alert threads throughout the season. Don't forget the detailed post season thread as to why it isn't Greg's fault as to why the team only won 3-5 games. The cycle is as reliable as Big Ben.

Reactions: brgRC90
I'm trying to think back to when I saw something that made me realize how vastly entertained I'd be for a little while as I realized when I saw this thread.

Then I remembered I took a photo of the occasion:

rrwx47A.jpeg

Reactions: Zimm80 and dconifer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT