ADVERTISEMENT

Villanova Scrimmage

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
I don’t put a lot in scrimmages typically but the one before the season starts, yea, that matters. I don’t have a lot of details but will soon. Maybe someone can post who was there but our boys embarrassed them. 17-3.

I’m not sure how good or not good Villanova is but a week before we go live, that’s an eye popping score.

Reactions: Clearscreen25
Was 2-2 after the 1st quarter. 9-2 at half. Midway through the 3rd our big guns were sitting.

What an ass kicking.

Early 2nd would be most interesting. Were Nova starters hanging on when the damn broke? The depth difference is obvious and substantial.

I just got home and posted my thoughts on the other site. FWIW, I was sitting next to the father of Villanova's top attack man, a senior. The dad said his son told him that they were struggling and did not expect them to be good. His kid played well, but didn't have a lot of help.

Like Cali, I think it's the same way with scrimmages. Hard to tell how good you are going to be. That said, I'll contribute a few thoughts.

We all know what 5 & 27 can do. There is a new kid on the block. Colin Kelly (2) from Canisius is an absolute stud. After a couple of misses in the first quarter, the kid went on a tear and the Nova D had no answer for him. Great moves and a wicked shot. He is going to be a defender's nightmare. Krummenacher played with him and Scott. Interesting sideline. I didn't see Kulas until the second half. Don't know if this was by design or not.

Colin Stollar. Absolutely solid. I'm very impressed with him. He really sees the ball well. Found openers after saves. Fagan mopped up in the 4th and did a nice job. I think we will be fine in goal.

Defense is big and smothered Nova. We may have a problem as Dartmouth transfer Peter Rizotti went down and had to be helped off with a leg injury. They took him back to Rodman by cart. Fingers crossed. Let's hope it isn't as bad as it looked.

A lot of mix and match at midfield. the Lehigh kid, #29 looked good. Logan Peters, Teresky, and the Krudyla brothers saw a lot of time. Come to think of it, I didn't see Aimone. Looks like lines are still coming together.

Hard to tell about FOGOs, considering you don't know what they were up against, but we won the majority. Utah kid had a couple of nice clean scoops and the kid from Monmouth is small, but a real scrapper.

Two defensive midfielders had good games, Hund from Towson and Edwards from UMBC. Some shades of NASCAR, but that's something that will continue to develop.

That's about all I have. These old eyes always miss some things, so looking forward to hearing from others who were there.

Damn! Rizzotti has one ACL in his past. I hope this is a false alarm.

It’s not an ACL thankfully. Too early to tell how long he will be out but it’s not going to be for a few weeks at minimum. Let’s hope for the best. He’s been playing very well.

Reactions: Wagram97
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT