ADVERTISEMENT

Season Ticket Renewals, Redux

Again, you are or you’re not.

If it’s not about money, your work and/or family schedule/commitments it’s as simple as above.

Some have said as much in this thread whether they realize it or not.

Last edited:
Everyone will make whatever decision they believe is best for them. To each his own as they say.

There are millions of folks in NJ who don't go to Rutgers football games, including hundreds of thousands of alumni. There are Rutgers football fans among them in some form or another. Blue blood programs are no different in that regard. If/when the winning starts, the bandwagon will fill up.

Can't wait for next season. My son who just graduated and a few of his friends will be joining us with young alumni tickets and my daughter who is a freshman will be joining us. These games have always been a family function for us win or lose.

Still haven't made a final decision, but most likely will be partial, as I initially indicated.
2017- 6 tickets
2018- 4 tickets
2019- Projected to be 2 tickets

You got it backwards; how about free comps to the people that did? Reward those who are sticking with the program. Why would I buy season tickets, if I cancel and they give them to me for free?
I've often wondered why they never throw a bone to the loyal fans.
This thread is like being at a funeral.

Thanks Chris and Pat!
And let's not forget "Throw 'Em Under The Bus" Bobby!

Have 4 + blue. Keeping 4 + blue. Looks like I will have plenty of opportunity to tweak my seat location!!

I'm renewing my 4 and Purple (have more than enough PPs and donations for Green and Yellow but prefer Purple as it's paved and tailgate friends). My friend is renewing his 2 as well.

Reactions: Section124
Whether people are renewing or not, I'm still completely baffled by the lack of any communication regarding renewals. It sounds like those that have renewed, did so proactively. I would think a lack of any type of campaign would impact totals as well.

Reactions: Rutgers25
Whether people are renewing or not, I'm still completely baffled by the lack of any communication regarding renewals. It sounds like those that have renewed, did so proactively. I would think a lack of any type of campaign would impact totals as well.
Got multiple emails from Rutgers and a phone call from my new guy.

Renewed my 9 tickets but will drop down to a few if things go further south this year, i.e. worse or similar record and Ash is retained. I've had season tickets in football for 35 years, men's basketball for 40 years and women's basketball for 20 years, plus I've funded scholarships in football, women's soccer and women's basketball, and donated significant money to the build fund, so the amount I've spent on Rutgers athletics over the years is, well, I lost count. I am coming to the sad conclusion that If the Rutgers administration does not care to field competitive teams then why am I spending so much hard earned money on sports. We basically get embarrassed in just about every sport in the B1G, and seriously embarrassed in a lot them. In those we are actually good at, like wrestling and men's lacrosse, we are still middle of the pack or lower. I am hopeful about men's basketball and field hockey, and cautiously optimistic that we get a bid for women's basketball this year, but that's about it. Watching us finish, usually distant, last in the B1G indoor track and field, volleyball, swimming and diving, men's soccer, football, tennis (most likely), softball, golf, baseball, and more...ugh. Can't take much more.

Renewed my 9 tickets but will drop down to a few if things go further south this year, i.e. worse or similar record and Ash is retained. I've had season tickets in football for 35 years, men's basketball for 40 years and women's basketball for 20 years, plus I've funded scholarships in football, women's soccer and women's basketball, and donated significant money to the build fund, so the amount I've spent on Rutgers athletics over the years is, well, I lost count. I am coming to the sad conclusion that If the Rutgers administration does not care to field competitive teams then why am I spending so much hard earned money on sports. We basically get embarrassed in just about every sport in the B1G, and seriously embarrassed in a lot them. In those we are actually good at, like wrestling and men's lacrosse, we are still middle of the pack or lower. I am hopeful about men's basketball and field hockey, and cautiously optimistic that we get a bid for women's basketball this year, but that's about it. Watching us finish, usually distant, last in the B1G indoor track and field, volleyball, swimming and diving, men's soccer, football, tennis (most likely), softball, golf, baseball, and more...ugh. Can't take much more.
This may be the best post of the entire thread. You are an outstanding RU fan.

As someone who has seats in the end zone by choice (I like watching the plays develop and holes open up), I'm curious how many people who are buying single seats in the end zone as placeholders are going to be using them? .

2000: Great post, and thank you for all the generosity.

Personally, FB (6 tix + 2 Scarlet PPs) & BB season ticket holder for 22+ years, but you hit the nail square on the head on why after all these years (and we’ve unquestionably witnessed the depths of sports futility) I’m dropping from 6 to 2 FB tix :

If the administration, all the way to the top, doesn’t care and properly invest, why should I waste my money? Ash is a good guy but this is a big money business... if you’re committed to putting the best product on the field it made no sense, definitely not economically with the resulting mass exodus, not to bring in a new coach. Just total incompetent leadership. Administration is not serious about winning.

Our group had 12 tickets in 2010.

For the most part it's been 8 tix split amongst 4 of us past few years.

We have one last die hard who will buy 2 off me to keep our PPs going .

After Kansas I said I wouldn't attend another game as long as Ash is coaching. Why bother. The administration just doesnt care and neither do I.

I've had the same 6 seats in 126 for 15 years with Scarlet parking with the donations the whole time. Turned off the donations last summer and will buy 2 seats in the best available they can give with my newly lowered PP's. Just can't rationalize that kind of expense anymore when they enjoyment isn't there and no friends or family members want to go w me, and can't give them away when I can't attend. Going on a nice vacation with the savings from the donations, seat fund b.s., and ticket cost. When I did the math I was sick to my stomach. Six figures worth of donations over the years and we're as bad right now as we've been since I graduated in 1986. Good luck Hobbs.

Reactions: JoeRU0304
I won't. I'll come back from some games, but season tickets are big commitment of time and other stuff has stepped in. Turns out I like not having to shuffle my entire life around every Fall in order to accommodate football.

when its not fun anymore, its easy to not make time, some on this board think we have to have a lifelong devotion to a school that has pissed away our money and support for years with terrible decision making. People will come back when they believe that the program is on the right path..ie hoops...not one who is not a shill believes in Ash

Still haven't made a final decision, but most likely will be partial, as I initially indicated.
2017- 6 tickets
2018- 4 tickets
2019- Projected to be 2 tickets

Much like my story. We kept losing our tailgate partners.
I had eight tickets for years but only six regulars. We would invite different friends/relatives to fill in. These people were never asked to pay for the tickets. I never minded treating as long as the tickets were used. But then it became hard to get people to come. As prices went up we dropped to six as eating unused tickets bothered me. Then a couple dropped out as the guys job had him working many Saturday mornings and with so many noon starts he couldn't get to enough games to justify buying. Now the other two have dropped out. It was hardly worth the work to put together a tailgate with only four people. In fact a couple of times we just stopped at a diner on the way to thestadium. With only two I know we would not tailgate. So will not be buying any season tickets.

I genuinely feel like the Athletic Department needs to do something for the people who have had season tickets for 25+ years. There should be a PP bonus when you hit certain milestones.
I think that they should let me park in the Yellow Lot for the first game this year if I present my parking pass for that lot from the first 1994 game vs Kent.

Renewed yesterday. Went from 4 to 2 and no parking.
Ill take my chances on open market next year for parking and IF I'll ever need more tickets.

Early 90s I had 4 seats 8 rows back on the 50 which was then the visitors side.

Just following thru on what I said I would do.

Serious question that I doubt can be quantified. With all these season ticket holders leaving, and some of them being way up the list on priority points, will starting over at zero hurt that bad? We've had tickets since 2005, but if we leave now and come back in 2 or 3 years, do we really lose much? I'm not convinced .

Good question...probably not. Only way would be if we miraculously are in the 9-3 territory regularly. I just can’t see that happening given how loaded the division is...

At this point, our upside, even with a new coach is 7-5 type seasons. With those types of records we’ll hold on to the core, but won’t see a dramatic uptick in season tickets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT