ADVERTISEMENT

season ticket renewals and billing plan

dmd78

Hall of Famer
Jul 25, 2001
Ramsey, NJ
hi folks. I've had a busy spring and summer and I apologize that I haven't been on the board much. I also apologize for the long rant below...

I am wondering about the experiences that my fellow season ticketholders have had with the flow of information about wbball from Rutgers; in particular, the season schedule and the renewal process. As I'm sure others have done, I renewed my tickets this summer under the 2-payment plan. In the past, that's been a simple matter: you pay half when you renew and the second half is charged at a pre-determined date. Here's a blurb from one of the emails from August:

" The deadline to place a season ticket deposit to enter the billing plan for Rutgers Men's and/or Women'sBasketball season tickets is next Friday, August 19th. Season ticket deposits are 50% of last year's season ticket price. Full season ticket pricing will be announced when schedules are finalized."

Those who read this board are aware that the wbball schedule was announced on August 29. I don't know about anyone else, but I would have expected Rutgers to send an appropriate announcement of this schedule, along with relevant pricing details, to anyone who had renewed. That didn't happen, at least not for me. Then I got a call from my ticket rep today. I declined the call because I was somewhere that I couldn't talk. He called again a minute later. I answered this time and told him that I couldn't talk. He proceeded to tell me that my season tickets were due for renewal in 2 weeks. I told him that I had already renewed. He said yes, but that was just for half, but now they know the full season pricing. I told him again that I couldn't talk, but if I were able to talk I would have asked him why those details hadn't been communicated to us first. And why they couldn't just go ahead and charge my account without bothering me. :-) When I got home, I searched my email, and I finally found " Men's and Women's 2016-2017 Basketball Schedules Announced" buried deep in an email blast from 8/31, with the subject "Watch Rutgers vs. Washington [football] Live at the Yard": . I hadn't read that email because I had planned to watch that game at home, and why would I expect that email to also contain the new bball schedules? And said schedule isn't even legible - it's a graphic with microscopic text, with the promised pricing info is nowhere to be found.

Before I raise this issue to a "higher authority", I wanted to see whether other fans have had similar experiences. Thanks. :-)

hi folks. I've had a busy spring and summer and I apologize that I haven't been on the board much. I also apologize for the long rant below...

I am wondering about the experiences that my fellow season ticketholders have had with the flow of information about wbball from Rutgers; in particular, the season schedule and the renewal process. As I'm sure others have done, I renewed my tickets this summer under the 2-payment plan. In the past, that's been a simple matter: you pay half when you renew and the second half is charged at a pre-determined date. Here's a blurb from one of the emails from August:

" The deadline to place a season ticket deposit to enter the billing plan for Rutgers Men's and/or Women'sBasketball season tickets is next Friday, August 19th. Season ticket deposits are 50% of last year's season ticket price. Full season ticket pricing will be announced when schedules are finalized."

Those who read this board are aware that the wbball schedule was announced on August 29. I don't know about anyone else, but I would have expected Rutgers to send an appropriate announcement of this schedule, along with relevant pricing details, to anyone who had renewed. That didn't happen, at least not for me. Then I got a call from my ticket rep today. I declined the call because I was somewhere that I couldn't talk. He called again a minute later. I answered this time and told him that I couldn't talk. He proceeded to tell me that my season tickets were due for renewal in 2 weeks. I told him that I had already renewed. He said yes, but that was just for half, but now they know the full season pricing. I told him again that I couldn't talk, but if I were able to talk I would have asked him why those details hadn't been communicated to us first. And why they couldn't just go ahead and charge my account without bothering me. :) When I got home, I searched my email, and I finally found " Men's and Women's 2016-2017 Basketball Schedules Announced" buried deep in an email blast from 8/31, with the subject "Watch Rutgers vs. Washington [football] Live at the Yard": . I hadn't read that email because I had planned to watch that game at home, and why would I expect that email to also contain the new bball schedules? And said schedule isn't even legible - it's a graphic with microscopic text, with the promised pricing info is nowhere to be found.

Before I raise this issue to a "higher authority", I wanted to see whether other fans have had similar experiences. Thanks. :)
I received a call from my ticket rep yesterday. He explained that the final costs for my women's and men's tickets had been determined, what I still owed for each and asked if I wanted to take care of those amounts then or wait for the automatic charge at the end of the month. He also explained a new program for men's basketball where I could pay $10 per ticket and donate them to military personnel. I took care of everything yesterday with no problems.

I received a call on Thursday as I was going through airport security. Asked them to call back Friday, they did, confirmed the security code on my card and that was it.
They have a new system and new reps. My guy was extremely accommodating with the call back. No complaints.

Diana, my sister has not heard from anyone at RU about the 2nd half payment for our season tickets. I mentioned your post to her this afternoon and told her to call her rep. If she was sent an e-mail about watching the Washington game, she deleted it without reading it as we weren't going to go watch it. The communication on this hasn't been very good. She said this was the first year she was asked to pay half up front and she has had season tickets for many many years.

Thank you for the responses. I forgot to mention that I asked if he could call me back in 15 minutes or so, and he said no because he was off this week. If you have a job that involves calling people's cell phones, you must respect the fact that they may not be at a convenient location to talk.

I haven't heard a word from Rutgers about the balance for the BB tickets. Honestly, I almost didn't pay the 1/2 up front considering it was $25 service charge and I figured since the demand for WBB seats isn't that great that I would probably get my seat anyway. However, I paid it but haven't heard a word. Does anyone know if there will be another $25 service charge for the second payment? Also, anyone know how much the parking is? I probably should call them....

I also have not heard about the balance. I just assumed that it would be taken out. In the summer, my rep called several times to tell me that I needed to renew when I had already renewed online several weeks earlier.

RU announced the pricing yesterday: I can't get the link to work but level 100 is $405 ($305 renewal + $100 R Scholarship Fund donation) Parking is $120. 200 level is $225 and general admission is $100.

Reactions: dmd78
I am preparing to renew, but did not do the half payment this summer, as I was assured our seats would not be released until after the end of September. I just got the representative to send me the pricing details. This is pretty disappointing for the a sport that should be seeking to build its following. They want the money, but you have to chase them for details.

I am preparing to renew, but did not do the half payment this summer, as I was assured our seats would not be released until after the end of September. I just got the representative to send me the pricing details. This is pretty disappointing for the a sport that should be seeking to build its following. They want the money, but you have to chase them for details.

I agree. My rep called again this week, and he told me that Rutgers is *still* working on the schedule announcement. Seriously? How hard could that be? Meanwhile, I already know (from a direct email) that my section of the stadium is supposed to wear black to the football game on October 8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT