ADVERTISEMENT

Time to Give Greg Schiano an Extension

If Al owns a company, I want to work for him. I'll take an eight year contract guaranteed at $32 million, put in a sub par performance for 3 years that gets progressively worse each year and accept an extension from Al after I fire one of my own hires and hire a replacement without showing any results for the fired replacement. I just don't want any stock options in Al's company. Where do I sign?
Someone forgot to tell Al he should only eat a quarter square of the cannabis brownie and not the whole thing. Btw, I'm in as your assistant for Al's company at half your salary.
He just needs a gf and this all goes away. Or at least scaled back.

I am rooting for him and hope it works out.🙏
He has tried, remember the cheerleader post?

The hiring of Kirk Ciarocca is akin to pulling a rabbit out of the hat, despite low expectations, and this puts us on a path to one day competing for the Big Ten Championship.

For one thing, and most importantly, this hire sets our offensive identity. We are going to run the ball and win with Northeast toughness. Minnesota’s Mohamed Ibrahim ran for 1,655 yards and 20 touchdowns this past season. Before he leaves Rutgers, and assuming he isn’t poached, Sam Brown will put up similar numbers.

If you just focus on the resume and not the name, he has built impressive offenses at Western Michigan and Minnesota. The. Bottomline is we hired away an offensive coordinator of a 9 win Big Ten team. It was so important to hire someone who knew what it took to be successful on offense in the Big Ten. One day, we will have a highly productive offense as well.

He will bring that success to Rutgers in time, as this is not a quick fix situation. Defensive recruiting was prioritized in the ‘20 and ‘21 classes. And many of the offensive players that were Recruited in those classes did not work out. So we will be heavily relying on ‘22, ‘23, and subsequent classes, to build the offense, which will take time.

I’m projecting Rutgers to be in the 4-6 win band for the next couple of years, before breaking out in ‘25. By then, this offense will be potent, averaging more than 30 points

‘25 Offense
WR Famah Toure, Thomas Amankwaa
WR Dylan Braithwaite, Vilay Nakkoun
TE Mike Higgins, Deondre Johnson
LT Dante Chin or Jacob Allen or Dominic Rivera
LG Kwabena Asamoah or Mozell Williams
C Gus Zilinskas or Kwabena Asamoah
RG John Stone or Nelson Monegro
RT Emir Stinette or Taj White
WR Rashad Rochelle
QB Gavin Wimsatt, Ajani Shepherd
RB Sam Brown, Jason Benjamin

By ‘25, we will have an offense averaging > 30 points a game, 1500 yards on the ground, and at least 2,000 yards passing.

For putting us on the road to success, Greg Schiano deserves to be rewarded with a contract extension. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
**** off

I logged back in here for the 1st time in years just to show my support for Al and Schiano. I say add on another 8 years to Schiano's contract right now before someone else hires him away.

I feel so hopeful now that Al, who is never inaccurately optimistic, is predicting greatness--years down the road. Let's pop open a bottle of bubbly!

Reactions: zappaa
and he had the nerve to tell ME to take off my Scarlet Colored Glasses earlier this week lol.
Piggy GIF by UpStudiosWorld
That pig needs lipstick.

The hiring of Kirk Ciarocca is akin to pulling a rabbit out of the hat, despite low expectations, and this puts us on a path to one day competing for the Big Ten Championship.

For one thing, and most importantly, this hire sets our offensive identity. We are going to run the ball and win with Northeast toughness. Minnesota’s Mohamed Ibrahim ran for 1,655 yards and 20 touchdowns this past season. Before he leaves Rutgers, and assuming he isn’t poached, Sam Brown will put up similar numbers.

If you just focus on the resume and not the name, he has built impressive offenses at Western Michigan and Minnesota. The. Bottomline is we hired away an offensive coordinator of a 9 win Big Ten team. It was so important to hire someone who knew what it took to be successful on offense in the Big Ten. One day, we will have a highly productive offense as well.

He will bring that success to Rutgers in time, as this is not a quick fix situation. Defensive recruiting was prioritized in the ‘20 and ‘21 classes. And many of the offensive players that were Recruited in those classes did not work out. So we will be heavily relying on ‘22, ‘23, and subsequent classes, to build the offense, which will take time.

I’m projecting Rutgers to be in the 4-6 win band for the next couple of years, before breaking out in ‘25. By then, this offense will be potent, averaging more than 30 points

‘25 Offense
WR Rashad Rochelle

By ‘25, we will have an offense averaging > 30 points a game, 1500 yards on the ground, and at least 2,000 yards passing.

For putting us on the road to success, Greg Schiano deserves to be rewarded with a contract extension. I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.
I believe it Al! This guy knows what it takes to win in the Big Ten. Alignment is so important and I think Schiano nailed it with this hire.
I’m not so sure anybody thought KC was being courted to come back to RU.

Reactions: rutgersal
Someone forgot to tell Al he should only eat a quarter square of the cannabis brownie and not the whole thing. Btw, I'm in as your assistant for Al's company at half your salary.

He has tried, remember the cheerleader post?
That date was off once she told him she was a cop.

Al you're just plum wonderful.
your optimistic outlook messages deserve this be awarded to you for knowing what he future holds
thumb__325_322_0_0_crop.png

Reactions: rutgersal

‘25 Offense
WR Rashad Rochelle

Come on Al, extension really for a 4 win team

I love how he predicts the starting line up. I would be my house that half those guys aren’t even on the team in 2025.

I love how you actually read the entire post! Things quiet at PSU? Looks like your OC and DC will be there again? Diaz was a great get.
I skimmed it but yes the entire on field staff will be intact. First time in the longest time. Diaz was a great hire. Will be interesting how long they can keep him. From the sounds of it he in no rush and really wants to wait for the right job.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I skimmed it but yes the entire on field staff will be intact. First time in the longest time. Diaz was a great hire. Will be interesting how long they can keep him. From the sounds of it he in no rush and really wants to wait for the right job.
Maybe in 2 more years, the job at the team in the same conference next door will be available. IMO, without a winning season in the next 2 years, the job will be available.

Reactions: PSU_Nut and jsol_05
I love how he predicts the starting line up. I would be my house that half those guys aren’t even on the team in 2025.
And he predicts the yardage. But then he predicted we'd beat Ohio State this year, and last year, and the year before, so I'm not sure what to believe, really...

Reactions: PSU_Nut
Well RU might be the right job once Captain KirkC turms the RU O around and coaches in need start to flock to Schiano like they are doing to Saban now.
When that happems I'm sure my wife will begin to think I know it all and stop arguing with me

Won't get into my PSU feelings because you seem to be a nice visitor here, but can't get into a love feast when it comes to the PSU coaching staff , but won't knock you're liking them .

• Love
Reactions: Knight Shift
Haha this thread is hilarious. Winning doesn't matter to the OP. It's obvious to me now that these brainwashed GS cultists want RU football to fail as long as their savior is well compensated and praised, despite utter failure throughout his career. I've never seen this level of group delusion.

Haha this thread is hilarious. Winning doesn't matter to the OP. It's obvious to me now that these brainwashed GS cultists want RU football to fail as long as their savior is well compensated and praised, despite utter failure throughout his career. I've never seen this level of group delusion.
To be fair, Jonestown was a little worse.

Reactions: RutgersSam
He's not going anywhere. He is lucky to be here. At the end of the day, he needed Rutgers a lot more than Rutgers needed him.

He turned a temper tantrum into a massive pay day.
Schiano said more than once that he has enough money to not have to be here, that he is here to make RU a winner.

‘25 Offense
WR Rashad Rochelle

stupid-forest-gump.gif

Reactions: PSU_Nut and brgRC90
Christ Sam, back from BWI? You still aren’t fooling anyone despite your month long hiatus after being called out.

Reactions: fluoxetine

Winning doesn’t matter, because we’re building a program, which takes precedence.
What you and other simple minds don’t understand is that you don’t build a program overnight, with the caliber of kid we’re recruiting. They need to be developed and we need to flush the roster. Most importantly, it takes time to develop an effective Big Ten Lineman. The transfers are merely stopgaps.

Once that is done, and the players have been properly developed, then we can talk about winning. Now if Dylan Braithwaite is the next Santana Moss, or Sam Brown can run like Mohamed Ibrahim, or if Toure can have Kenny Britt impact, we likely win sooner, rather than later. But I’m not about to count on freshman. What we need is an alpha male at WR and Tight End. Then we will win.

Winning doesn’t matter, because we’re building a program, which takes precedence.
What you and other simple minds don’t understand is that you don’t build a program overnight, with the caliber of kid we’re recruiting. They need to be developed and we need to flush the roster. Most importantly, it takes time to develop an effective Big Ten Lineman. The transfers are merely stopgaps.

Once that is done, and the players have been properly developed, then we can talk about winning. Now if Dylan Braithwaite is the next Santana Moss, or Sam Brown can run like Mohamed Ibrahim, or if Toure can have Kenny Britt impact, we likely win sooner, rather than later. But I’m not about to count on freshman. What we need is an alpha male at WR and Tight End. Then we will win.
It's sad to see someone that doesn't know how to identify genuine knowledge, skills and ability in a leader. It's also quite obvious you haven't worked for or been exposed firsthand to individuals who innately understand how to cultivate success at an organizational level.

Those of us that have had executive positions working for highly successful managers in the military, globally impactful corporations and non-profit organizations understand that GS is subpar in almost every relevant attribute. It's understandable how you have been fooled by Schiano.. he comes of as a good salesman to those in our fanbase who haven't spent their careers around ultra talented leaders.

Last edited:
It's sad to see someone that doesn't know how to identify genuine knowledge, skills and ability in a leader. It's also quite obvious you haven't worked for or been exposed firsthand to individuals who innately understand how to cultivate success at an organizational level.

Those of us that have had executive positions working for highly successful leaders in the military, globally impactful corporations and non-profit organizations understand that GS is subpar in almost every relevant attribute.

Blah Blah Blah. I am a successful leader so you can go BS someone else. It’s easy to cast aspersions in generalities, but we both know that you don’t know wtf you’re talking about RutgerSamir, so cut the BS.

To achieve, you need enough talent to do so, and we don’t have enough of it. Anyone with a modicum of common sense who has watched our games should be able to see that. That’s the bottomline.

He is not the easiest person to work for, but he gets the most out of people. It’s not a coincidence that two of his former assistants, PJ Fleck and Mario Cristobal, have also gone onto to be Head Coaches.
GS’s strengths are recruiting and developing talent, and making sure people make the most of their ability. He transforms kids into men and gives them the tools to be successful in life. And that’s why he is perfect for this role.

Al's evil twin makes an appearance.

Reactions: fluoxetine
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT