ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage v Villanova

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
We won 14-11. Was a close game throughout. I don’t know anything about Villanova but they have a preseason first team AA at midfield.

We played a lot of young guys. Not sure who they played.

Hay is in the barn as they say. Let’s get it on.

Reactions: RU-Hunter
We won 14-11. Was a close game throughout. I don’t know anything about Villanova but they have a preseason first team AA at midfield.

We played a lot of young guys. Not sure who they played.

Hay is in the barn as they say. Let’s get it on.
I actually heard that we lost, but my guy was not actually keeping score

Looked at the score sheet. They did in fact play their first team AA

I actually heard that we lost, but my guy was not actually keeping score
I have the most official score sheet you can get from a scrimmage. We won 14-11

Villanova played their dudes. We didn’t. That said, they were much better than BU I was told.

Of course, the forecast is only for a high of 26 next Saturday but that’s lacrosse weather in the northeast. Start the season in freezing cold and finish on some sweltering hot days at the final four. Today’s weather was nice.

Reactions: Caliknight
I really wish they would push the season back. Lacrosse in warmer weather is just better.
Yeah it’s time to finally move on from holding championship weekend on MDW. Playing nearly 40% of the season in the month of February is ridiculous. Need to push the start out at least two weeks, if not back to opening the season the first week in March.

Yeah it’s time to finally move on from holding championship weekend on MDW. Playing nearly 40% of the season in the month of February is ridiculous. Need to push the start out at least two weeks, if not back to opening the season the first week in March.

Tough to beat Saturday/Monday that MDW allows. Friday/Sunday isn't close. Each additional weekday game gets you one less week in February . One would help, but two would be better. As long as it wasn't two consecutive weeks I think it could be done.

Tough to beat Saturday/Monday that MDW allows. Friday/Sunday isn't close. Each additional weekday game gets you one less week in February . One would help, but two would be better. As long as it wasn't two consecutive weeks I think it could be done.
The whole reason the season is starting earlier and earlier is that coaches want fewer, not more midweek games. It is too much of a disadvantage. I don’t recall the statistics but teams that play a mid week game lose a disproportionate number of games the Saturday following.

Conferences need to make sure their tournaments are done at least a week ahead of the NCAAs and teams will want to be sure to finish their regular season at least a week before the start of the Conf tourney. That means the regular season has to end 2nd or 3rd week in April at the latest. If they ever decide to expand the Tourney that could push the end of the regular season back even further.

I get the advantage and tradition of a MDW Final Four, but it is just not worth having over half the season being played in sub zero temps. It’s just not how the game is meant to be played. There is no reason it has to end on that date. The CWS is played all the way through to the end of June. I’d happily trade a Friday - Sunday Final Four for a March regular season start date.

Even at the HS level the kids do not start till mid March and that is just try outs now. Early Feb is ridiculous for a sport that is most beautifully executed in spring weather. The weather is my only reservation about going to West Point in 3 weeks.

Reactions: RU-Hunter
The whole reason the season is starting earlier and earlier is that coaches want fewer, not more midweek games. It is too much of a disadvantage. I don’t recall the statistics but teams that play a mid week game lose a disproportionate number of games the Saturday following.

Conferences need to make sure their tournaments are done at least a week ahead of the NCAAs and teams will want to be sure to finish their regular season at least a week before the start of the Conf tourney. That means the regular season has to end 2nd or 3rd week in April at the latest. If they ever decide to expand the Tourney that could push the end of the regular season back even further.

I get the advantage and tradition of a MDW Final Four, but it is just not worth having over half the season being played in sub zero temps. It’s just not how the game is meant to be played. There is no reason it has to end on that date. The CWS is played all the way through to the end of June. I’d happily trade a Friday - Sunday Final Four for a March regular season start date.
Season should go from March to late June. They can play primarily night NCAA Tourney games to keep it from being too crazy hot in June.

Reactions: jreinsdorf
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT